You can't get there from here...

MamaJessie

DIS Veteran
What is in walking distance to what? I tried searching to avoid being redundant in case this is one of those topics that comes up every few months, but I was just trying to find out if there is a website or thread that lays out what is in walking distance to what.
Thanks!

:) Is there somewhere specific? For instance you cannot walk to any of the parks from All Stars resorts, it is just to far. It is easy to get back and forth from MK and Epcot with the monorail, but you have to walk to the gate which is about 2/10s of a mile maybe...I would be happy to help you in anyway I can.

:) WDW is about the size of Manhattan and there are so many locations...are you staying on or off property?

What is in walking distance to what? I tried searching to avoid being redundant in case this is one of those topics that comes up every few months, but I was just trying to find out if there is a website or thread that lays out what is in walking distance to what.
Thanks!

I'd ask again, and state what you really are trying to do.

Thanks!
There are not too many locations that are within a safe walking distance of each other. But here are few. You can walk from bay lake towers to the contemporary resort. You can walk from either of those resorts to the magic kingdom. You can walk from the polynesian to the ticket and transportation center. You can walk from the beach club to the yacht club. And from both of those resorts to the international gateway at epcot or to disney hollywood studios. You can also walk from those resorts to the swan or the dolphin or the boardwalk resort. And you can also walk from those resorts to disney hollywood studios or to the international gateway at epcot. You can walk from saratoga springs to downtown disney. You can walk between port orleans riverside and port orleans french quarter. You can walk between any of the all star resorts. You could walk from coronado springs to blizzard beach but it isnt recommended since there are no crosswalks or sidewalks.

Does the monorail connect to all 4 parks then? And is this the best way of getting around if you want to do one park in the morning and one in the afternoon?

Does the monorail connect to all 4 parks then? And is this the best way of getting around if you want to do one park in the morning and one in the afternoon?

No, the monorail only directly serves the MK and EPCOT. But there is alternate sources of transportation between the parks such as buses, boats, taxi or car.

One example would be you can travel between EPCOT and DHS by boat or you can walk, albeit about a 1-1/4 mile walk.
AK can be accessed by public transportation such as buses or taxi, or your own personal transportation.

The best way to get around is what works best for you based on your schedule.
Keep in mind that traveling between resorts can be more of a problem and can often require going to and intermediate location to get to your final destination, and can be time consuming.

To the OP, if you could give some examples of where you want to walk from and to, it would be easier to give you a specific answer, or if walking is even an option.

There are not too many locations that are within a safe walking distance of each other. But here are few. You can walk from bay lake towers to the contemporary resort. You can walk from either of those resorts to the magic kingdom. You can walk from the polynesian to the ticket and transportation center. You can walk from the beach club to the yacht club. And from both of those resorts to the international gateway at epcot or to disney hollywood studios. You can also walk from those resorts to the swan or the dolphin or the boardwalk resort. And you can also walk from those resorts to disney hollywood studios or to the international gateway at epcot. You can walk from saratoga springs to downtown disney. You can walk between port orleans riverside and port orleans french quarter. You can walk between any of the all star resorts. You could walk from coronado springs to blizzard beach but it isnt recommended since there are no crosswalks or sidewalks.

:worship: Thank you so much. I don't have any specific plans per se but there are different restaurants I think of trying and different resorts I would like to check out and this is SOO helpful, to keep as a helpful guide.

The only resort within walking distance from DTD is Saratoga Springs which is a DVC resort, it does have a quick service restaurant and an excellent table service restaurant at the Turf Club. As a reference the walk from Rainforest Cafe to the Turf Club is approx 3/4 mile.

I suppose technically and if you are adventuress you could walk from DTD to OKW via the golf course, it may not technically be allowed but I see people walking around the golf course all the time. From SSR lobby to OKW lobby approx 1 mile walk. But a boat would be a far better option.

DTD is a good hub for getting to the various resorts via bus and/or boat, it also has many fine restaurants of its own.

There are wide safe sidewalks complete with crosswalks for the walk all the way from the All Stars past McDonald's, Blizzard Beach and on to Coronado Springs.

Liz

From the Contemporary (including Bay Lake Towers) you can walk to the Magic Kingdom.

From the Crescent Lake Resorts (Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club) you can walk to the Epcot International Gateway and also to the Disney Hollywood Studios.

From Saratoga Springs you can walk to Downtown Disney.

From the Polynesian you can walk to the Transportation and Ticket Center.

And that is it.
All the roads to/from all the other Resorts and to/from the Parks do not have sidewalks and generall have either 45 or 50 MPH speed limits.

(And a minor correction to the person who said WDW is the size of Manhattan; it is twice the size of Manhattan (or about the same size as San Francisco).)

You can walk from Poly to GF

You can walk from Poly or GF to SOG

You can walk from WL to FW

You can walk from the EPCOT resorts to Fantasia Gardens mini golf

you can walk from AS resorts and CSR to Winter/Summerland mini golf

To name a few more

You can walk from Poly to GF
You can walk from Poly or GF to SOG
You can walk from WL to FW

Yes to the above.

You can walk from the EPCOT resorts to Fantasia Gardens mini golf

Not from Caribbean Beach, which is considered an Epcot Resort

you can walk from AS resorts and CSR to Winter/Summerland mini golf

There are no sidewalks! And Buena Vista Drive has a 45MPH speed limit.

To name a few more
See embedded comments

winter.JPG

CSR.JPG

CSR1.JPG

blizzard.JPG

photo 1 is the sidewalk entrance to Winter/Summerland
photo 2 is crosswalk at entrance to CSR, notice sidewalk on east side of Buena Vista Dr.
photo 3 is traffic light and crosswalk at entrance to CSR
photo 4 is the speed limit on Buena Vista Dr at BB

You're right about CBR being an Epcot Area Resort, I never thought of it as one.

See embedded comments

>>you can walk from AS resorts and CSR to Winter/Summerland mini golf

There are no sidewalks! And Buena Vista Drive has a 45MPH speed limit.

To name a few more<<

You need to drive over there and check it out for yourself -- don't you work over at BB sometimes (or perhaps I am confusing you with someone else)? It is a totally safe and allowed by Disney walkway, jogging path, etc. There are always a few people on the walkways there. True the speed is 45 but the sidewalks are wide and are set in from the street.

The pictures above show it.

Liz

True the speed is 45 but the sidewalks are wide and are set in from the street.

The pictures above show it.

Liz

Liz,
The reason I posted the last picture if you look closely there is a speed limit sign in it and it says 40 mph in case you didn't notice it.
I could have zoomed in a little closer to it, but I wanted the BB sign in it so there was no doubt as to where it was located.
While it really doesn't matter about the speed limit, the main issue was whether there were sidewalks or not, I just wanted to set the record straight.

Thanks for chiming in though.

Liz,
The reason I posted the last picture if you look closely there is a speed limit sign in it and it says 40 mph in case you didn't notice it.
I could have zoomed in a little closer to it, but I wanted the BB sign in it so there was no doubt as to where it was located.
While it really doesn't matter about the speed limit, the main issue was whether there were sidewalks or not, I just wanted to set the record straight.

Thanks for chiming in though.

I did see it but thought perhaps the speed limit wasw 45 on parts of that drive so allowed for the benefit of the doubt though. Great pics though because this question often comes up and most don't think there is a sidewalk along there.

Liz

Just keep in mind though, that free Disney transportation will get you to and from any Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter