Your best “beat the heat” products

Ok, I may be dense here... it's ok!

I've used these towels before... got then wet, squeezed dry, hung around my neck. They were only OK.
Do you really need to do this whipping action? Snap them? How does this even work?
The Disney cooling towels work well if you snap them, too. Though I can't stand them around my neck... I tend to tie them around a strap, or carry in my hand, snap it to cool off, and wipe my face/neck to cool down.

Any recommendations on underwear? I need as little sweat as possible in that area as possible without the use of powder. I'm healing from surgery and while I'm healing well and will be in good shape by our trip, Disney walking in 90° is not ideal.

Any recommendations on underwear? I need as little sweat as possible in that area as possible without the use of powder. I'm healing from surgery and while I'm healing well and will be in good shape by our trip, Disney walking in 90° is not ideal.
Sweat/moisture wicking shorts with a built in liner were game changing for me. There are cheaper options but I use Lululemon Hotty Hot 4in shorts. My Mom loves Patagonia’s Women’s Multi-Trail shorts which have a longer inseam than Lululemon’s.

Anyone have any experience with the CoolClip fans from Ergonable? They are a small fan that is powered by a rechargeable battery that clips onto the waistband of your pants to shoot the air inside your shirt. Online reviews seem to be pretty favorable.

You might want to look into a product called Megababe

You might want to look into a product called Megababe

I wonder how it compares to the monistat chafing relief powder gel. I've already bought that. I also have dresses with attached bike shorts/baggy rompers to wear for air flow so not looking to drop such big $$$ on shorts I'll never wear again. I normally wear VS cotton briefs. Just wondering if there's something better, breezier, etc.

Body Glide to prevent chafing. Silver UV umbrella. I was pretty shocked how much the umbrella helped. Mission cooling hat and towel also were great for me.

Body Glide to prevent chafing. Silver UV umbrella. I was pretty shocked how much the umbrella helped. Mission cooling hat and towel also were great for me.

I purchased two of those silver UV umbrellas for the first time this trip. I'll say, I've seen folks with umbrellas and I think how silly it looks. And it will be a pain to carry around. But.... likely not as much of a pain or a silly look as having heat stroke someplace and laying down on a bench! This trip I'm pulling out all the stops.
I'll report back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter