Your biggest Disney disappointment / anti-climax?

I was disappointed by Illuminations. I thought it would be this great display with lasers and fireworks. A globe with light pictures on it, basically that is what it is. We had a great recommended viewing area and such, not into it. It was loud and I was rather let down at the end.

I think I was really looking forward to seeing this and didnt care if we saw wishes (fireworks in my mind, seen alot of those). Wishes brought me to tears at our MVMCP and I was overexpecting of illuminations.

budbeerlady said:
I was disappointed by Illuminations. I thought it would be this great display with lasers and fireworks. A globe with light pictures on it, basically that is what it is. We had a great recommended viewing area and such, not into it. It was loud and I was rather let down at the end.

I think I was really looking forward to seeing this and didnt care if we saw wishes (fireworks in my mind, seen alot of those). Wishes brought me to tears at our MVMCP and I was overexpecting of illuminations.
I was a bit disappointed the first time I saw IllumiNations, too, but I love it so much now, I can't really remember why! You definitely need to be close to the globe for that to have any impact at all. The bridge between UK and France is often suggested as one of the best viewing spots, but that's too far away (and thus is one downside of an IllumiNations cruise, as that's where the boats moor up). I could tell you where our favourite viewing spot is, but then I'd have to kill you! :rotfl:

The fireworks are great (better than the globe part) and I absolutely love the music. My advice is to get the CD and get to know the music. Next time you'll definitely have a lump in your throat and happiness in your heart. :goodvibes

Magic Kingdom ...... not a patch on Disneyland Paris, dogearred and rough by comparison, especially, Space Mountain and Pirates .... will I be going back in 2 months time ........ yes, probably! - Its like a tradition, gotta be done.

Remember to all you folks complaining about our Mansion, Pirates, Space, etc.etc.....many of our attractions (and MK) opened in 1971 (or Pirates-73, Space-75, Thunder-81, etc), whereas DLP didn't open until the early 90's. So, naturally, our attractions might seem ‘dated’ to you…they’re old! Personally, I actually like the ‘classic Disney’ feel it gives, but other folks might not.

I loved Alien Encounter, positively the most scariest thing I've ever done. Wonderful. Even second time round it got me going.

The stitch thing that's now in it's place is a nice experience, it's very well themed and polished. We enjoyed it.

However, compared to the total terror of Alien Encounter its nothing.

I don't think I've been disappointed by any of the rides. Some of them are dated now and a little bit odd. However, that just adds to the charm.

The only thing that did get me was the "little red" story in the safari at AK. When we went just after it opened the story spoilt the whole thing. It made it so false. When we went back last year the story didn't appear to be so intrusive, it was much better. Personally I'd drop the story and just have a drive around with a decent commentary on the animals, their habitat and stuff like that (particularly those species that are under threat and why).
By all means mention poachers but keep it real and don't ham it up.

As an aside 5 years ago when we were on the safari truck we were sat next to a little old lady who said to my son, when we saw the giraffes, "look at those, aren't they close". They were about 100 yards away. My son, 3 at the time replies with "Oh no, I've been much closer. I had giraffes eating from my hands". At the time we lived near Marwell Zoo and in their new giraffe enclosure you could get close to the animals. We had annual membership and had been going regularly, mainly to see the giraffes. If you went when it was quiet the giraffe would come over to say hello and the keeper, knowing that we were regular locals would let us feed them. A real experience, especially for a 2/3 year old.

:) Chris.

I liked Alien Encounter too - but then again I like Aliens!!

For me it added to the Tomorrowland experience, and now I just feel there is something lacking there now and it just feels dated to me.

maggs said:
Our biggest disappointment was Beaches and Cream. Boy, the food there was absolutely disgusting! The service was lousy, the wraps had one slice of processed chicken, the cookies were burnt and the crisps soft. Oh.......the milkshake was pure sugar. Never ever again!
Maybe it was a bad day for them but it was bad enough to put me off for life. :( Boma was a huge let down too.

Maggs
I quite agree with you - this is built up so much and we thought the food really pretty bad - dry burgers and service appalling but quite good ice cream.

We were really disappointed with the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian Resort.

I kept waiting for Lilo and Stich to appear!!!

Susan

mark&sue said:
We were really disappointed with the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian Resort.

I kept waiting for Lilo and Stich to appear!!!

Susan
Oh yes, this is something I totally forgot about. I thought that the show was dreadful. The food was awful, the service was mediocre and the tables were very crammed together. It was very overpriced.

The old Luau was a million times better. I wish they didn't change it. :(

here's a list of some of the things i don't like at WDW (in terms of attractions), but my dislike of these things has in no way detracted from my enjoyment of WDW year in and year out for the past 33 years...

so here it is, my list of dislikes (probably in order but not comprehensive):
--Hoop de doo review
--Stitch's Great Escape
--Light, Motors, Action
--Fantasmic
--Illuminations
--the World of Animation (or whatever it's called in MGM)
--Beauty and the Beast
--1900 Park Fare
--most of pleasure island (other than the comedy club)

actually, looking at the list, they're kind of equally bad....awful....

there are probably others, but that's what comes to mind....

English people in football shirts/Shell suits, complaing that "Yer kant get a decsent cap a tea in this place" and that its not as good as "the costas" :teeth: :teeth:

Biggest disappointment : when they overhauled Journey Into the Imagination. It was closed for so long whilst they totally changed it ........ and it was MUCH worse than the original.

They then revamped it again and it is still bad....... awful!

I was also very disappointed in Chester & Hester's Dinorama - I know it's themed to look like a 50's funfair, but in the Animal Kingdom, which in our opinion is a classy park, it is very out of place.

Obi Wan Kenobi said:
English people in football shirts/Shell suits, complaing that "Yer kant get a decsent cap a tea in this place" and that its not as good as "the costas" :teeth: :teeth:

:lmao:

Football shirts I can almost understand but grown men wearing football shorts as well - come on, it cant be right :clown:

tartangirl said:
:lmao:

Football shirts I can almost understand but grown men wearing football shorts as well - come on, it cant be right :clown:

I wear my shirt with pride but have never worn shorts too - I have seen much stranger sights on my holidays than a man in some footie shorts though and the number of times I have seen people in matching 'stars and stripes' shirts and shorts....now that can't be right....

Hi there,

I cringe when you see Mr & Mrs Brit walking down the street, you can spot them a mile off, with either the "Eng-GER-Land" football tops or union jack flag shorts. Similarly the Celtic/Rangers fans are also embarising with the matching Burrbery caps etc. I don't have a problem with kids, but adults have a look at yourself. What must the Yanks think of us.

I am proud to be British that does not mean I have to wear the flag.

StephenKay said:
Hi there,

I cringe when you see Mr & Mrs Brit walking down the street, you can spot them a mile off, with either the "Eng-GER-Land" football tops or union jack flag shorts. Similarly the Celtic/Rangers fans are also embarising with the matching Burrbery caps etc. I don't have a problem with kids, but adults have a look at yourself. What must the Yanks think of us.

I am proud to be British that does not mean I have to wear the flag.

Hmm, don't have an England shirt but also don't see any problem with people wearing them, Union Jack shorts are another matter though.

Never really thought of what people think about what we wear, to be honest I don't care it's our holiday and we can wear what we like.

The Americans are very patriotic and often see the stars and stripes in various forms, hats/shorts/t-shirts even strollers, so I don't see what the problem is.

Guys ... pretty please can we not turn this thread into a what we all wear abroad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter