You might be a DIS-er if........

Some of these are so funny, I had to contribute mine!

YMBAD if you ask your DBF to bring you *his* iPod charge cord so you can charge yours at work and buy the Disney Greatest albums on iTunes the night before you leave!!!!

You might be a DISer if you made an acronym for You Might Be A Diser! (YMBAD!) love it!

You might be a DISer if you talk about the Disunplugged Podcast folks like they are your close friends even though you have never met them. (e.g.: "The other day Pete said. . . or the other day Kevin said that restaurant was not worth our time. . . or Julie is trying to raise money for Ferris' Funky Bunch Walk)

YMBAD if someone you don't know tells you they are on the phone RIGHT now making BBB ressies and you are so excited for those girls!

LOVE IT! Here are some more I thought of....

YMBAD....

....If you see a post asking about a drink on the DIS and subscribe just to watch the fireworks.

.... If you see a post about ECVs/PDA/Gay Days/Resort Mugs/Pool Hopping and click just to see if the fireworks have started yet.

.... If you've ever driven over a crack/bump in the road causing a "clack-clack" sound in your car, and INSTANTLY flash to riding the WEDWay.

.... If you still call it the WEDWay.

.... If you know what the Earful Tower is.

.... If you know/knew about the hidden Mickey at MGM.

.... If you still call it MGM.

.... If you know who the Dreamfinder is. (Bonus points if you still miss him)

.... If you know how to avoid traffic on the road to the hub (pick a park) by cutting thru the stores.

.... If you know that a fact or rumor from a bus driver / Boat captain is likely not true.

.... If you ever feel like saying "Stay out of the damned lakes" to someone.

.... If you've ever made a call to Disney JUST to hear the hold music.

.... If one of the things on your list of things to see at Disney include the window Displays at the emporium. (Bonus points if you ever stopped by the old Ocala Disney stop for the same reason)

.... If you recite the Monorail door closing spiel word for word when riding the monorail.

.... If you know who Jack Wagner is.

.... If you've ever found yourself planning a 2nd Disney trip MONTHS before you have gone on your next one.

.... If you've ever debated getting an AP just so you can justify weekend getaways between your planned trips.

.... You've ever gone to ANOTHER theme/Amusement park with a bunch of People you met from the DIS.

.... If you see a post with a ticket question, and are waiting for Cheshire Figment to show up with the link to the sticky.

.... You see a direction or location question, and are waiting for a Robo Map to show up.

.... If you've ever instinctively grabbed a park map upon entering, but never actually opened it once inside the park.

... If you can recite all 12 monorail colors by heart. (Bonus points if you know which 2 have Deltas. EXTRA bonus points if you know the 2 new "replacement" colors)

.... If you've ever ridden a train and started humming, "We're rolling...we're rolling, On the express....."

If there is a cure, I don't want it!

I have a few of my own. Some are additions from other posters. You are definitely are a Dis'er if:

1. You go to Disney so much, everyone around you thinks not only are you dating Mickey, but Goofy, Donald and all the other male characters.

2. You can't understand why everyone else isn't a Dis'er too!

3. All your ringtones are Disney, and when people hear them they are like, "You are kidding right?"

4. When you are at WDW, you are busy planning your trip to DLR and vice versa.

5. When you are supposed to be somewhere, but you can't drag yourself away from the Disboards and you're late (like today).

6. When you have so many Disney ornaments, you have to go get another tree. Plus, your tree has only Disney ornaments.

7. When you go to Disney (DLR or WDW) so many times a year with your pass, you probably owe Disney money (just kidding).

8. You only want to fly SW, so you can get two (2) bags free to bring more
Disney stuff home. You still ship stuff home.

9. You show your Disney merchandise off like you are showing pictures of your kids.

10. When everyone around you who thought you were crazy has the the Budget Boards bookmarked on their own computers.

11. When just about everything on this thread applies to you.:worship:

Totally put a second tree up in my dining room just to put my disney ornaments on and some still had to go on the regular tree because they didn't fit

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

OK so DH is NOT a Dis-er but could get most of these...And here is one that I found particularly funny...
YMBAD if you interview for a job and the only question the employer asks is "I just need to know is when your going to Disney next." :rotfl2:
(The man doing the interviewing was a long time friend...)

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

love this. YMBAD if you see a thread totally out of place and wonder how long before a moderator spots it and moves it!

LOL!

YMBAD If you see a thread and start the Countdown till the Mod locks it.

YMBAD if you're DH replaces your lost wedding ring with this...

868-1.jpg

and gives it to you in front of the castle, 12 years to the day of our engagement. :love: :love: :love:

You talk about DIS friends in real life conversations like they are you next door neighbor. Just today I found myself telling a story about a friend who was at DHS this week waiting for TSM and ........

YMBAD if...

when a friend asks for some advice for their first visit, not only do they think of you first for advice, but you send them a detailed listing of what rides they should do first, how to use fast pass, where to get info on the best park for what day, a list of all relevant web sites, where to find menus and food prices, onsite resort options for families of five and a list of how they can get groceries...ect.... Along with a PLEASE!!! if I can help you plan I would LOVE to help. :rolleyes1 (and I sooo hope she asks for more help:yay:)

OR...
If you tell your DS that this will be the last trip for a few years and he looks at you like :confused3 and says "What? We go to WDW every year. " In a tone like "What? the sun always rises in the morning?"

Or...
If you are having a discussion with your DH about something completely undisney related (for example is Kindle or Nook better) and your DH says "what do your boards say about that?" And treats the advice as if it is gospel.

Oh my...I am scaring myself :surfweb::scared1:

YMBAD if...

when a friend asks for some advice for their first visit, not only do they think of you first for advice, but you send them a detailed listing of what rides they should do first, how to use fast pass, where to get info on the best park for what day, a list of all relevant web sites, where to find menus and food prices, onsite resort options for families of five and a list of how they can get groceries...ect.... Along with a PLEASE!!! if I can help you plan I would LOVE to help. :rolleyes1 (and I sooo hope she asks for more help:yay:)

Oh, this is me! I know i sound pathetic b/c I pretty much beg to help plan. I am currently helping my next door neighbor & she let me plan out her week for her.:yay: The frustrating thing is when I don't get details back. She asked for recommendations for ADRs & I gave her suggestions. Then 2 wks go by & she never shares w/me what she got. I had to email her to ask which ADRs she made. I am sure I will need to ask for details when she comes back too.

YMBAD if...

When a friend or other family members are at WDW & each day you think about which park they are visiting that day & what rides they are doing. Then wish they would give you a very detailed report of their trip when they return.

YMBAD if...

OMG, yes. And then you bug her because she doesn't read everything right away or have a gazillion questions so you call her to see if she did read everything and what did she think of it all and if she's ready to start tweaking her planning list you have her and.....

If you tell your DS that this will be the last trip for a few years and he looks at you like :confused3 and says "What? We go to WDW every year. " In a tone like "What? the sun always rises in the morning?"

THIS sounds like DD8!

OR, when everywhere you walk there is something that smells like a smell at Disney. (We do this every day!)

:) You actually sit awake at night wondering how much time DOES Robo spend on the DIS and HOW many people has he helped over the years...

and one for the ages......what does DVC Mike really do for a living??:confused3

DH just asked me "don't you get tired of that ??(the DIS)", when he regains consciousness I will give him an answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter