Your Favorite DVC Resort

Alexander

DIS Veteran
I was wondering after reading the thread about why the BCV are so popular. I do love the BC, but I also love OKW and VWL. It's interesting to see how people insist that ______(fill in resort name) is the best.

I don't have an absolute favorite. I love those mentioned above for different reasons and we usually choose the resort we're staying at depending on the time of year and what we plan on doing during that vacation.

For example: in the summer, we don't go to the parks a lot, we spend a lot time at the pool, therefore we've stayed at the BCV. However in the spring, we stay at VWL because we go to MK a lot. Then I like to spend Easter at OKW, they just make it such a special morning for the kids.

Is there anyone else who doesn't have a dead-set favorite? I know there are many who do!

:earsboy: My favorite tends to be the resort I'm staying in at the moment. This past trip we started at VWL and DW and I proclaimed it was our favorite. Then we went to BCV and that became our favorite. Each resort has its own positives and we can't wait till we've tried them all. I'm sure SSR will become our new favorite when we stay in September (our first GV). :goodvibes

I've liked every one I've stayed at! There only for sleeping anyway.....the real fun is at the PARKS! :banana:

pirate:

My favorite DVC resort is the one where I happen to be staying at the moment. ;)

That being said, I plan to return to VB most years as long as we can do it. It's such a nice vacation.

Hi!

We have had wonderful stays at all WDW DVC's, :banana: and I would be sad if I looked at our ressies, and they were all for the same resort.

However, if there was only 1 on-site DVC that I could buy AND "have" to stay at, it would be VWL.

Bobbi :flower:

I have favorite things about each of them. VWL is my favorite because this is where DH and I took our adult only trip. BWV is my favorite because it is our home resort and our family likes the pool here the best along with the location to Epcot. OKW is my favorite when we are taking invited guests and we want to WOW! them. BCV is my favorite when we want to see fireworks from our room (honestly if I was told you have to pick on DVC location to never visist again, it would be BCV. DH & kids didn't like the pool.) DH also has no desire to stay at SSR, so we may never try it. However, I will take any of my favorites or nonfavorites just to stay at WDW!

We own BCV and OKW. Love the location of BCV and the isolation of OKW. Both are great in their own way. We love the peacefulness of VWL but the lack transportation to other food choices makes it towards the end of our list.
Karen

OKW in August!

The results are still available from the survey a few weeks ago asking people to rank the resorts in several categories.

The results are based on 315 responses. Annecdotal information about what people think vs. data is a bit different and interesting.

To view the results go to:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/Report.asp?U=85074065578

We think they are all great, but we tend to stay at OKW most often. Our children are all grown and know WDW like the back of their hand, so our vacations seem to becoming our family and friends gathering place, which is wonderful!!!! DH isn't too interested (except for the restaurants in Epoct) in the parks anymore, but I am, so I go with others or by myself. We now try to keep our visits relaxing, which is nice.

I really don't think you can go wrong staying anywhere at WDW. Each have their pluses and minuses and depending on your vacation style, I am sure that the pluses far outweigh the minuses......Unless of course WDW isn't your "thing".

I can't speak for all of them because I've only stayed at BCV, BWV and SSR. I liked each of them for different reasons. I love the atmosphere, restaurants, and location of BCV. I love the pool and location of BWV and I love the rooms and the close poximity of DTD at SSR. Slowly but surely I will try the other resorts too. Thats half the fun of owning DVC!

My favorite is BCV, for the theming (makes me miss Cape Cod) and the proximity to Epcot. But for romantic peacefulness, I love OKW. But I have to give a nod to BWV BW view-that's got the jaw-droppingly beautiful views that I've never encountered anywhere else.

As many others have indicated, I really don't have a "favorite" but DH and I do enjoy VWL a lot. DH likes to try new places so we have tried OKW, VWL, BCV, have SSR on tap for May and hope to try HH in October. The only one that doesn't temp me is BWV, but will probably try it one day.

And I like the phrase: "My favorite is the one I'm staying at now, or next."

Our favourite is BCV by a quite a bit due to location (close to Epcot) and SAB (good for the kids with the sandy beach area)

Having said that we are happy to stay at any of them as the signature line will attest - by ranking:

BCV (own)
BWV
OKW
SSR (own)
VWL

I really like the WL themeing - the location is a bit of a hastle but would happily stay there if that was all that was available

Cheers

SSR suits our current situation and "needs" - but, as we own for 49 more years, I'm sure that will change. While we like SSR, there's really no one place that we either "have to" or "would never" stay at.

Happy Birthday Cat said:
Our favorite is the BWV because it has the best pool bar.;)

HBC

Oohh, good to know, I'll have to make sure and pop over next month :drinking1

BVC and Vero are our favorites. Then it may be HH, since it's nice to have an alternative to WDW all the time. We enjoy combination vacations, some time at WDW and some time at the beach, that way one gets the best of both and some restfu relaxing family time.

There are certainly advanatages to other resorts. I could see really liking BWV to have the 3 bedroom GV option, or WLV for the marina on the large lake option and boatride to MK. OKW and SSR appeal less to us, but glad others enjoy thier resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter