Your favorites?

Louis morrell

DIS Veteran
Ok, I know we all have our favorites and dining is very subjective. With that said i would still like to know your top 5 favorites at Disney World and maybe a little bit of why.

• Jiko - food is consistently delicious (wild boar tenderloin appetizer is a reason to visit all by itself), largest collection of South African wines outside South Africa, service terrific, easy to make a whole night out of dinner, pre or post drinks in the Victoria Falls lounge, exploring the resort and savanna overlooks and talking with cast members.
  • Flying Fish - restaurant is beautiful, service outstanding, love the food, Boardwalk is a great location
  • Boathouse - love sitting outside at the dockside bar, varied menu with lots of options for taste and budget -- never had anything I didn't like, great hospitality
  • Topolino's Terrace- great food at a character meal is a rarity and this one delivers (characters at breakfast only; dinner is ok but not a fave)
  • Docking Bay Seven - my favorite quick service ... love the vegetarian meatball and hummus dish and the Star Wars theming
Some honorable mentions because choosing five is hard!

Wine Bar George - love learning about wine but great food and amazing service as well
Ale & Compass - think this is underrated for all meals. One of the best burgers on property, in my opinion
Yak & Yeti - two words: tuna nachos
Brown Derby
Citricos
Narcoossee's

Satu'li Canteen - favorite QS
Skipper Canteen - gluten-free fried chicken without advance notice like one place on property (looking at you 50's Prime Time)
Boathouse - great with allergies...and the Duck Duck Razz!!!
Garden Grill - especially breakfast...great characters
Three Bridges - best burger on property IMHO

Kringla bakeri & cafe
Les halles boulangerie pâtisserie
Satu'li Canteen
Skipper Canteen
Space 220

- Raglan Road - We love the atmosphere and the food, especially the scallops and bread pudding!
- Geyser Point - Limited but tasty menu. Terrific ambience.
- Olivia’s - Sentimental favorite at our first home DVC resort. Homey atmosphere, great service, varied menu. It can get a little loud when very busy. Brunch is offered every day in lieu of separate breakfast and lunch menus.
- Steakhouse 71 - Terrific food and service. Very nice bar/lounge area. I wish it had windows, but you can’t have everything. ;)
- France (Epcot) - Terrific options at 3 different QS locations — quiche, croissants, sandwiches, pastries, crepes, sorbets, ice cream, etc. Not to mention 2 TS locations.

We have many since we mostly have to eat at TS due to allergies.

MK - Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony’s.
Epcot - Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, Space220, Le Cellier, and Coral Reef.
AK - Rainforest Cafe.
DHS - 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood Brown Derby.
AKL - Boma breakfast and dinner.
Disney Springs - The Boathouse.
WL - Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast.
YC- Ale & Compass breakfast.

Steakhouse 71 - Terrific food and service. Very nice bar/lounge area. I wish it had windows, but you can’t have everything. ;)
SH71 our new favorite. Best food for price paid. Top value. I'm assuming part of the reson they don't charge an arm and a leg is exactly because of the no windows! The underground bomb shelter vibe makes it so we can get quality food for decent prices!

Thanks all. Lots of our favorites in your lists. There are a few weeks have not tried and will add to our list for September.

Man, I don't know if they are the best, but they are the places I often go to:

Garden Grill
Biergarten
Satu'Li Canteen
Tusker House
Be Our Guest

SH71 our new favorite. Best food for price paid. Top value. I'm assuming part of the reson they don't charge an arm and a leg is exactly because of the no windows! The underground bomb shelter vibe makes it so we can get quality food for decent prices!
I agree. Great value and great food. SH71 is the first restaurant I ate at twice in one trip.

I agree. Great value and great food. SH71 is the first restaurant I ate at twice in one trip.
Same! We never eat at the same TS twice in a trip...broke that rule with SH71. Dinner is great and so is breakfast! Just hope they don't realize they're giving too much quality for too little and change it as is the usual with Disney

Taking into account cost, location, atmosphere/theming and of course food, here our top 5 for lunch and dinner:
LUNCH
Sanaa
Y&Y
Sci Fi
Geyser Point
Nomad Lounge

DINNER
Morimotos
Jiko
San Angel
Via Napoli
Steakhouse 71

Art Smith's Homecoming - just tasty good southern food & fried chicken and biscuits
Hacienda de San Angel - mostly to get a margarita and a Queso Fundido, my favorite appetizer
Steakhouse 71 - good meats, most reasonable price for a Disney steakhouse, onion soup
Topolino's Terrace - Nice upscale spot, good food, great views
Tiffin's - Upscale menu, good foods, good wines, and service from the Nomad Lounge bar
Summer House - new one just added to the list - great service, good diverse menu, very good quality of everything I had so far
Geyser Point - casual outdoor bar food - limited but good menu, great drinks, atmosphere and lakeside view
Regal Eagle - probably favorite of the quick serves - just for offering barbeque in general and most I found pretty good
D-Luxe Burger - quick serve when you just want a good burger and fries

Last edited:
FYI - I'm not a "big entree" eater. Here are my favorites:

Nomad Lounge - Our go-to in AK. Great drinks and tapas. We have spent many an hour sitting on the porch relaxing and enjoying.

Les Halles (France) - great place for a lunch/snack. Haven't had anything disappointing there.

Homecomin' - We've had brunch, lunch and dinner here. Good food and service.

Shula's Steakhouse - We ate here only once but it was an outstanding experience.

Monsieur Paul - DH and his brother ate here and said it was the best meal in Disney.

Hoop Dee Doo - What a hoot! Went there as a kid and brought our kids there. We don't go there often, but when we do we enjoy it!

La Cava Tequila - Awesome margaritas and good snacks.

Pretty much all the TS non buffet at EPCOT. The QS at Norway and France.

Flame tree, Tiffins and Y&Y at AK

Tony's and Skippers in MK

50s , Mama's and Sci Fo at Studios
V@A, Sanaa, Jiko
All the above are in regular rotation.
My personal seafood and steak are better than anything in Disney.

Hmmmm,

Breakfast: [4 Seasons] Ravello buffet, non character * best omelet ever*

Brown Derby everything! atmosphere, food, service
Le Cellier food & service
Shula's [at Dolphin] french onion soup.
Chefs de France sentimental fav

Past / and missing desperately: CR concourse steakhouse !!, & The old version; Kona cafe

Boma - Great overall experience
Olivia's - Sentimental favourite
Flame Tree BBQ
Yak & Yeti
Garden Grill
Hollywood & Vine - Also sentimental - First character meal after 7 years of no visits - I experienced genuine joy with the characters.
Most Food and Wine Festivals Kiosks

Quick Service: Santuli Canteen - quality food and something different than the traditional burger or chicken tenders
Quick Service/Lounge: Geyser Point - great atmosphere and tasty food
Table Service: Chef Art Smith's - comfort food done well
Table Service: Sebastian's - served family style, nothing fancy, but a good meal.
&
Signature: Citricos - every dish I've had here has been delicious

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter