You gotta read this!!!!

I don't get the joke, am I missing something?

Ditto. I see the dates are 1-05. Are these supposed to be recent? I did notice the seller's credo: DVC owners unite.
Not happy about the transfer policy, perhaps?:confused3

I've looked at it 4 times and I don't get it.:confused3

The only thing I find odd is someone looked up a 2 year old closed thread with only 1 response. Why was it closed:scratchin

Well it wasn't closed when I posted it last night. How do you not get the joke. Someone asked for points in JANURARY 2005 and a person responsed in Jan 2005. Then Yesterday MARCH 2007 the OP says I will take your points. How do you not get it?

EDIT: Well I just looked at the thread and now mine and the other persons posts are gone. Sorry everyone. I was REALLY funny.

I think, but I don't know, that the OP of this thread thought that it was highly unlikely that there would be any rooms available in July at 5 and 1/2 months out.

I have no thoughts about looking up two year old threads. :confused3

Since the thread referenced in the link has been closed by the Rent/Trade mods, it really is moot, now. Move along in an orderly fashion, nothin' to see here. ;)

Well it wasn't closed when I posted it last night. How do you not get the joke. Someone asked for points in JANURARY 2005 and a person responsed in Jan 2005. Then in MARCH 2007 the OP says I will take your points. How do you not get it?

EDIT: Well I just looked at the thread and now mine and the other persons posts are gone.
Because if you click on the link, it just shows two posts both from 2005 - not the 2007 follow-up post that you must've seen...

When I look at the link, both the OP and the response are dated 1-24-05.

Pennyguy, have you been drinking?

Pennyguy is right -- if you saw it last night (before the recent replies were removed) it was really funny! The original post was made in Jan 2005 asking for a reservation at BWV and a response was posted the following day offering a reservation at BCV. What you can no longer see is this: The OP responds 26 months later basically saying "OK, I'll take those points". Then the DVC owner responded with something like "Are you kidding me? Do you think I've been sitting here holding on to these points for 26 months hoping to hear back from you?" :rotfl:

Someone resurrected a very old rent/trade board thread created 2 years ago, and before the current Rent/Trade board posting requirements were implemented.

The thread developed new responses, obviously people not looking at the date of the original posting.

The original thread was created before we had automataic locking applied to the boards on rent/trade. That's how it could be resurrected.

The new posts in that thread were removed, so those looking at the link now only see the original 2005 posts. Also, by removing the new posts, which had effectively 'bumped' the thread on the rent/trade board, the thread goes back to the original posting dates, and thus disappears from page one of the Rent/Trade forum.

Hopefully that answers everybody's curosity.

Pennyguy is right -- if you saw it last night (before the recent replies were removed) it was really funny! The original post was made in Jan 2005 asking for a reservation at BWV and a response was posted the following day offering a reservation at BCV. What you can no longer see is this: The OP responds 26 months later basically saying "OK, I'll take those points". Then the DVC owner responded with something like "Are you kidding me? Do you think I've been sitting here holding on to these points for 26 months hoping to hear back from you?" :rotfl:

OK, Thank You lisa, Aleast someone saw. It was pretty funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter