You know you should be flying V Australia when...

heidispidi

Mouseketeer
You hear about the latest Qantas A-380 incident.

I can't tell you how many incidents there have been since we booked with them in March. Scary stuff. I've read they have suspended all A-380 flights until they know what happened with today's engine problem.

I hope no one here is impacted. :confused:

My mum is flying with them on Sunday :scared1: was supposed to be an A-380

Given the crap connections on offer once you hit the US I don't see V Australia as a solution....

United or Delta with the tried and true 747-400s for me thanks

Did you know qauntas is one of the only major airlines to of never lost a plane (ie complete loss of plane and life)

As for virgin
Hmm well let's just say
I know they have definitely loss one (overseas)
Not v Australia
But they are the same company (at least at the top)

Given the crap connections on offer once you hit the US I don't see V Australia as a solution....

United or Delta with the tried and true 747-400s for me thanks

I'm AMAZED you haven't scalded me on my views of United in my new TR :rotfl:

I'm AMAZED you haven't scalded me on my views of United in my new TR :rotfl:

I'd have to read it first :rolleyes1
We had a hell of an experience with United this past trip when we reached our final destination. :sad2: :headache:
They aren't perfect. Although the compensation was very nice thank you very much :thumbsup2
But of most importance the pilots and 747 aircraft have never let us down.
I despise Airbus

I'd have to read it first :rolleyes1
We had a hell of an experience with United this past trip when we reached our final destination. :sad2: :headache:
They aren't perfect. Although the compensation was very nice thank you very much :thumbsup2
But of most importance the pilots and 747 aircraft have never let us down.
I despise Airbus

And your TR is .... where???? popcorn::

In my head :upsidedow

Not much good to the rest of us then.

We need to hear about Chicago! Did you make it to Stamford?

I did....:rolleyes1

USAHolidayOct2010616.jpg

Love your Yellowstone, Badlands and Rushmore pics. :thumbsup2

Notre Dame looks lovely. Did you get your fill of FLW there?

Love your Yellowstone, Badlands and Rushmore pics. :thumbsup2

Notre Dame looks lovely. Did you get your fill of FLW there?
Notre Dame in South Bend Indiana was BEAUTIFUL :cloud9:
Stanford on the other hand...bleh...
I did get my FLW fix very much :thumbsup2
The Chicago Photos folder has 2,154 photos in it. :rolleyes1
Still sorting...
Started with the 'easier' stuff first.

[And anyone not liking the tangent.....She started it......hehehe]

:snooty:

Just trying to entice you to put a TR together for those of us interested in a more recent visit to the Windy City and the midWest. :laughing:

I'm still not a V brand fan. And queenie is right, their scheduling sucks especially if you're headed to WDW. Red eye, and landing in Orlando at the crack of dawn after 24 hours - yuck.

I was in an emergency landing in London on a Virgin Atlantic airbus flight from LA in 1997 that was scary as hell, and the one time I plucked up the courage to venture on a Virgin flight since then I got food poisoning! Not as bad as the Heathrow belly sparks flying landing, but it ruined the first three days of my holiday.

So I just won't fly Virgin - I'm not a frightened flyer usually but just can't bring myself to board any V flights.

Eh, QF's safety record is still one of the best. I wouldn't turn against them just yet.

We flew LAX-MEL on the A380 in July and I don't know what the fuss was about. Unless you're in business or first class I don't think there's anything special about it. In fact it was one of the worst flights I've ever been on as I was sitting in the seat directly in front of the toilet so I had people standing on top of me the entire flight.

I shouldn't have read this thread :laughing:

Actually we are flying with V Australia, chose them over Qantas (they were around the same price) purely for the entertainment options, and the fact that I've only heard good things from friends.

Soooo... we'll see how we go.

I loved the A380, the difference in the noise/cabin pressure, whatever seemed to make the flight more bearable. Although I'm not sure if noise reducing headphones can make a difference, DH swears by them and has just ordered a new set from Bose US. If I have a choice, I pick the A380 although not sure that is the wisest thing to do now :lmao:
Still hopefully it means they'll be extra careful when checking them out, I'm sure Qantas doesn't want a big blot on their reputation.:eek:

We are flying to the US in May with Qantas. Still the best IMO. Also flying with them from Sydney to Melbourne next weekend for Mary Poppins and Hairspray.:banana:

I'm flying over on qantas and back on v (cheapest way as it's school holidays and used my ff for the qantas part). I'm not the best flyer and have already started my 2 month out worrying so everything that's happened with the 3 planes is freaking me out! I know they have a great record etc and this will highlight any cost cutting in the maintenance - hopefully leading to improved servicing - but still...
Also doesn't help that I'm flying over on the A380 and I can't stand that plane! Have never had jet lag before until that flight home last year - for a week I had no idea where I was, what country I was in etc.

I know what you mean - but at the end of the day - all the worrying in the world will not change anything. I used to be afraid of flying too - then a trip that should have taken 21 hours from Syd to NY ended up taking 42 and saw me flying via syd-la-las vegas-philadelphia-la guardia - jfk due to a qantas screw up and woila my fear was cured.
I just think now that the chances are very very slim - much greater chance of being murdered in NSW in fact - and if it is meant to be nothing will change it.
I am sure you will be all right :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter