You got me hooked, now help me with discounts...please!!!

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
I blame my new love for Universal on all of you and your insistance on staying on-site. Now that I've done it, I can't go back - I WON'T!!!

So, how do I get these rates down a little bit?

I blame my new love for Universal on all of you and your insistance on staying on-site. Now that I've done it, I can't go back - I WON'T!!!

So, how do I get these rates down a little bit?

1. Stay away during the summer months and holidays if possible. Those are when the hotels will be most expensive because of high occupancy rate. Best times to go are in September except Labor Day Weekend, in November except Thanksgiving weekend, in December except Christmas week, and almost all of January and February.

2. Join AAA and/or purchase 1 Annual Pass (excluding the Power Pass). I've gotten incredible rates with the Annual Pass and good rates with my AAA membership.

3. Check the rates for all three Universal hotels. The RPR is usually a few dollars cheaper per night than the HRH, which in turn is usually a few dollars cheaper than the PBH. However, this isn't always the case, so its best to check the rates at all three hotels.

4. Keep a look out on special deals Universal may release. Currently, Universal has a Super Saver Rate. I'm actually booked at this rate for my stay in the middle of May.

5. Be vigilant. Most of these discounted rates have limited availability. Once the occupancy quota for a rate is reached, that rate won't be available unless the quota drops back below the limit, due to cancellations.

And you don't have to have the AP or AAA to actually book your rate.

If you find a good APH or AAA rate, book it and then purchase your annual pass or AAA membership. Just make sure you have proof at check-in.

They don't often check, but I have been asked to show proof of AP.

And you don't have to have the AP or AAA to actually book your rate.

If you find a good APH or AAA rate, book it and then purchase your annual pass or AAA membership. Just make sure you have proof at check-in.

They don't often check, but I have been asked to show proof of AP.

::yes::

Furthermore, after purchase of the annual pass or AAA membership, that card can be used for discounts on dining and souveniers at both parks and Citywalk.

The prices seem to have gone up a lot over the last few years, I used to be able to get RPR fior under $150 in September. Does anyone think the price will fall below the current $182 deal?

Glad to see you've enjoyed yourself!!!

If you're now hooked, it's worthwhile to get an annual pass. We get the middle one, the Preferred Pass. Keep your eye out for a Buy One Year, Get Second Year Free offer. These boards are buzzing when that happens. So $189 for two years of unlimited use and LOTS of discounts at Uni and its hotels.

Another BEAUTIFUL thing about being an APH (for now, anyway) is renewal of the Preferred Pass is $99 per year.

It pays for itself so quickly. We went twice last year, first weekend of May (during the Epcot Flower Festival) and the week of 9/19 and got a base rate of $129 each time at HRH. Now, the weekend was around $20 more a night, and one trip, we added a third adult, and they got us for another $15 per night, but, still, way better than $400 per night.

You talk about the food and how good it is everywhere at Uni. That AP gets you discounts at just about everywhere to eat, as well as merchandise -- and not just at one or two stores. All but a few of the carts offer a discount of some sort.

Figure you won't have to pay for parking, too, with a Preferred AP. Nice on those trips you think you're gonna dedicate to WDW but you just can't stay away and forgo a Disney day to play at Islands or hang with Shrek :)

Even at the $189 price (I'm not using the renewal price), it's paid for itself on a three-day trip with good discounts at the hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter