You have always wondered and... NO IT NEVER GETS OLD LIVING 5 MINUTES FROM DISNEY!!! Mom/Daughter TR

Great TR so far!! Looking forward to reading the rest!! I love that resort...only been there for lunch but would love to stay there!

Beach Club is our dream resort. We eat at Cape May Clambake every year, but have never actually stayed there. Looking forward to reading all about it!

Great TR so far!! Looking forward to reading the rest!! I love that resort...only been there for lunch but would love to stay there!

Aww thank you :) The BC really is as nice as it seems. I hope you get to stay there in the future!

Beach Club is our dream resort. We eat at Cape May Clambake every year, but have never actually stayed there. Looking forward to reading all about it!

We love the Cape May buffet! I hope you enjoy hearing about it and get to experience it yourself one day.

I know, right?!
I knew our Dis-friends would fully understand our need to continue vacationing there.
We actually had a little disagreement over who could post it first lol

[

so completely understand. When we finally move to Florida we will be vacationing at Disney too.

Hey all! It should be Caitlin's turn to update but right now that girl is working harder than Cinderella. This week she began at The Boathouse as well as doing her CP at All Stars so she is one busy gal. Since she hasn't found time to update you guys are stuck with another update from me.....

When I left off we had checked into the Beach Club but our room wasn't ready. We were getting hungry so we headed out to the pool and got some lunch at Hurricane Hannah's.

I went with the bacon cheeseburger, which was delish, but it was pretty big and I could only eat about half of it.

Caitlin wanted the lobster roll and she was very happy to hear they had gluten free buns and since they have a dedicated fryer, their fries were gluten free too. I'm pretty sure she joined the clean plate club.

Since we were on the dining plan our meals included dessert. We both chose Mickey bars which is THE BEST ice cream in all of Disney World IMO. When you order ice cream as your dessert they let you save the receipt and bring it back when you're ready. Since we were both stuffed we decided to save that for later. It was now time to hit Stormalong Bay!!

We had packed a "pool bag" in case our room wasn't ready so we headed to the locker room and changed. Then we found a nice spot to soak up the rays. When we got too warm we grabbed a two person floatie and relaxed in the lazy river. Heaven!
This was our view

Not too shabby! We were so relaxed that this was the only picture we took in the 2 hours we were there. One of the nice things about living close enough to Disney is feeling like its ok to relax at the pool or enjoy the resort. When you fly a long distance and have limited time on vacation you are so anxious to hit the parks that you don't always have the time to just breathe and soak it all in.

After about hours we got a text that our room was ready. Before we left the pool we needed to eat our desserts

When we got to our room we couldn't believe our view! We should have played the lottery that day because it certainly was our lucky day!

When we stay at value resorts we always decorate our window. Yes we are those people. So since we had the decorations with us we decided to use them to give our room a St. Paddy's Day makeover.

And once again...that amazing view!

Well our bellies were full, we had gotten our swim on, decorated the room and we had 2 hours to kill until we needed to head to our dinner reservation. Where do you think we headed???

That's all for now...thanks for reading! From our family to yours we wish you a blessed Passover or Easter. I'm sure you can guess where we will be celebrating!

Sounds like a good day...that pool looks lovely. I have never been on the dining plan, but I love the way they let you keep your receipt and get your dessert later. I'm always way too full to take advantage of the great desserts at Disney right after a meal...so that would work out really well.

It should be Caitlin's turn to update but right now that girl is working harder than Cinderella.

I dunno... I just saw that movie on Tuesday... She was working pretty hard....

Since she hasn't found time to update you guys are stuck with another update from me.....

I wouldn't use the word "stuck"... maybe "blessed"?
Yeah, that'll work.

A post from either one of you puts a smile on my face. :)

I went with the bacon cheeseburger, which was delish, but it was pretty big and I could only eat about half of it.

That thing's huge!!

Caitlin wanted the lobster roll

Never had one of those.
It looks good, though!

so we headed to the locker room and changed.

No! Don't change! We love you just the way you are!

This was our view

Nice!

We were so relaxed that this was the only picture we took in the 2 hours we were there.

:laughing: I believe you!
Usually you guys have lots of pictures.
Glad you could just chill for a while.

When you fly a long distance and have limited time on vacation you are so anxious to hit the parks that you don't always have the time to just breathe and soak it all in.

Really? I never knew that. :rolleyes1

When we got to our room we couldn't believe our view! We should have played the lottery that day because it certainly was our lucky day!

Nice again!
You guys really, really lucked out!

When we stay at value resorts we always decorate our window. Yes we are those people.

I know.
I always want to... and then never do.

Where do you think we headed???

Oh, Lord. You guys know all the best spots....
I have no idea.

BOG?

I'm sure you can guess where we will be celebrating!

At home!

No?

Thanks for the update, Dawn! :goodvibes

That lobster roll looks fantastic. I definitely want that. I am going there for lunch this summer. YUM!

Your view was so fantastic. Totally a score.

I know what you mean about just enjoying the resort. I don't live in Florida, but I've been enough that I don't feel compelled to spend all my time in the park. Enjoying the resort is just as important.

Unfortunately, the 3 days Denny and I stayed there in February were coolish and raining (well, expect for our last day and we never went back to the resort), so we never really got to enjoy SAB. That was a bummer. Seriously, one day is was super cool out and another day it rained ALL day. Oh well.

Love the way you decorated your room. I think it would be really fun to be there during Saint Patrick's day. I could totally see that one of these years.

Nice update and :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 to a relaxing day at BCV! Once you've been to the parks often, you start to appreciate the amenities at the resorts and other non-park places instead of going commando all the time...not that there's anything wrong with that!

Following along! I think it's so awesome the whole family moved to FL! I'm originally from Miami and currently live in NJ and I miss it!

Lissette

Oh wow, that is a busy schedule. I had no idea that Caitlin was working both at the same time. But Dawn, " stuck with another update from me....." is not a phrase that should ever be uttered or even considered. :goodvibes

I ate at Hannah's once (largely because Beaches & Cream had too long of a wait) but I ended up loving it!! I had the same thing you did and it was indeed outstanding.

I totally get your "relax and enjoy" mojo. I think this can apply to those who fly in semi-frequently as well. I've found that on my last few trips, I've spent a lot more time just enjoying the moment and slowing down. Like going to meet some wonderful and lovely DISers before doing anything else. :)

I know AoA is wonderful, but I also know it does not have that view. Wow.

Sounds like a good day...that pool looks lovely. I have never been on the dining plan, but I love the way they let you keep your receipt and get your dessert later. I'm always way too full to take advantage of the great desserts at Disney right after a meal...so that would work out really well.

We like the dining plan for convenience and depending on how you use the credits it can be money saving.
I agree it's nice to be able to save dessert for when you're ready.

I dunno... I just saw that movie on Tuesday... She was working pretty hard....

Last week Cait worked 60+ hours so I think Cindy might have some catching up to do.
We saw it too and it was a beautiful movie.

I wouldn't use the word "stuck"... maybe "blessed"?
Yeah, that'll work.

A post from either one of you puts a smile on my face. :)

Aww shucks

That thing's huge!!

I know, right?!

Never had one of those.
It looks good, though!

She enjoyed it!
No! Don't change! We love you just the way you are!

Nice!

:laughing: I believe you!
Usually you guys have lots of pictures.
Glad you could just chill for a while.

thanks

Really? I never knew that. :rolleyes1

We've become boring and predictable I fear.

Nice again!
You guys really, really lucked out!

Twice in one day. What are the odds?

I know.
I always want to... and then never do.

Oh, Lord. You guys know all the best spots....
I have no idea.

BOG?

Oh that would be nice...

At home!

No?

Thanks for the update, Dawn! :goodvibes

That lobster roll looks fantastic. I definitely want that. I am going there for lunch this summer. YUM!

Dale and Cait both like the lobster roll at the BW Bakery too.

Your view was so fantastic. Totally a score.
It really was a wonderful surprise.

I know what you mean about just enjoying the resort. I don't live in Florida, but I've been enough that I don't feel compelled to spend all my time in the park. Enjoying the resort is just as important.

Unfortunately, the 3 days Denny and I stayed there in February were coolish and raining (well, expect for our last day and we never went back to the resort), so we never really got to enjoy SAB. That was a bummer. Seriously, one day is was super cool out and another day it rained ALL day. Oh well.

Love the way you decorated your room. I think it would be really fun to be there during Saint Patrick's day. I could totally see that one of these years.

It is funny how for frequent visitors, whether you live close or not, your trips evolve over the years. It switches from the rush-rush to just relaxing and taking it all in. Or it could mean we are getting old :rotfl: I'm sorry you two didn't get to take advantage of SAB. It is the best! SPOILER ALERT-St. Patricks Day is one HUGE party day at Epcot. Bet you didn't see that coming :rotfl2:

Nice update and :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 to a relaxing day at BCV! Once you've been to the parks often, you start to appreciate the amenities at the resorts and other non-park places instead of going commando all the time...not that there's anything wrong with that!

It was great to just chill and really enjoy the resort.

Following along! I think it's so awesome the whole family moved to FL! I'm originally from Miami and currently live in NJ and I miss it!

Lissette

:welcome: It has been an adjustment but we are all enjoying it.

Oh wow, that is a busy schedule. I had no idea that Caitlin was working both at the same time. But Dawn, " stuck with another update from me....." is not a phrase that should ever be uttered or even considered. :goodvibes

I ate at Hannah's once (largely because Beaches & Cream had too long of a wait) but I ended up loving it!! I had the same thing you did and it was indeed outstanding.

I totally get your "relax and enjoy" mojo. I think this can apply to those who fly in semi-frequently as well. I've found that on my last few trips, I've spent a lot more time just enjoying the moment and slowing down. Like going to meet some wonderful and lovely DISers before doing anything else. :)

I know AoA is wonderful, but I also know it does not have that view. Wow.

The Boathouse offered her FT but she had to start now. (well last week) She couldn't quit the CP or it would prevent her from future employment at Disney so she had to find a way to work them both. I'm glad you enjoyed Hannah's too. As cute as B&C is I think the view at Hannah's is better. I think that when you realize just being in Disney for the atmosphere and people, is enough is when you know it really is "home".

It is funny how for frequent visitors, whether you live close or not, your trips evolve over the years. It switches from the rush-rush to just relaxing and taking it all in. Or it could mean we are getting old :rotfl: I'm sorry you two didn't get to take advantage of SAB. It is the best! SPOILER ALERT-St. Patricks Day is one HUGE party day at Epcot. Bet you didn't see that coming :rotfl2:

We definitely don't rush thru the parks anymore. I do still have a hard time taking a pool break, though. It's ok on a dedicated pool day, but on other days I get antsy and just want to get back! I'm better than I used to be, though. My 16 year old has caught the park 24/7 bug. She called SAB BORING and just wanted to go to the park on our pool day last trip! Definitely my child...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter