young child

PoohNPiglet

Children are a blessing from the Lord!
We are planning a trip to WDW this May. We have an extra day with no WDW tickets and nothing else planned. I thought maybe we would try IAO or US... however, we will be travelling with our 8 month old DD. I know MK will have things for her to do, however I am not sure these will. And do they have things like parent swap on these rides like Disney does? Would it be a waste of $ for us to go here? Thanks!

There are quite a few rides with baby swap areas also shrek & jimmy neutron have stationery seats:jester:

Thanks for the info. It is good to know that we can parent swap.. now is there anything for my 8mo DD to do there? I think I saw Barney things, etc... anyone ever take a little one to these parks?

You do have a few play grounds in both parks am sure Seuss carousel will please and they do have a Barney show:jester:

They do have baby swap, but you'd be surprised. They have Barney, Seuss landing and lots of fun stuff for the little ones.

For some reason, I thought your child was two - sorry!! All of my suggestions below are for two year olds, not 8 months. However, a lot of them could still be enjoyed by a baby.

Here is my opinion on what your little one will like. At US - Barney Show and Barney playground, Fivel's playground, Curious George Playground, ET (maybe, there is a loud police scene right at the beginning but after that it is very peaceful and fun), Shrek and Jimmy (maybe in the stationary seats), Animal Planet Live (maybe, I haven't seen this one personally).

At IOA, The Cat in the Hat (this spins a lot, but I think you can have the spin mechanism turned off) One Fish, Two Fish, The Caro-Suess -El, and If I Ran the Zoo Play Area. Discovery Center, Triceratops Discovery Trail, Camp Jurassic, Me Ship the Olive play area.

Also, depending on your child there are a lot of opportunities to meet characters - Scooby and Shaggy, SpongeBob, Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat, Jimmy Nuetron and other Nicolodean characters, Popeye and Olive Oil, and the Super Heros.

Also, pack a swim suit for the wet play areas, otherwise your little one won't be able to enjoy those areas fully.

I hope this helped you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter