Your fav in park Dining :)

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
Hi All,

We are heading to Orlando on the 17th and I am very overwhelmed....we are staying offsite and will be spending one day at each of the 4 major parks...

We are more "go with the flow" sorts of people however from reading on here it seems most people do book their dining ahead and it looks like this is a smart idea considering it is spring break

I'd love to hear your personal favorite places to eat- we do not want to use time park hopping or traveling to resorts (will save that for another trip)

So....can you tell me some of your favorite places to eat :wizard::flower3: nothing seems the same as DL :confused3:yay:

We are going in mid-June for 10 days and have made our dining reservations. Call now. Part of our experience is dining. We like Ohana at the Polynesian (lots of food ), Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios ( good basic food and entertaining), Biergarten in Germany in Epcot ( great buffet, something for everyone and entertainment). Enjoy!!pirate:

Just a few of my fav

DHS ---50's Prime Time Cafe
Or
Sci fi Drive-Inn

Epcot----Britain---- Rose and Crown Pub
Or
Morrocco -- Tangerine Cafe---quick service

MK------ Liberty Tree Tavern
Or
Plaza Restaurant
Or
Noodle Station--quick service

AK----- Tuskers House
Or
Yak and Yeti --quick service

I'd definitely recommend making some ADRs right away. You can always cancel them if you decide you want to "wing it" or change your plans, but you'll likely be stuck with just CS meals unless you plan ahead. Spring break is a very busy time at WDW! As you've noticed, lots of folks make their ADRs 180 days in advance, to get the restaurants and times they want.

Some of the restaurants I like are: California Grill, Le Cellier and Kona Cafe.

You can still get ADRs for the "unpopular" resterants. I put these in quotes because they are ALL wonderful but for some reason are never booked. Our all time fave is the Marrakesh restaurant in Epcot. Its never booked, wonderful food and has a belly dancer!!!The kids loved this beautiful resturant.
ANY of the resturants in AK. The last I looked, there were still some times left AK.(except the rainforest cafe..completely overpriced and NOT worth it!)

Fave Character Meal: Lilo & Stich Best Friends Breakfast @ Poynesian

Fave MK restaurant (quick service): Cosmic Rays..lots to choose from. (Table Service)....The Plaza. Not as expensive & gorgeous inside. The wait is usually much less & the sandwiches & desserts are wonderful.

Fave HS restaurant: 50's Prime Time Cafe. Lots of fun when they pick on the adults & food is pretty good too.

Fave resort meal: Ohana dinner @ Polynesian. Unbelieveable amounts of food & some of the best I've ever tasted. Go at the right time & they'll dim the lights & pipe in the Fireworks show from MK. Always our best night at Disney!

I have now booked Rainforest Cafe (whoops! Saw your post too late! will see what else is available!) Sci Fi Diner and Marrakesh! Actually I looked at all the menus in Epcot and Marrakesh jumped out at us as our 1! We love to try different food!

I'm going to see what is still available for Plaza and what else at AK is around :surfweb:

I have now booked Rainforest Cafe (whoops! Saw your post too late! will see what else is available!) Sci Fi Diner and Marrakesh! Actually I looked at all the menus in Epcot and Marrakesh jumped out at us as our 1! We love to try different food!

I'm going to see what is still available for Plaza and what else at AK is around :surfweb:

So happy you got Marrakesh!!! You'll really enjoy it. Rainforest is OK. The food is very medicore, but the kids usually enjoy it...GLad you got some quality ADRs.:thumbsup2 Have a great trip. When will u be going? We're leaving on Thurday.:cool1:

Well we now have Sci-Fi Diner (will also be DH's bday!), Marrakesh and Tusker House...cancelled Rainforest Cafe as Tusker looks more interesting and does include the reserve seating to Nemo...I think we are just going to wing MK as nothing jumped out at us... getting excited! :banana:

We're doing Tusker house as well. Never been, but anything with authentic food..sounds interesting. I did'nt hear about the reserve seating at Nemo..what's that about?:confused3

My family has a few can't miss places every trip!

The first three are at Resorts, but just a monorail ride from Magic Kingdom!

We love Ohana at the Polynesian for dinner...the food is awesome and there is a LOT of it. The breakfast isn't bad either and you get to see Mickey and pals and Stitch in Hawaiian shirts! Hop on the monorail outside of Magic Kingdom and you are there in a flash!

The kids also always insist on Chef Mickey's (at the Contempory). It's pretty standard buffet food, nothing spectacular...but we go b/c of the characters and it's become a tradition to do Chef Mickey's the first night of our trip! Within walking distance of MK or a monorail ride.

1900 Park Fair has really good food and the entertainment is great! The step sisters are absolutely gut busting hilarious. My husband is a pretty reserved guy but even he gets to laughing when the step sisters are out! AND if you are at Magic Kingdom it's just a short monorail ride to the Grand Floridian.

My step kids absolutely ADORE Sci Fi Dine In theater at Hollywood Studios. We always get the first seating of the day (11-ish) and have an early lunch. The atmosphere is so fun and the food is actually very good.

Tusker House is pretty good at Animal Kingdom

There are a TON of table service places at Epcot. We really liked Tutto Italia in Italy...and the new pizza place...can't remember the name...but it's good!

In terms of counter service places, we really like Sunshine Seasons right outside of Soarin. The food is always fresh and there are a lot of choices.

At Magic Kingdom we always stop at Cosmic Ray's when we are hungry. The food is really consistently good and the kids love watching the lounge singer do his thing!

Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom is good if only b/c it has air conditioning and we usually need it at AK. My husband and I like Flame Tree BBQ but it's outdoor seating and the last time we ate there a very plump duck waddled over and sat right on my foot...and would not move...even though I tried to encourage him to do so. Good thing I love ducks!! He was holding my foot hostage. He wanted some food!

CLEARLY I could go on and on.

Have a great trip!!!

Pecos Bill is the best QS dining in Magic Kingdom!
I could eat there every day of my vacation (usually a stay of 17 days) and I would never get tired of it!

In the Magic Kingdom...I love Crystal Palace, but you need reservations. I also love Cosmic Rays, which is counter service but really good!

Go to the Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney...very tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter