You bet your aft we had a good time! A Wonder trip report Update 12/30 p.59-611

Likewise about the cold! Whats the weather where you are? We are seeing uncommonly high winds of 50-70 mph. I saw a semi ever so gently turn on its side yesterday. Horrible! Plus the cold which will make it a whopping 17* I think today. :rotfl2: Is that even a viable temp? :rotfl:

2/2016 isn't that far away!!!! :woohoo:

OK, I'll quit complaining about our weather, your tops ours. We've been getting down to the high 20s and low 30s at night, we were getting wind gust over 40 mph. Today is a sunny 49 and calm.:thumbsup2

We partied as hard. :rotfl2: Dropped Chloe, Joshua, and their friend at the movies then M and I went to dinner which was really nice; Indian. Got home about 10, with the kids, then fell asleep by 11. :rotfl2: Was up at 2 when Gabby got home to hear the gory details of the party she was at. I am SO proud of her. She was the only kid allowed to drive home because she was the only kid who didn't drink. :thumbsup2

Woo hoo for both Gabby and her parents.:woohoo:

Way to go, Gabby. And well done to you, momma! That's great parenting.

:goodvibes Thank you. We try but you never really know if they are absorbing anything.​

[/LEFT]
OK, I'll quit complaining about our weather, your tops ours. We've been getting down to the high 20s and low 30s at night, we were getting wind gust over 40 mph. Today is a sunny 49 and calm.:thumbsup2

Woo hoo for both Gabby and her parents.:woohoo:

:thanks: for the sweet words.

49* and calm sounds nice. Its calm now and I think in the high 20's, low 30's. I haven't been outside today. In fact I am still in my robe. :rotfl:

Good job with Gabby.

Our highs are in the low 50s and lows are in the 30s or 40s. I'm still not going outside.

Good job with Gabby.

Our highs are in the low 50s and lows are in the 30s or 40s. I'm still not going outside.

Thanks girl! :goodvibes I certainly didn't make the same wise choices. ;)

I haven't been outside today either. Chloe told me the high today was 27*. :faint: I thought it was higher but she said no. Its horrible. I haven't been out of my robe all day. :rotfl:

Thanks girl! :goodvibes I certainly didn't make the same wise choices. ;)

I haven't been outside today either. Chloe told me the high today was 27*. :faint: I thought it was higher but she said no. Its horrible. I haven't been out of my robe all day. :rotfl:

I didn't make very wise choices either. :rolleyes1

I've discovered the joys of Netflix. I hope that this doesn't become a habit. I may need to cancel after the free month.

I didn't make very wise choices either. :rolleyes1

I've discovered the joys of Netflix. I hope that this doesn't become a habit. I may need to cancel after the free month.

Netflix is amazing! I go through spurts of mega marathon watching and then nothing for weeks. They do have two of my favorite movies though right now: Love Actually and Almost Famous. They have good documentaries too.​

Oh, those CC pics just make me drool!!!! I would SOOOOOO love to be there

With a Konk Kooler of course!

When Pam got back to the ship, she ran into the Parent who said she was so upset because AC had stolen her KTTW card and bought 9-10 drinks that afternoon on Castaway Cay.

Now when I was at the bar it was ACSO buying the drinks not her which makes it even more crazy. Anyway....

The parent claimed she hadn't bought that many drinks the entire trip.

When Pam got to dinner, Joshua and I were already there as were the two minor children. The parent and ACSO showed up but AC never came to dinner. They received two calls during dinner that caused them to leave the table......

You ready?

The first was that AC had been arrested in the room. :faint:

The second call was that she had been taken down to the health center on the ship. Neither the parent or ACSO came back after the second call. The two minor children stayed with us during the remainder of dinner.

She shared more drama. Apparently AC, during room arrest, fought the security folks resulting in being restrained and handcuffed. Security had to stay outside the room which resulted in a $300 charge.

So incredibly sad for those kids. I'm not sure how likeable the parent is as the kids keep getting ditched for the drama. And Pam mentioned something about the mom and the ACSO being in appropriate with each other? I can't even imagine what I'd think if I was the parent of the tweens friend and heard about all of this later.

What in the world did she DO to get room arrest? Mom reported her???? That is mind boggling. 9-10 drinks. Well lets see, if you get off the ship the minute you can, what is that, 8:30 am maybe? Stay there till the bars close, 4pm maybe? theoretically that's a solid 6.5 hours of potential boozing it up. 5 each? No problem based on what you've been describing, sigh. Although by the sound of it the 10 were consumed long before 4:45 came around and I suspect they didn't wobble to the beach right at 8:30 either. Yikes. And honestly yikes at the cost of 10 CC drinks on your bill in one day. Those are pricey! Not to mention that much booze in the sun....wow.

WTG Gabby!!!! Curious though about the "allowed" to drive. Who was pulling keys? Was there an adult there providing the booze? I just had that conversation with Evan last night about calling if he needed a ride (or to spend the night as frankly we don't want to be on the road either even if we've not had anything on NYE), reiterating that no one would be in trouble.

Oh, those CC pics just make me drool!!!! I would SOOOOOO love to be there

With a Konk Kooler of course!

Me too! Its so cold here. I just went outside to grab dog food and it's 12*. :rotfl2: Like does that even count? :confused3

So incredibly sad for those kids. I'm not sure how likeable the parent is as the kids keep getting ditched for the drama. And Pam mentioned something about the mom and the ACSO being in appropriate with each other? I can't even imagine what I'd think if I was the parent of the tweens friend and heard about all of this later.

I think it's the therapist in me that's able to moderately separate the behavior and the person. Its fairly easy for me to tell where someone is fractured. Parent= bad choices, bad men, etc.... It doesn't justify it but it does lend insight. She's trying, overcompensating, the lack of boundaries are about spoiling or making up for things. It doesn't make sense I'm sure as you don't do that but I see it every single day. Without empathy, I couldn't be a therapist.​

What in the world did she DO to get room arrest? Mom reported her???? That is mind boggling. 9-10 drinks. Well lets see, if you get off the ship the minute you can, what is that, 8:30 am maybe? Stay there till the bars close, 4pm maybe? theoretically that's a solid 6.5 hours of potential boozing it up. 5 each? No problem based on what you've been describing, sigh. Although by the sound of it the 10 were consumed long before 4:45 came around and I suspect they didn't wobble to the beach right at 8:30 either. Yikes. And honestly yikes at the cost of 10 CC drinks on your bill in one day. Those are pricey! Not to mention that much booze in the sun....wow.

From what we could tell and what we were told, she stole the KTTW card. The parent and AC were not in the same room. Like I said, I don't think the parent was trying to be a bad parent, she saw her child hammered again, and didn't know what to do. I am speculating as to why she told. The parent didn't tell us that. Very time Pam and I talk about this we say the same thing: we hope the tween gets OUT!​

WTG Gabby!!!! Curious though about the "allowed" to drive. Who was pulling keys? Was there an adult there providing the booze? I just had that conversation with Evan last night about calling if he needed a ride (or to spend the night as frankly we don't want to be on the road either even if we've not had anything on NYE), reiterating that no one would be in trouble.

Yes there were parents there and older siblings so it was really the older sibling's party so to say. If someone had even a sip, they turned their keys in. The party was only about 20 people. We are pretty real when it comes to what these kids are faced with, same things we were faced with, and what is age appropriate as fas as experimentation. Utah is a funny funny place. Even Gabby will tell you, kids here can't just have a drink or two, they have to get snot slinging drunk or be chanting bible verses; there isn't a medium here, not a lot of moderation taught here. Alcohol is seen as totally prohibited even for adults so the mystery placed around it just makes these kids want to drink. Same goes for dating. You either date/sleep with anyone and everyone, no one ever because you are terrified, or promise to get married at 18. :upsidedow The logic is totally counterproductive. The few friends Gab has, who's folks have the same *rules* we do, also don't drink. The ones who can call their folks for a ride etc....Its such a strange dynamic. I don't claim to know it all or even half :rotfl2: but human nature is human nature and if we don't talk to our kids, they will find out some how. We have also sat down with Gab and her fella regarding this issue and he also knows where we stand. :thumbsup2 This teen/young adult thing is a crap shoot and so far they all three seem to be doing okay. No subject is off limits and they know that. I'm sure they'll need therapy for something we've messed up on though. :lmao:

It's been soooo cold here! Like below zero cold most of the week. It was -6 Wednesday when I left for work! I'm ready for warm weather...too bad that is about 4 months off.

Jenny...you guys are doing an amazing job with your kids!

Netflix is great! Alison, have you watched Orange is the New black yet?!?!? :)

I was thinking of you and Fran when I was watching the Rose Parade yesterday....are you staying warm?!?!

Jill in CO

It's been soooo cold here! Like below zero cold most of the week. It was -6 Wednesday when I left for work! I'm ready for warm weather...too bad that is about 4 months off.

I was thinking of you and Fran when I was watching the Rose Parade yesterday....are you staying warm?!?!

Jill in CO

I couldn't handle that kind of cold! I think Fran wants to watch that series, I'm waiting for her to feel better before getting into anything major. Today will be the first time in like two or three days that I will leave the house. I took cat poop to the trash yesterday and barely went outside Wednesday. It's too freakin cold for So Cal!

And they announced today that DL is introducing tragic bands in 2016! And they're going to cost $13! I hope that we can use our WDW ones! I've got a collection now!

I couldn't handle that kind of cold! I think Fran wants to watch that series, I'm waiting for her to feel better before getting into anything major. Today will be the first time in like two or three days that I will leave the house. I took cat poop to the trash yesterday and barely went outside Wednesday. It's too freakin cold for So Cal!

And they announced today that DL is introducing tragic bands in 2016! And they're going to cost $13! I hope that we can use our WDW ones! I've got a collection now!

How's Fran doing?

Tragic Bands are one thing...I hope they don't bring FP+ along with them.

Jill in CO

Jill in CO

Love OITNB on Netflix! I need season 3. :hyper: I'm not sure who I like and who I don't with regard to the characters. :rotfl2:

Thanks friend. We try. :goodvibes

The thought of not being warm for another few months is tragic. And then some. I really have to dig deep in the winter to stay positive. ;)

Magic bands for Disneyland? How do you really feel about that. LOL! ;) Tragic bands? :rotfl: :lmao:

It's 25* here and the high will be 28*. Where is the shoot myself emoji?

How's Fran doing?

Tragic Bands are one thing...I hope they don't bring FP+ along with them.

Jill in CO

FP+ too? Holy change. I still haven't been to WDW since the intro of the bands. I ready very mixed things but I do think they are darn cute. On the cruise Joshua needed a band for the little kid's club. Super fun!

Yeah, how you and Fran feeling today? :hug:

That is tragic! :(

I miss the spontaneity of being able to 'just go'. I like planning....but not to the degree that the Disney makes me take it to at WDW.

I miss the spontaneity of being able to 'just go'. I like planning....but not to the degree that the Disney makes me take it to at WDW.

I am a little hesitant about reserving rides. I like the FP system.​

I just don't want to have to micromanage my day at DL. I like them at WDW, just not at home.

I don;t see it as necessary but I have no first hand experience with them; only what I read.​

We are planning to leave the house today, so that's better. Well if we ever find her wallet.

Hope you found the wallet and left the house. :goodvibes

I am a little hesitant about reserving rides. I like the FP system.

I don;t see it as necessary but I have no first hand experience with them; only what I read.​

I don't mind doing it for WDW. I am only there on vacation and not part of daily life. I've already micromanaged most of my stay (meals, park strategy, etc) so I don't mind reserving a few of my favorite rides to guarantee going on them once, twice if Fran gives me her FP.

At DL its a whole different ballgame. I don't plan my visits 30-60 days in advance unless it's to meet someone on a trip, and then it's likely we don't need FP. All the good rides will likely be FP+'d out before I've made my decision to head out to the park. That will make my ability to pick a FP ride or two impossible. I like my perks they way they are, now how are the perks going change with the new system? FP have to be available to get one, if the rides are all FP+'sd out, then I'm SOL, unless they come up with some wonderful benefit. I'm not convinced of that since any of the "benefits" we've received in the last year have been less than actual "benefits".

Hope you found the wallet and left the house. :goodvibes

Still looking for the wallet, but we did leave the house. We picked up the rent checks! :rotfl2: Went to McDonald's. :lmao: It had actually been so long since I've eaten there, it sounded good. The fries were off. Then I bought a new shower mat at Rite Aid and they had Christmas Lights for 50% off, so I got 10 boxes. That will cover 180 ft. Should do the front of our house for next year. Woohoo! Exciting day!

I don't mind doing it for WDW. I am only there on vacation and not part of daily life. I've already micromanaged most of my stay (meals, park strategy, etc) so I don't mind reserving a few of my favorite rides to guarantee going on them once, twice if Fran gives me her FP.

Disneyland as part of daily life? I am counting down! :cloud9:

At DL its a whole different ballgame. I don't plan my visits 30-60 days in advance unless it's to meet someone on a trip, and then it's likely we don't need FP. All the good rides will likely be FP+'d out before I've made my decision to head out to the park. That will make my ability to pick a FP ride or two impossible. I like my perks they way they are, now how are the perks going change with the new system? FP have to be available to get one, if the rides are all FP+'sd out, then I'm SOL, unless they come up with some wonderful benefit. I'm not convinced of that since any of the "benefits" we've received in the last year have been less than actual "benefits".

I hear ya! I do plan that far out and then some but still don't feel the need to totally micromanage at Disneyland. I am glad we have APs this year and not next, though we may end up with them from here on out when Gabby moves this August! :faint:

What are the benefits?​

Still looking for the wallet, but we did leave the house. We picked up the rent checks! :rotfl2: Went to McDonald's. :lmao: It had actually been so long since I've eaten there, it sounded good. The fries were off. Then I bought a new shower mat at Rite Aid and they had Christmas Lights for 50% off, so I got 10 boxes. That will cover 180 ft. Should do the front of our house for next year. Woohoo! Exciting day!

I woke up this morning thinking McDonald's fries sound soon good; I hate when they are subpar. :headache: Its such a let down.

You should do the front with lights. :thumbsup2 We'll be out early December, Michael can help you string them easy peasy. Your roofline isn't nearly as intense as ours. I think we're going to try to take them down this week. We have two 50* days coming up. :rotfl2:

Disneyland as part of daily life? I am counting down! :cloud9:

It's a whole different ball game when you only live half an hour away, and you wake up with the feeling that going out there for just an hour or two is possible nearly every day.

I hear ya! I do plan that far out and then some but still don't feel the need to totally micromanage at Disneyland. I am glad we have APs this year and not next, though we may end up with them from here on out when Gabby moves this August! :faint:

What are the benefits?​

What school is Gabby going to? I don't think you've ever said.

I'll email you....

I woke up this morning thinking McDonald's fries sound soon good; I hate when they are subpar. :headache: Its such a let down.​

Did you know that you can order at the drive through and say, "an order of blank-size fried, and please make them hot." Sometimes they will make you wait in that "special parking space", but when we've asked for them to be hot, they have always done it. The receipt usually says, "Ask me" under the fries, so that the person filling the order talks to the person taking the order and figures out what it is you want.

You should do the front with lights. :thumbsup2 We'll be out early December, Michael can help you string them easy peasy. Your roofline isn't nearly as intense as ours. I think we're going to try to take them down this week. We have two 50* days coming up. :rotfl2:

Heck there are places on my room where I can reach the roofline without a ladder. There are already nails until the eaves to hand the lights on. That's why I figured it would be easy to do. I have 180ft of lights, so that should be enough.

I took all my decorations down on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter