Your Favourite Airline to USA

lovintheland, my flight is late November and it hasn't changed. So I am guessing that they have changed the times starting well into December.

Very happy about that though, because I am still going to work on the day we leave, so a midday flight would not be a good thing for me :rotfl:

xxx

Wow Aussiegirls, how on earth are you going to concentrate on work the day you leave????? I'm really struggling getting through each day right now. It's painful I'm so impatient. I want to go NOW :rotfl2:

lovintheland, as it turns out my flight time has changed after all, so looks like I won't be going to work.

I really don't want to be getting into LA at 8am but there is nothing I can do about it.

I worked last time, the full day that we left. I thought it was great because it gave me something to do and I wasn't either stressing out or running around like a crazy person with excitement.

Oh well, I still get to go to Disney, so I am not going to let it bother me :flower3:

xxx

Lovintheland, my flight departs 22nd October... My flight arrives in LA at 8am and initially my next connecting flight would have been around 4pm but I called Expedia yesterday and believe they will be adjusting my connecting flight to 11am (3 hour wait)... They'll be emailing once that has been arranged, so hoping it all goes well, don't want to be hanging around the airport all day.

We travelled with Delta last year and will be travelling with them again this time. I thought the seats were fine, the food was fine, enough leg room and enough width (and I am pooh sized), entertainment systems were good with lots of variety.

I would agree on occasion about the service though. We had a problem with my husband's entertainment system not working on the way over and they really didn't seem very helpful about the situation.

I complained to Delta when we got back and they sent me a $50 voucher which I kind of thought bordered on a pathetic response :rotfl:.

With that said, we were happy with everything else. We flew with them 4 times whilst we were away and always found the planes took off on time and were clean, etc.

So are you doing the leg from Australia to LA with delta? I didn't know they had entertainment systems? Wow I must researce this some more....maybe for our next trip because they are way cheaper.

I went last Nov and this Aug with Qantas. I have no complaints with them. They tend to be a little more expensive in their sale flights but I find when things go wrong, they are very flexible and will do everything to make you happy.

The trick to Qantas before you fly is not to make any changes over the phone to your ticket, they will charge you. But if you go into their retail store in the city they will change anything without any charge.

DH and I missed their checkin for our flight home by 6 mins after we casually went to the airport. What I thought was a 23:50 flight was actually a 23:05 flight!!! Nightmare!!! The crew were checking in and I begged and pleaded them to let us on. They put us on the 23:50 flight (thankfully there was one!) and upgraded us to the exit row seats all for no charge.

A few weeks ago, I went on a very spontaneous flight to the US and booked a flight to leave on a Saturday morning in 8 days time with Qantas. The ticket with such short notice was $1,230.

I always try and pick the flights with the Airbus 380 - much more comfortable and much better entertainment systems and silent!

We too have flown Delta internationally on the SYD/LAX route and domestic within the US and I have to say we also had no complaints, so much so that the 5 of us are flying them again next month.

Every flight we had was on time, the only unpleasant part of the trip was the awful immigration and customs hall on arrival at T5 at LAX. It all seemed a bit "temporary", the air conditioning was non existent, and the whole thing was very cramped with a low ceiling - reminded me of an old school assembly hall rather than a major international airport. And there are absolutely no shops or toilets - my DS who was 6 at the time waited to go to the bathroom until we got off the plane as I expected there would be toilets at touchdown but there were none! But bless him - he hung on and on right up until we got through customs and out into the main lobby. Having said that though, there were wooden ramps and some scaffold up, so I feel that either they were renovating, or we were diverted to something temporary for some reason. It might be different this time. It's just not as glamorous or as spacious as arriving in Sydney, not by a long shot.

The AVOD on the aircraft really are great.

I found the seats fine - I have pictures of me sitting in them and like Shutter, I'm not exactly Kate Moss, and I had plenty of space.

But as the author of this article he points out - that fare he got at $900-odd including tax - that is CHEAP. If he doesn't think the airline or the service was up to scratch, pay more and get more. Delta doesn't profess to be a luxury airline, but it's not a budget airline either. It's nowhere near the Emirates and SwissAir league - but it's not Jetstar either.

I agree with the comment about their service. I found the US flight attendants not as hospitable as Australian flight attendants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter