You should take ___ with you!

NedsTJ

Only 5.67E+06 feet from MK!
I'm just venting a little here, but why do people feel the need to suggest you take someone along with you, when they find out you're going solo? I'm traveling down in mid october (19th-24th). My brother and his family are going to be there the first two days, then they are off on the cruise. I'm meeting them there and then mentioned that I'm staying an extra few days.
"Oh, are you going down with someone?"
"No, just going to hang out for a bit, enjoy the parks."
"Oh - you should take your (insert family member here) with you, they'd love to go."

I guess they just don't get it or understand. Honestly, would I rather travel down with a special woman in my life? Absolutely! However, seeing as how that' ain't workin' out so well these days...

I probably just won't mention it again the next time I head down solo. :)

I know the feeling I'm leaving this week for my second solo trip I can't wait to just kick back and relax not worry about what any one else thinks. What is going to be done that day is my choice entirely, I love it.
Every one at work is like "I can't believe your going by yourself won't it be boring? You won't have anyone to talk to.. blah blah blah" I don't know if any of them have ever been to Disney but there is NO WAY to be bored down there. My mom offered to go with me but I told her no that I wanted to go down relax and get as stress free as I can be for 5 days.. I love my solo trips!

I had that problem the first few times, but after half a dozen trips...it's accepted. I think it would be better to go alone than take someone who would not enjoy the trip.

Hope things improve for you.

Or they invite themselves along, to "keep you company". I've had that happen a couple times. It's so hard to get up the *** to say "No, you can't come with me!" So now, I just don't tell much of anyone when I'm going on a solo trip.

Many people do not like spending time alone, so they figure you are the same way. My MIL is like this. She does not understand that I crave time alone, and that when I am alone it is the only time I can "recharge my batteries." Other people recharge with people. Many times I feel drained by my time with people. It is very rare that being with people will recharge me. So, when people are offering up options of who you should take with you, it's that they simply cannot fathom that your time alone would be enjoyable.

Or they invite themselves along, to "keep you company". I've had that happen a couple times. It's so hard to get up the *** to say "No, you can't come with me!" So now, I just don't tell much of anyone when I'm going on a solo trip.

I just had that happen to me for my first Disneyland trip in November. I don't mind, however; I've done my last two WDW trips solo and I think that it will be great to go with someone else for once. But, I am worried that I'm going to cause my friend to hate me as I'm used to doing what I want and when I want. It will be a change having to adjust to being with someone else that will want to have say in my touring plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter