You know you are old when?

S.Poppins

<font color=red>Mouseketeer<br><font color=purple>
We went to WDW Nov. 27 - Dec 4. We had 7 days in the parks. Okay, you know you are old when your favorite day is walking around the World Showcase all day! When I was 13, I remember hating it. My grandfather made us go to every country and watch every movie. The kids were miserable. However on this trip, now that I am 34, I loved going to all the countries and shopping and of course trying the food. We ate in Mexico, Canada, China, and France - all good! Plus they have made it more enjoyable for kids. They bought the passport books and made the masks in every country and they loved that. The Candlelight Processional was great and Illuminations is one of the best shows. So, I guess I am just old! :teeth:

Please don't say I'm old...My 1st time back to the World since I was about 16 was in February 2005 and I was about to turn 25 and found that I really enjoyed walking around the countries. My daughter who was turning 3 also really liked it. Maybe we're just weird. :cool1:

I knew I was old (only 31) when my fave part of the day at MGM was sitting on a bench and people watching. I used to hate when my parents (at DL) would want to take a break and sit. I couldn't understand why they wanted to do that when there were rides to wait in line for, shows to see, and characters to hunt down. Now I get it. And one day the sweetpea will too.

I can spend an entire day in World Showcase, too. :goodvibes From the time it opens until closing...even on EMH nights. It's my favorite place at Disney although I really do love the other parks.

hi
you know your old when you can remember visiting boardwalk and baseball park after seeing the only two disney parks and seaworld. not nothing else around except cypress gardens! :rotfl: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I visited Epcot for the first time in 1984 when I was 9 and during the last trip in October, I can remember where all of the old attractions were. I can remember Captain EO with Michael Jackson. I kept envisioning where the old attractions used to be. I did this with Soarin' because Food Rocks used to be there. I miss Food Rocks! It was my favorite. It is just not at WDW where I have been doing this. I constantly find myself remembering things from fifteen years ago, which no longer exist. I grew up in Metro Atlanta and I do this all of the time. Am I the only person who does this?

I don't think I ever saw Food Rocks! I must have gone around 1983 for the first time. I don't remember anything about Epcot except the boring trip around the world and an unappetizing lunch in Germany. We did go back in 1992. I hate that the Wonders of Life pavilion was closed this last time - I loved Body Wars! Carousel of Progress opened on Dec. 1st while we were there. My husband and I loved it (and of course his parents did too), our kids were not so impressed - I'm pretty sure I heard them whisper "lame". But I predict that one day they will take their kids to COP and the Hall of Presidents and tell them how wonderful it is! So, we aren't getting old - we have just learned to appreciate ofter overlooked Disney magic!!

I went last year when I was 21 and I enjoyed the worldshowcases. I was there with my parent s and sister whi is was 14 and we had a blast. We saw the comedy show in England three times. I remembered seeing it the last time I went, but it was a lot funnier now that I understood all the jokes they do. We had lunch in Japan and Morrocco and really enjoyed it. My sister and I would get up early for the magic hour while my parents slept in and then we would meet up when they got to the park. Cell phones are great.

I was 16 and went to MK with my Grandma (FL resident). Only MK was open.
Then went back 20 years later with my DH. Then went back again with my kids. My kids asked me - what changed at MK since I first was there. I started to rattle off a few rides which are now extinct.... boy did I feel ancient :rotfl:

You know you are old when..........you fly out of your seat on BTMRR and that's no longer much fun. I still enjoy the ride, mind you, but it seemed to get a lot more rough during the past 15 years! LOL

My sisters and I are planning our 9th trip to the world (I'm 33) - and I JUST told them "you know you're getting old when you look forward to the Kona coffee at the Polynesian more than the beer in UK!!" :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter