You can still book II exchanges through 12/31/08

Horace Horsecollar

DIS Veteran
I just spoke with the World Passport Collection desk at DVC Member Services.

You can still book Interval International (II) exchanges:
  • The exchange must be available in current II inventory for instant confirmation.
  • There are many weeks currently available at many resorts on the II-based World Passport Collection list, including Marriott and Westin resorts.
  • II "Short Stays" are available for online "self-service" booking through the DVC Member website.
  • You can no longer put in an ongoing search for something that is not currently available in II inventory, but existing searches will be honored.
  • You will no longer be able to make new II exchanges after 12/31/08.

In other words, it's still possible for a DVC member to trade into a high-quality II resort, but only until the end of this month.

The II-DVC World Passport Collection directory is at http://disney.intervalworld.com/

I'm sure there will be high quality resorts on the RCI-based World Passport Collection next year. However, it will no longer be possible to trade into properties like Marriott's Newport Coast Villas (on the coast near Disneyland), Marriott's Grand Chateau in Las Vegas, and a bunch of other excellent resorts that are only affiliated with II.

I wish someone would. I have my 2 bedroom unit at Hanalei Bay up for a trade at Disney for next year. I guess I will need to figure out where else I'd like to visit. Disney was a no brainer as I figured I could save some points and maybe bank for a Grand Villa in 2011. Oh well - I'll just wait and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter