You guys are gonna laugh (esp you Queenie)

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
Okay so I am publicly outing myself on this because it's only fair that Queenie gets to say "I told you so" for all to see after a comment I made to her last week about her being a resort snob (even though it was totally in jest :lmao:).

So yesterday we were officially at 40 days out. And for some reason I kept thinking about Kyl's thread about changing resorts and Aussietravellers one too about adding another resort to her split stay. Then I started reading some Trip Reports about split stays.

And then I started thinking about my husband and his tastes for the "finer" things in life (I can thank his mum for that).

Then I started thinking about POP. Thinking why did I book POP, is DH going to like it, is it a bit too value for him. I think it will be great and fun, and I love it's location and the theming. Hmmmm but would DH like it for 11 days???

Then I remembered why I originally booked POP, it was because I was trying to convince DH that this would be a "budget" trip :rotfl2:. Of course we all know once he agreed I should've just thrown the budget idea out the window. It was purely to hook him and reel him in :lmao:.

So then I started thinking about "what if he never agrees to go back to WDW?" I know it's highly unlikely but what if? I would be sooooo sad to never stay at Wilderness Lodge. I love everything about the look of this place. I don't know why but of all of the Deluxes, it's the one that appeals to me the most. I would esp love to see it at Christmastime but that's a whole other conversation.

So I mulled it over some more and thought I would mention it to DH. I mentioned it, explained how split stays work, said it would be like kind of having 2 holidays in one, that it would only really be a hassle for me because I do the packing and unpacking but.......it would cost more.

I don't know why I was worried because my DH doesn't give a hoot about money as a rule. As I said he is the "champagne" tastes on my "beer" budget :rotfl2:.

So I emailed my US travel agent (nervously because I had already paid for all of my plans etc) and threw the idea out there. I laid the blame firmly in DH's lap :lmao: saying that he was nervous about POP. Which of course wasn't the case but I can assure you, my DH probably would've started to complain about halfway through the 11 days about POP.

Woke up this morning to an email with pricing and info on 6 days at Wilderness Lodge or alternately 6 days at AKL with the remaining 5 days being at POP.

The additional amount was as you can imagine :eek::eek::eek:.

The only options were CL level at Wilderness Lodge or Savannah view at AKL. Now my kids would have loved that Savannah view which was the slightly cheaper option but I sooooo wanted to stay at WL.

So I asked DH what he thought. He said, go with the one I wanted since I was the one planning and extra excited about it. I mentioned the additional amount we were going to have to pay, obviously a slightly "discounted" amount than the reality of what it was :rolleyes1 and he said, yep book it.

So now we are staying concierge level at Wilderness Lodge for 6 days and then moving to POP for the final 5 days. During the POP days we will be at Universal all day and into the evening and one other day we are at Waterparks and then outlet shopping so thought it was best to do POP at the end.

So there you have it. It's a crazy amount extra to pay but I think once the whole trip was all paid for and all of the planning was done, I may have just gotten bored or something and needed to complicate things some more. The only bummer was I hoped the deluxe would come with the deluxe dining plan but no such luck :rotfl:. I think I just wanted to make some more ADR's LOL.

And all of this and I didn't need to ply him with wine or make any promises. I tell ya, my persuasiveness is getting more powerful by the day :lmao:. If only I would use my powers for good, instead of evil :laughing:.

OMG!!! I am SOOOOOO excited for you! :yay::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Oh that is just so exciting. You are staying at your dream resort AND CL too!

I am all over the place with my resort. AKL savannah view is all locked in and paid. But I am really not content with std view at BC. The resort is full for our dates though, so it's unlikely that we will be able to upgrade. Also YC is full too although we could do 4 night at BC std view then move to YC to a water view or Poly lagoon view CL. I wish I was just satisfied with what I had booked :lmao: I really want BC and just wish there was a waterview available and I wouldn't be torturing myself with my indecision and my obsession with planning :lmao:

Now on the Queenie subject. I have noticed that she has not been around for days and I have to say, I am kind of missing her , it's just not the same without Queenie on the Aussie board. Where are you Queenie? :confused3

Back to the topic. That is so great Ms.Shuttergirl :cool1:

I was wondering where she was too LOL. Who am I supposed to argue with, it's far too quiet when she isn't here.

If you don't mind packing up then I think 4 days at each place would be fun :lmao:.

CL level for WL is a bit more than we needed but there wasn't a standard room available. I would've been happy with that.

I hope I don't regret not going with the Savannah room at AKL. We are going there for breakfast one morning though so I shall get a quick look around the resort.

Actually I had booked a few of my ADR's specifically so I could check out some resorts.

Hey Ms.Shuttergirl, you sound sooooooo much like me. After returning last year from disneyland I really wanted to go to disneyworld DH did to but we were thinking you know sometime in the "future". Well of course with that I got onto the WDW website, oh look honey they have "value" resorts here and they only cost x amount to stay and then when free dining came out he was sold. So after thinking for a while I started to worry about little things with POP like the fridge and the cost of that then adding the upgrade to dining etc etc. The main thing I was thinking about was how will I do this with my mother in law in such tiny rooms!!!!!! Then I got onto the WDW website again couldn't get into CSR online but could over the phone? I then called DH at work and said "guess what honey". Ummmmmm needless to say I was not popular, but then I ended up picking up some extra shifts and worked over 22hrs that wkend so he was a lot more accepting after I did that. But to cut a long story short thats why we to are going to WDW because I told him how cheap the accomodation was.....when we went to disneyland last year we stayed in the grand californian resort so it was really expensive. I was like oh babe disneyworld is heaps cheaper...,...

I was wondering where she was too LOL. Who am I supposed to argue with, it's far too quiet when she isn't here.
I know, it is far too quiet, it just doesn't feel right :rotfl:

If you don't mind packing up then I think 4 days at each place would be fun :lmao:. We would have 8 days at AKL, 4 days at BC then 10 days at maybe YC (currently booked 8 days AKL and 14 days BC) I got an email from my TA this morning with different options "if" any discounts come out. If they don't we will just stick with what we already have I think :confused3 decisions decisions :rotfl2:

CL level for WL is a bit more than we needed but there wasn't a standard room available. I would've been happy with that.
CL will be so great! We have done it once and would do it again if that was what was available, but we are not big drinkers, with my peanut/tree nut allergies (which the family has to follow as well as it's so severe) we can't eat much. But you won't have that trouble :thumbsup2 It will lovely being able to pop to the lounge for breakfast or dinner or afternoon tea or before bed snack, it will be fantastic.

I hope I don't regret not going with the Savannah room at AKL. We are going there for breakfast one morning though so I shall get a quick look around the resort.
I don't think you will regret it, WL is your dream resort and you will love it :banana: We have stayed at AKL savannah view before (21 nights straight) and it was amazing! One of us would pop down to Mara and get breakfast or dinner sometimes and we would sit out on the balcony and watch the animals. Mara, Jiko and Boma breakfast are three of our favourite restaurants at WDW so we do LOVE it there.
There is the main viewing area that you will see straight ahead when you walk in the front doors. But if you go down those stairs as if you were going there and then turn right and go down the hall, a little away along you will find another viewing area, that is really just guest's and there are rocking chairs and viewing things, there is also another one further up the hall too, so you can visit both. As it is down the hotel rooms halls, I don't think a lot of visitors would go there as they would just go to the main viewing area straight ahead from the Lobby

Actually I had booked a few of my ADR's specifically so I could check out some resorts.

Great idea :thumbsup2 I love having a sticky beak at other resorts before or after meals.

Congratulations on the change in resort without the need for alcohol or any other fluids :rotfl2:.

I now expect to see a post in about 20 days time where you advise that you are no longer staying at POP for the last 5 days but have booked into the CL at the Boardwalk or BC or CR......popcorn::

Congratulations on the change in resort without the need for alcohol or any other fluids :rotfl2:.

I now expect to see a post in about 20 days time where you advise that you are no longer staying at POP for the last 5 days but have booked into the CL at the Boardwalk or BC or CR......popcorn::

OMGoodness, don't tempt me PrincessinOz. That totally could happen :rotfl2:.

And ummmm ewwww about the other fluids comment. Don't even want to think about what you mean :rotfl::rotfl:.

OMGoodness, don't tempt me PrincessinOz. That totally could happen :rotfl2:.

And ummmm ewwww about the other fluids comment. Don't even want to think about what you mean :rotfl::rotfl:.

Ms Shuttergirl,

Do what I did last time? At the end of our trip we were meant to go back to NY and to be honest I am not a great fan. So after 10 days at WL, DW (Who was desperate to go to NY) mentioned how much she was enjoying WL and wished we could stay longer. Seizing the opportunity I quietly suggested we could stay longer if we cancelled NY. Ten minutes later after a qucik call to TA to change flights and a trip to the lobby to see if we could extend our stay the job was done. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

So after you get to WL and DH falls in love with the place a quiet suggestion about staying may pay you dividends.

PS DW is making sure this time we go to NY first.

Oh no, I wouldn't want to miss New York. We love it there and we are doing it first. I'm sure we will love WL, but I'm still excited to stay at POP also. I kinda like that it will feel a little like 2 holidays.

Plus I've got us booked into many restaurants at other resorts so we can check them out in case I can convince DH to go again.

Personally I wouldn't change resorts. Once we're there we're there and I hate packing once to leave, let alone twice!

But I'm excited for you that you get to stay at Wilderness Lodge!:banana:

Personally I wouldn't change resorts. Once we're there we're there and I hate packing once to leave, let alone twice!

But I'm excited for you that you get to stay at Wilderness Lodge!:banana:

I actually don't mind packing. I never fully unpack anyway so it's not a big job to pack up to move, and I'd do anything if it meant to stay at WL :rotfl2:

How are you going to go from CL Wilderness Lodge to POP, maybe do the other way around. Or maybe say to DH once you are there oh lets just stay here.....he he he

How are you going to go from CL Wilderness Lodge to POP, maybe do the other way around. Or maybe say to DH once you are there oh lets just stay here.....he he he

Kyl, it will be my husband saying lets stay at WL. I will be the one wanting to go to POP.

Although I joke, I am the one who handles the money, my DH is a total spender. He will definitely not want to leave WL :rotfl:

Ms.Shuttergirl your friend queenie has gone missing ????????????????????? Where are you queenie????????????????????????

Ms.Shuttergirl your friend queenie has gone missing ????????????????????? Where are you queenie????????????????????????

I know, it really is strange when she's not around :rotfl2:. She's probably just been busy with work, she'll be back soon I'm sure.

It is strange around here without her :rotfl2:. I am missing her entertaining and sometimes shocking replies :rotfl:

I wonder if she has gone away on a trip. I do hope that she is ok :worried:.

OMG!!! I am SOOOOOO excited for you! :yay::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Oh that is just so exciting. You are staying at your dream resort AND CL too!

I am all over the place with my resort. AKL savannah view is all locked in and paid. But I am really not content with std view at BC. The resort is full for our dates though, so it's unlikely that we will be able to upgrade. Also YC is full too although we could do 4 night at BC std view then move to YC to a water view or Poly lagoon view CL. I wish I was just satisfied with what I had booked :lmao: I really want BC and just wish there was a waterview available and I wouldn't be torturing myself with my indecision and my obsession with planning :lmao:

Now on the Queenie subject. I have noticed that she has not been around for days and I have to say, I am kind of missing her , it's just not the same without Queenie on the Aussie board. Where are you Queenie? :confused3

Back to the topic. That is so great Ms.Shuttergirl :cool1:

If you don't mind packing up then I think 4 days at each place would be fun :lmao:.

I know, it really is strange when she's not around :rotfl2:. She's probably just been busy with work, she'll be back soon I'm sure.

WOW....you guys miss me eh! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I'm not dead....but life chucked one too many curve balls at me and something had to give.

I will take the opportunity to say... I TOLD YOU SO!!!! :lmao::lmao:

And bid you all a good night... :grouphug:

I hope all your trip planning goes well EVERYONE and that you all have wonderful trips...
and when life starts to calm down I will be back..... :upsidedow
And that IS a threat :cool1:

WOW....you guys miss me eh! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

I'm not dead....but life chucked one too many curve balls at me and something had to give.

I will take the opportunity to say... I TOLD YOU SO!!!! :lmao::lmao:

And bid you all a good night... :grouphug:

I hope all your trip planning goes well EVERYONE and that you all have wonderful trips...
and when life starts to calm down I will be back..... :upsidedow
And that IS a threat :cool1:

Hurry back Queenie :goodvibes

I hope the curve balls start going in the other direction and you are back soon :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter