Your favorite Gulf Coast Beach Is...

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about spending the Fri/Sat before our BWV trip in May at one of the gulf coast beaches.

Do you have a favorite?

SanDestin.

New owner has built new new resorts and lots of new restaurants and shopping venues are available now.

There is a great "village" area with dining, live music nightly, good shopping that has also been expanded (doubled in size) over the past year or two.

There are shuttles that take you throughout the resort, bikes to rent, etc. . .

I have only been twice in off season (once in March, once this past September) but I highly recommend it.

Best part: my sister owns timeshare there and we go on 4 day getaways that are reasonable. From where we live it is only 5-6 hour drive so 4 days fit the bill perfectly.

St. Pete Beach, Ft. Myers Beach, and Marco. I've heard the Panhandle is beautiful, but I have never been there, so can't compare.

I agree with Jim. St. Pete Beach is one of my favorites. There are some great hotels to stay at (try Don Cesar for more upscale or Tradewinds for more family fun) and the beach is wonderful. And it is not as far away from Orlando as the other beaches mentioned. I would stay away from Clearwater Beach on the weekend. Boats are allowed to anchor right on the shoreline and are quite a pain for swimmers and beachcombers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter