Your experience required!!

nannoo

Earning My Ears
Excuse my ignorance, but I'm a "newbie"! My husband and I will be visiting Florida this summer, and will be spending a week in Orlando. We want to do WDW (including Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios, and the Water park), and Sea World. What would be the best ticket(s) to get? And what else should we not miss. ANY help would be gratefully received.

Thanks for your response. But is there any point in going to Disney Studios AND Universal? If I get a WDW ticket which includes Disney Studios, is it worth paying out for Universal as well?

It really depends on what you want from it ie

Universal has the classics you always wished you could see

Jaws
Back to the future
Terminator 3D
Twister
Earth quake

to be fair there is for me only two attractions at MGM these being

Tower of Terror
Fantasmic (not to be missed)

Just to say youv'e been there not necessary to ride the rides is an ocassion, to stand by the Universal globe was a thrill for my wife and I, and to see Fantasmic, again is an emotional expereance.

Without children for Us Universal and Islands were the best parks, but this is only our opinion.

As I mentioned buy the Brits Guide this will help you plan

and visit the Universal and Disney web sites

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/index.html?__source=USMN.GNAV

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/index

Happy Planning :teeth:

R.

:teeth: :teeth:

If you are travelling that far to Orlando, you must visit Universal. In my humble opinion - Islands Of Adventure is the best theme park in Orlando. Some of the rides there are out of this world. Spiderman is a must, as is the Hulk Rollercoaster.

There are good deals to be had on tickets at the moment. Just visit the Universal website.

Yes you really must do Universal/IoA as well as Disney as they are both very different. Both wonderful as well though

Decisions in Orlando are tough, especially if you only have a week! All the theme parks in Orlando are good (although I have my doubts about Sea World!) so whatever you choose you will be a wonderful time. The best think to do is decide what type of theme park attractions you would like to see, and then tailor your week around that. It will not be possible to see everything in a week, so priorities will have to be made. Buying the Brit's Guide to Orlando, as others have suggested, will help you get the most out of your time and money. With a week to spend my priorities would be:

Animal Kingdom
Islands of Adventure
Disney Studios
Typhoon Lagoon (water park)
Universal Studios
Epcot

At a push I'd skip the Magic Kingdom (he said, donning his flame-proof suit!), but if this is likely to be your one and only experience of Disney you probably should make the effort to spend some time there. I really didn't enjoy SeaWorld, so we won't visit again regardless of how much time we have available.

Regards

Rob

If I only had a week in Orlando I would go to

Magic Kingdom
MGM Studios
Epcot
Seaworld
Islands of Adventures

For a water park I would choose Blizzard Beach

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter