YOMD and our family

If anyone wonders why we all keep going back to Disney....this one of the best reasons of all. I am so happy you had this wonderful experience.

Sooooooo Happy for you and your family-----tears of joy for you!!!
It couldn't of happened to a nicer family--HUGS
Mel

P.S the smile on his face was wonderful,,:yay:

What a great story and how wonderful for your family! Thanks for shring your pix!

Wow! Thanks for sharing! I am so happy for you and know just what you mean! My son has an ASD too and Disney is always magical for him!
:cool2:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I'm so glad this happened to you; you guys deserve it! :hug: Oh dear, I'm tearing up now!

Wow- this could not have happened to a nicer family and it really came at a time when it was needed. I'm so glad your dreams came true!!!!!!!!!!!---Kathy

What an amazing thing! That is so great. I absolutely love the picture of your DS and Goofy and the Dream Team CM in the back--the absolute joy on her face also!

And I had tears with you for your photo with Goofy. You are so beautiful, and what a beautiful family. You deserved this magic--you have had some tough times and they are probably not over, but these special memories will last a life time! :grouphug:

Thank you friends for reading about our dreams come true day!:love: I am still just left wondering why us? What did we do that was any different from everyone else in the park?

There are so many families and folks that all have problems, physical, financial or marital. I wish they all could have a dream come true. It makes such a difference.

The entire trip was wonderful and at a very slow pace, finally. We would either wake up early and go to the EMH or get up later and swim for bit then head out. We slowed down and relaxed. We got to see shows like Nemo and we saw the parades.

We were on the dining plan and I gained 7 lbs! The food was over the top as usual. Now for an exercise program quick.

The weather held out for the most part with the passholder party at AK being rained out. On Tuesday morning it also was raining pretty hard. We put on our ponchos and headed out to POFQ for bengittes (SP). Once we had breakfast, we were able to walk back to OKW using a service road. It took maybe 5 minutes compared to the hour by bus getting there.

The rides were walk on to everything other than soarin. People were all happy and in a good mood. There was room to walk around every park. I even have empty park pictures.

The love bugs came out in the end but I told DS that they are friends and they like him. They don't bite, sting or hurt so we would just make a game of flicking them off.

It was wonderful but now DS is spectruming out badly without the stimuli and being inside. The worst part is coming back home. We have a few days on our ranch and then it is back to the city for his schools.

Blessings, April

Thank you for sharing. That was the coolest thing.

If you dont mind me asking, what is the lanyard wearing?

as a mom of an asd child, i'm so thrilled that it happened for your family, as a mom, period, i'm crying happy tears for you!:tilt:

The lanyard is a sign I made and laminated. Here is the picture of it.

It got wet and melted.

AUTSIMAWARENESSSHIRTJEP-1.jpg

Feel free to use the artwork. It is not very good but I worked hard to make the design.

Thank you all for your kind comment and thoughts. It was a magical day and the dream team does make dreams come true. Each person was so kind and thoughtful. It could not have been any better!

April

Wow, how touching. What an incredible experience for your entire family.

thanks for posting the link. I would not have seen it there.
I actually missed your post here until this morning because we were also at WDW.

Wow, you are such a beautiful family!! I'm glad you guys got such a once in a lifetime day!! Your son looked like he had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter