Your favorite snacks at Universal & IOA

#1DopeyFan

DIS Veteran
I apologize if this has been asked a thousand times before, but I searched and couldn't find anything even remotely recent.

We have tons of favorite snacks at Disney, but unfortunately haven't done near the snacking at Universal. I'd like to change that, lol. Butterbeer is of course a fave and we want to try the Simpson's doughnut this trip (in 5 weeks). Other than that, I'm lost....HELP, what are your favorite snacks and where can we find them?

Check damo's food sticky to see if she included snacks

I thought some were listed there

My visits always includes a couple pink donuts and fudge from the main store at the studios

Also, the desserts at boulangerie are a given for me during my stays

Rock Cake at the candy shop next to Three Broomsticks. That and a coffee (from 3 Broomsticks) are my fave vacation breakfast.

(we split, with one adult buying the snacks and one adult getting the coffees, then we meet behind 3 Broomsticks to sit and look out over the water)

Popcorn and ice cream, popcorn in carts at both parks, and ice cream in the studios, one in the New York area and one in Diagon Alley. Funnel cake from the Crescent moon bakery in IOA . Chocolate frog in the Potter area candy stores. And sweets like a flavored cheesecake slice and a cup of tea is my favorite way to start a day in the studios, at the Boulangerie.

Last edited:
Love frozen Butterbeer. We liked the Big Pink Doh'nut....enough to share, for sure.
.....and, we probably refilled our popcorn bucket 10 times over 3 days.

I've been searching for this too! I am on the fence about using meal card deals for some of our meals but if the snacks included aren't something we would eat I think the savings would be a wash. It is really hard to find details

The snacks are listed on the website for that counter service meal deal

Butterbeer is counted as a snack

I buy this meal deal when I eat at the 3 B's
I come out ahead by doing so
The coupons are valid for 14 days which I use later during my stay

I like to try all the different drinks at the Wizarding World, even though frozen butterbeer is my favorite. I also really enjoy the pumpkin fizz, but I like to try all the different drinks.

This is my list so far:
Butter Beer (all kinds, frozen, regular, ice cream)
Ice Cream from Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour (clotted cream and butter beer for sure, not sure what other flavours we must have)
Cauldron Cake, Treacle Fudge and Rock Cake from Honeydukes
Latte Cheesecake from Beverly Hills Boulangerie (I loved this last time I was there, hope they still have it!)
And the big pink doh'nut from the Simpsons area

Don't know what else to add ...

A scoop of Salted Carmel Blonde topped with a scoop of Clotted Cream ice cream at Florean Fortescues in Diagon Alley - AMAZING!!!!
What is Clotted Cream like? Last year I only got the Butterbeer ice cream because as the wizard serving me informed me "the Ministry does not permit samples". His reference of the Ministry made my giggle so much I forgot he was telling me no! :wizard:

I really like the chocolate peanut butter chunk cookies they sell in the candy shop in the Seuss Area. I believe they have them in other candy shops as well. The chocolate chunks are huge. The snicker doodle cookies are not too bad either.

My other favorite is the pumpkin pastry at the candy shops in the HP section. They remind me of homemade fried apple turnovers only pumpkin flavored. I love pumpkin pie, and these tasted pretty similar. We discovered them last trip and started eating them for breakfast every day. Yum.

My favorite snacks in the parks...

USO

Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlor: I've enjoyed all varieties I've tried
Lard Lad Donuts: Big Pink Donut and the Brain Freezin' Donut Sundae
Bumblebee Man’s Taco Truck
Moe’s Tavern/Duff Brewery: Duff Dry
Beverly Hills Boulangerie: cheesecake
The beer in Diagon Alley is pretty good

IoA
Croissant Moon Bakery: pastries
Thunder Falls Terrace: turkey leg
Hogs Head: beer

I've also been know to get a churro from a cart in both parks.

Butterbeer: there's hot (I started getting this instead of coffee when it's cool in the morning), cold, and frozen. Pick one you think you'd like. If you enjoy it, then you'll probably try all variations before your vacation is over.

I love the Big Pink Donut! The last time I was there (2016) there was a bakery that had the big donuts in the box as well. It wasn't pink iced but it was white iced or a choice of chocolate iced. (We grabbed a few for the trip home) Does anyone know what place this could be? I want to make sure I get one to go and it was closer to the gates than Lard Lad...I have searched the menus but since it was in a bakery(I think that's what I remember) it's not listed. I want to think it was IOA. Please any help is greatly appreciated...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter