You’ll never get me on a cruise. Unless it’s to ALASKA! Recap and New PTR Link! 2/1

We wanted to go on the Disney Alaska cruise but it did not leave from LA when we wanted to take a cruise...Maybe our next cruise will be to Alaska.

I don't either but I found I was able to have a more restful sleep because I could move air better.

Percodan does the same thing to me, sick as a dog.

It will be interesting to see. It's a little nutty right now as I'm rather, um, noisy. :rotfl: Which means it's a little awkward in the office at times and since I can't predict...not ideal for client meetings! Thank goodness I can work from home if I need to, I was a sneezing maniac this morning!

Nice excusion into Ketchikan. You planned well, and glad the jacket was at the last stop. :rolleyes1

VERY glad the jacket was the last spot. I think he may have tied it around his waist most of the time or heavens knows he'd have misplaced it earlier. Ketchikan was nice, just about perfect actually, even with the rain.

We wanted to go on the Disney Alaska cruise but it did not leave from LA when we wanted to take a cruise...Maybe our next cruise will be to Alaska.

Hi and :welcome:

I think the only way to do it from LA would be to do the West Coast repo, and then book the Alaska after that. It wouldn't get you back to LA though.

I am not sure what the 2012 itineraries look like though and 2013 isn't out yet.

Hey! I enjoyed your post! Even wet it still looks pretty and like a fun day. I love coffee shops in the rain...
Glad you found the jacket! I have mega fears of that happening, especially with new coats!!!

What a nice afternoon, despite the rain!

I love Evan's hat. Nick loves those hats! Good thing the jacket was found and yeah for all kinds of inexpensive T's. Now that's my kind of store.

Lunch sounded yummy and unique. Too bad there are no pics, but I'll forgive you. :rotfl:

The Wonder is a really beautiful boat. I will never get tired of looking at pictures of her. :goodvibes

Hey! I enjoyed your post! Even wet it still looks pretty and like a fun day. I love coffee shops in the rain...
Glad you found the jacket! I have mega fears of that happening, especially with new coats!!!

I love coffee shops in general, but especially in the rain. I hear you on the fears with new clothes. Not sure which is worse, the kids losing them or having someone steal them out of your hamper! He was very lucky it was still there. It was a fun day and pretty in the rain. We were bummed about the hike but other than that I'm not sure we'd have done anything differently.

What a nice afternoon, despite the rain!

I love Evan's hat. Nick loves those hats! Good thing the jacket was found and yeah for all kinds of inexpensive T's. Now that's my kind of store.

I wish I liked mens cut t shirts, it's criminally unfair that womens cut versions are never the cheap deals. Yeah, Evan has a few like that and Eric just joined the hat club too (with one Evan gave him for Christmas lol). Evan's newest one is Bert from Sesame Street, it's a riot.

Lunch sounded yummy and unique. Too bad there are no pics, but I'll forgive you. :rotfl:

The Wonder is a really beautiful boat. I will never get tired of looking at pictures of her. :goodvibes

I should have taken food pics, really no idea why I didn't! Not so sure about unique....at least not for around here (a lot of that you'd find on a good pub menu) but it was definitely what we were looking for and very good!

The Wonder is a beauty. We never got tired either and there is SO much detail I didn't capture.

Cynthia, despite the rainy, dreary day, it sounds like it was a good day with some good buys on purchases too.

I have to tell you taht I am drooling over the menu where you had lunch. I could eat seafood seven days a week, and I just wanted one of about everything on the menu.

Cynthia, despite the rainy, dreary day, it sounds like it was a good day with some good buys on purchases too.

I have to tell you that I am drooling over the menu where you had lunch. I could eat seafood seven days a week, and I just wanted one of about everything on the menu.

I could eat good seafood most days of the week. Bad...that's another story. :rotfl:

It was only dreary and rainy early in the outing, it did stop raining and it's not like we aren't used to it anyway so other than the hike, didn't slow us down a bit.

All 3 boys ended up with at least 4 shirts this trip, I think Jeff got 4, Eric 5 and Evan 6! The most we spent was $20 on one special shirt from zip lining but everything else was $5-7.50 each!

How cool the way the houses are just hanging over the water that way. And a salmon run would certainly be cool to see...especially if you're from the NE, not the NW. Ketchican looks really cute. And you did get a whole bunch of cute new pics of your boys. :goodvibes

And seeing the Disney ship near the other cruise ships just highlight its beauty all the more. And it makes sense that Steamboat Willy would be on there somwhere, huh?

How cool the way the houses are just hanging over the water that way. And a salmon run would certainly be cool to see...especially if you're from the NE, not the NW. Ketchican looks really cute. And you did get a whole bunch of cute new pics of your boys. :goodvibes

And seeing the Disney ship near the other cruise ships just highlight its beauty all the more. And it makes sense that Steamboat Willy would be on there somwhere, huh?

It's kind of a little boardwalk area almost, very cute. Salmon runs are fun. there is a neat one here where you can see them both above, and under, the water. Of course you can also see the Sea Lions hanging out to poach! :rotfl:

It's funny, in some ways we may have been less impressed with things than those from vastly different climates but in another way we were less held back or hampered by the weather. I remember in Skagway our table mates (from CA) FROZE on their eagle watching excursion.

Now granted, it was some kind of boat excursion, possibly a raft or a canoe. And they were in jeans, and got wet. Bad combo. But I'm quite sure they weren't the only ones who had similar experiences, we saw a biking excursion on the way back from ziplining that looked pretty darn wet as well and if you aren't used to that...brr.

The NW factor will come into play very shortly in my next update.

There is a different Mickey on the front of each ship, and then different 3d ones on the back hanging off. The Wonder gets Steamboat Willie, I think the Dream has Sorcerer Mickey, Fantasy gets Sailor Mickey and I forget what the Magic has.

We were excited to see that the Fantasy got Dumbo and Timothy Mouse for the back, it was fun to see something other than the fab 5 or their relatives.

I remember in Skagway our table mates (from CA) FROZE on their eagle watching excursion.

Now granted, it was some kind of boat excursion, possibly a raft or a canoe. And they were in jeans, and got wet. Bad combo. But I'm quite sure they weren't the only ones who had similar experiences, we saw a biking excursion on the way back from ziplining that looked pretty darn wet as well and if you aren't used to that...brr.

Or some people are just whiny babies! :rotfl: I'm kidding. People also just react to different temperatures in different ways. Personally, I'm OK being cold, whereas some people who've lived here their whole lives are traumatized by it every winter. :confused3

Or some people are just whiny babies! :rotfl: I'm kidding. People also just react to different temperatures in different ways. Personally, I'm OK being cold, whereas some people who've lived here their whole lives are traumatized by it every winter. :confused3

:rotfl:

There is that. People here complain when it gets too hot in the summer!

:confused3

:rotfl2: I am one of those. I grew up in Minnesota - spent 3 yrs in ND - we're talking 30 below on a normal day sometimes - 50 below with the wind. You would think I would never be cold, right? Well, after spending time in the tropics of Okinawa, and then a year in Calif. - I still hate the cold after living here 20 years. I think it has been the snow and wind during baseball season that ruined it for me. Anyway - this is our last winter - we are headed for Phoenix and I can't wait!:woohoo:

:rotfl:

There is that. People here complain when it gets too hot in the summer!

:confused3

Now that is funny. I don't think you could call your neck of the woods hot by any stretch, unless you're coming from the North Pole :goodvibes

Caught back up again!

Your seaplane excursion was soooo pretty!

There is a girl I went to school with who lives in Sutton, Alaska now (no idea where that is), but her FB posts are so funny to me....she talks about her sons getting their pilot licenses, and going out for a flight like we would take a drive in the country. And random comments about encounters with moose. But what beautiful pictures she posts!

Your wildlife encounters were interesting too (salmon and eagles and bears oh my :rolleyes:)

Every time I read your report I get the urge to go on a cruise. I think we may shoot for 2013, that will be our 25th anniversary, so seems like a good excuse to take one.

Loved the boys double date night and that after their date night they still had to have pics with their favorite characters, and get more stuffed animals :)

:rotfl2: I am one of those. I grew up in Minnesota - spent 3 yrs in ND - we're talking 30 below on a normal day sometimes - 50 below with the wind. You would think I would never be cold, right? Well, after spending time in the tropics of Okinawa, and then a year in Calif. - I still hate the cold after living here 20 years. I think it has been the snow and wind during baseball season that ruined it for me. Anyway - this is our last winter - we are headed for Phoenix and I can't wait!:woohoo:
It's hard to acclimate to that kind of change in humidity and temps. When I moved to Chicago it was pretty brutal for the first couple of years but honestly, it was far worse when I moved back here. I was chilled to the bone for several years until I adjusted back. It was crazy, I'd never been cold like that here growing up! Cold yes, but not that kind of chill. Granted, I'm almost always cold but this was a very different kind of cold, especially in the spring.

Now that is funny. I don't think you could call your neck of the woods hot by any stretch, unless you're coming from the North Pole :goodvibes

Well we get a seasonal drought most years (july/aug, often late aug) and can have a couple of weeks of serious heat sometimes. Everyone here loves it when it's in the 70's but you get into the 80's or higher for too long and some will complain. When it gets into the upper 80's and higher for more than 3 days, most folks here don't have A/C and so houses can get rather miserable.

Caught back up again!

Your seaplane excursion was soooo pretty!

There is a girl I went to school with who lives in Sutton, Alaska now (no idea where that is), but her FB posts are so funny to me....she talks about her sons getting their pilot licenses, and going out for a flight like we would take a drive in the country. And random comments about encounters with moose. But what beautiful pictures she posts!

Your wildlife encounters were interesting too (salmon and eagles and bears oh my :rolleyes:)

Jeff would be in heaven. Well not with the Moose, they can do major damage! I have no idea where Sutton is either. Seaplanes are very much a way of life up there. It was a great excursion.

Every time I read your report I get the urge to go on a cruise. I think we may shoot for 2013, that will be our 25th anniversary, so seems like a good excuse to take one.

Loved the boys double date night and that after their date night they still had to have pics with their favorite characters, and get more stuffed animals :)

If you are seriously thinking about Disney for 2013 I'd book a placeholder, the rates go up fast and the earlier you book, the better. You can always change it or cancel it. It does sound like a perfect excuse to take one! Rumor is that the 2013 itineraries will be released around the 18th so I'd keep an eye out.

I am glad the boys can manage a double date...and still want stuffed animals! Eric ended up with most of them, I think he got 4 plus the puppet. Evan just got the puppet since I talked him out of Lotso. My point was that he could find Lotso at home so why spend souvie money on him?

That's great! :goodvibes I would move to Florida in a heartbeat if I could.

And, Cynthia, that's true...humidity and the 80's are no fun without A/C. And I think I have some idea of what you mean. When I was i school, I went on a school trip to Ireland over April vacation, thinking the temps and everything would be like April here. Um...no. I was so cold. Did something similar in Chicago, too. It was freakish and in the 80s my first two days out there and then the temperatures plummeted by forty degrees, I was totally unprepared for it. :rotfl:

Well, it looks like you had a good day in Ketchikan, weather be darned! Love the picture of Evan in the hat!! Ummmm, I'm glad you got the jacket back! I would have been a bit annoyed if I were you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter