You can take the girl out of Disney, BUT………

We are a wild bunch. Yesterday we had BIL's wedding at a metropark. As we were driving into the park, Skip said something about remembering bringing a dog here to walk once. Claire wanted to know all about it. I told her that was back when Paige and Michael were little and I was dating Dad....then I added...back when Dad was trying to woe me and would actually go out and do stuff with us. ::yes::

LOL! I guess the chase is over, huh?

I believe they are both running now. I think Dumbo was completely shut down for a few weeks and then they got the new one running first. I do think the views wil lbe nice once they get all the FL explansion done.

Last I heard they were both running but they were taking the first one back down. The Dumbo legs have been scraping on the concrete and they have to enlarge the moat underneath. Poor Dumbo! I hope they're both up and looking pretty for all of our fall trips!

I do have a good burping skill. :lmao: Actually I don't...but Paige...my oh my...that girl can copmpete with a truck driver. I'm so proud! :blush:

LOL! I thought since all the boys were asleep at our house I was safe from the bodily noises. But then I had to read Jen's update! :rotfl:

I can't believe you haven't ridden Splash yet? you must do it this year. The ride inside is really neat...and you can avoid getting pretty wet by ducking totally down when you down the hill. Your back might get some, but I usually fair pretty well. You never see me in the pictures because I am down so far. :rotfl:

Splash is awesome. Anyone who hasn't tried it has missed a real treat. That big drop is really such a small part of the ride. We did it to death last December and I can't wait to ride it again!

I know that COP sometimes only runs seasonally. I do think I have been there a time or 2 when it was shut down.

Maybe that's why I've never done it! I'll have to check this time.

I amazed by some of the girls on the parenting forum I am on. They get hese mega huge gifts for each holiday (b-days, anniversaries, Valentines day) and I think ....wow, I never get anything like that, nor have real life friends who get that stuff. :confused3

You and me both!

Great updates You do an awesome job of taking candid photos all along the way. It's almost like we're right along with you in the park. :)

I know we share the same feelings about Pecos Bill - love the burgers! :thumbsup2

You got some great shots of Splash mountain. Some views I haven't even thought of. :thumbsup2

I've seen the tiki birds once and that was enough. thank you! :rotfl:

Great updates You do an awesome job of taking candid photos all along the way. It's almost like we're right along with you in the park. :)

I do have a bit of a obsession taking photos. Sometime when I have an open space of time with no photos...I panic and think...why didn't I take any there? :blush:
I often complain about editing, but once they are done I am so happy I did and took the time to do it...and a TR. It keeps those memories alive. I had actually debated not doing one for this at first...and thought..there is no way I am editing all those pictures and not sharing them with anyone.

If it takes me awhile....thats ok.

I didn't know that about Dumbo. I have to admit that I haven't been keeping up with as much as I should lately on Dis. my goal was to get caught up with subscribed threads then I could allow myself to look at other stuff.

Did Tiki room once , and only once:rotfl2:

I know that feeling. But I am wondering if Claire sees it in Nov if she will ask to go again. Maybe I can have her look the other way...at the dole whip floats. That update will be coming up next...but lets just say she LOVES those.

I know we share the same feelings about Pecos Bill - love the burgers! :thumbsup2

You got some great shots of Splash mountain. Some views I haven't even thought of. :thumbsup2

I've seen the tiki birds once and that was enough. thank you! :rotfl:

I was really impressed with that burger. If I wasn't so full it was one of those things where you think....boy another one would taste good too! :rotfl2:
I think I had so much spare time to wait at Splash that I just shot about anything in the area.

Pecos Bill's food is to yummy. Someone needs to ship me over one of those burgers along with a few disney cupcakes! :goodvibes

Oh… I loved the Tiki Room! I was really sad about missing it last trip! :duck: Everyone has their thing!

SO funny how two people can think something was the biggest waste and someone else thinks it was amazing. I had this conversation with a friend about the movie Magic Mike, I want my $9 and 2 hours of my life back, she thought it was the greatest movie ever lol. I have never done the Tiki Room and based on this review my apprehensions about it seem just. Don't think I will be checking it out any time soon.

The Tiki Room is like IASW for us, something to get out of the heat for awhile!:lmao: I will say we did use it to scare the crap out of our youngest son. He was about 5 when we went to WDW. He was afraid of thunderstorms at that time, so we took him to see the Tiki Birds. Needless to say he did not like it at all! Do you hink we were bad parents?!::yes::

Great updates, Jen!
Count me in on the ones who think if you have seen the Tiki birds once, that's more than enough. We did it once at DL and once at WDW, and I cannot be tempted to go back. :rotfl2:

Pecos Bill is a :thumbsup2 instead! Burgers are yummy!!! :goodvibes

Pecos Bill's food is to yummy. Someone needs to ship me over one of those burgers along with a few disney cupcakes! :goodvibes

I could go for a shipment too.

Oh… I loved the Tiki Room! I was really sad about missing it last trip! :duck: Everyone has their thing!

It has to be popular with someone or lse they wouldn't have spent all that money to refurb it. I do think it is a hit with many kids as well.

SO funny how two people can think something was the biggest waste and someone else thinks it was amazing. I had this conversation with a friend about the movie Magic Mike, I want my $9 and 2 hours of my life back, she thought it was the greatest movie ever lol. I have never done the Tiki Room and based on this review my apprehensions about it seem just. Don't think I will be checking it out any time soon.

Thats too funny. I know Skip and I often have different views on Moives too.

2 things are worse Prince Caspian and the Norway Movie !!!:rotfl2:

I have never done the Norway movie...never want to. ;)
I did the Prince Caspian thing though. The best part was the meet and greet. Everything els was....not so good. :rotfl:
I did hear they are making some sort of Jack Sparrow adventure there. I have yet to hear much about it or when it will open. I hear fall at one time, but so far nothing else.

The Tiki Room is like IASW for us, something to get out of the heat for awhile!:lmao: I will say we did use it to scare the crap out of our youngest son. He was about 5 when we went to WDW. He was afraid of thunderstorms at that time, so we took him to see the Tiki Birds. Needless to say he did not like it at all! Do you hink we were bad parents?!::yes::

You are terrible!!! :joker: I wil lagree if you are hot, it's a decent place to sit for a bit.

Great updates, Jen!
Count me in on the ones who think if you have seen the Tiki birds once, that's more than enough. We did it once at DL and once at WDW, and I cannot be tempted to go back. :rotfl2:

Pecos Bill is a :thumbsup2 instead! Burgers are yummy!!! :goodvibes

Yep...it's just not something that I find needing to go back to real soon. :)

I was happoly surprised at the food there.

I love your pictures from Splash. I totally get what you mean about taking pictures when you have a little time to kill. I entered the digital camera age kicking and screaming, but boy, I can't imagine life with film now! Just being able to snap pictures at will. When you are nervous. Or bored. Or just because!

Last saw the Tiki Birds in 2004-don't think my boys are in any rush to return, and there is so else to do...

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your meals at Pecos Bill. I felt your pain when you had to skip Columbia Harbor House, but Pecos Bill is a nice substitution. Like you said, biggest problem there is seating. It is always SO crowded!

I love your pictures from Splash. I totally get what you mean about taking pictures when you have a little time to kill. I entered the digital camera age kicking and screaming, but boy, I can't imagine life with film now! Just being able to snap pictures at will. When you are nervous. Or bored. Or just because!

Last saw the Tiki Birds in 2004-don't think my boys are in any rush to return, and there is so else to do...

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your meals at Pecos Bill. I felt your pain when you had to skip Columbia Harbor House, but Pecos Bill is a nice substitution. Like you said, biggest problem there is seating. It is always SO crowded!

Yes..I love digital....It's so hard to think back to the limited film days. I can remember going on trips and taking 3 rolls of film for the whole trip and really being careful on what i chose to shoot. And then they were crappy half the time anyways.

I knew you would feel my CH pain. I really wanted to go there, but it wasn't worth it to hear others gripe, so I decided something new wouldn't hurt.

You know that we are Pecos Bill's fans all the way! The toppings bar has a little bit of everything! I forgot to look...did you get the cheese sauce for dipping your fries in? Yummy!

Aww, I'm sorry that you didn't care for the new/old version of the Tiki birds. While it's not on the top of our must-see list, we do pop in if a show is about to start.

Love Pecos Bill! John says it's a must do once a trip. I do like the toppings too.

I do not think I've ever read a TR that has been Tiki Room positive. If it's totally dull, I'm just fine skipping it.

I too love that you take pictures along the way, I like the feeling that I'm walking along there. I need some Happy Place lately.

We are so skipping Tiki this time around!

LOL...Yeah...it's not one you need to catch everytime. :rotfl2:

You know that we are Pecos Bill's fans all the way! The toppings bar has a little bit of everything! I forgot to look...did you get the cheese sauce for dipping your fries in? Yummy!

Aww, I'm sorry that you didn't care for the new/old version of the Tiki birds. While it's not on the top of our must-see list, we do pop in if a show is about to start.

I totally kept thinking of you the whole time I was in there. I know you guys love this place...and I only new that the salad bowl would come out empty because of you too. Skip was so in love with the topping bar. There was a guy grilling onions and Skip was having a conversation with him too.
I did not get cheese for my fries...but thats not my thing. I'm a little weird. I like to dip my fries in a mayo/ketchup mix.

Love Pecos Bill! John says it's a must do once a trip. I do like the toppings too.

I do not think I've ever read a TR that has been Tiki Room positive. If it's totally dull, I'm just fine skipping it.

I too love that you take pictures along the way, I like the feeling that I'm walking along there. I need some Happy Place lately.

We were very happy with it....and the extra toppings really made my burger good.
I can remember planning my trips to WDW for Michael and Paige...oooh so many years ago...and reading birmbaums books. (before I had a computer even) and even back then the tikki room was not very highly recommended.

I like that I do take pictues along my walks...so I can remember where I went. :thumbsup2

Loving all the pictures!

I really love CoP I love all the animatronics and the old scenes. We like to do it once every trip but River asked for it twice this time so I was all for it. We got stuck on it once this time and had to do the same room twice and I did take a picture the 2nd time we had to watch it but I didn't feel bad about that. Everyone was groaning they had to sit through it again.

I like the new old Tiki Room better than the new Tiki Room I like it mostly because its an original attraction. River did it the first time he went to WDW so now we have to do it every time but once a trip is enough. It always makes my neck hurt having to look up at the ceiling the whole time.

Loving all the pictures!

I really love CoP I love all the animatronics and the old scenes. We like to do it once every trip but River asked for it twice this time so I was all for it. We got stuck on it once this time and had to do the same room twice and I did take a picture the 2nd time we had to watch it but I didn't feel bad about that. Everyone was groaning they had to sit through it again.

I like the new old Tiki Room better than the new Tiki Room I like it mostly because its an original attraction. River did it the first time he went to WDW so now we have to do it every time but once a trip is enough. It always makes my neck hurt having to look up at the ceiling the whole time.

I can see Claire liking COP. And I know she likes the Tiki room. I, myself won't be rushing back to either. :rotfl:

I love Pecos Bill's, too!
Never have went to the Tiki Room.

It was such good food. I was happy we tried it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter