Your "I can't miss" restaurants

We also love the Hard Rock Cafe at City Walk - great steaks and fun atmosphere. I think the food there is better than at many of the other HRC's that I have been to. We also really enjoyed the Noodle buffet at Royal Pacific (Islands?). Inside the parks we like Finnegan's in US and Confisco Grill and 3 Broomsticks in IOA for QS.

What a strange thing to say in this thread about Universal restaurants :confused3

Sorry you obviously didn't have a good visit to the United Kingdom.........

LOL, Shumi!! Her picture has a UK symbol.. It stands for University of Kentucky! I am a U of L fan so there is always a little friendly rivalry.. I've never been to the United Kingdom and have no bad feelings about it!

We also love the Hard Rock Cafe at City Walk - great steaks and fun atmosphere. I think the food there is better than at many of the other HRC's that I have been to. We also really enjoyed the Noodle buffet at Royal Pacific (Islands?). Inside the parks we like Finnegan's in US and Confisco Grill and 3 Broomsticks in IOA for QS.

Do you know I totally forgot about the Islands.........

Always get good food there too...........

What a strange thing to say in this thread about Universal restaurants :confused3

Sorry you obviously didn't have a good visit to the United Kingdom.........

I think they ment not a fan of the University of Kentucky football team, not United Kingdom. ;)

Mythos is a favorite of ours as well.

I don't see it given much credit on DIS for some reason, but the Hard Rock is also a favorite of ours. We've had nothing but great experiences there and it is a must do for us.

We tried Cowfish for the first time in december and it was good.

To be honest I don't think we've had a "bad" experience at any of the UO table service places. I even enjoyed Bubba Gumps. Some of the QS places are lacking though.

Cowfish was wonderful last week. I had read good things about the Bumblebee Man Taco Truck but I wouldn't recommend it. The Carne Asada taco tasted okay, but way to little meat for the price. My Wife had the Kprean Beef and it was almost inedible. Super sweet and salty. As we were trying to eat these a cfamily sat down next to us with Krusty Burgers. They looked so good that we threw away our tacos and got two of them. They are great! Next day I got the chicken and waffle sandwich at Kletus's and it was delicious as well. And it comes with tater tots!

I really, really, really want to try Cowfish! I have heard such good things about it!

Mrsabbott......I thought I replied to you above but it's not there???

Anyway, would hate to have thought you had a bad experience of us in the UK......glad it wasn't so........:flower3:

Oh and Cowfish is excellent!!

Mrsabbott......I thought I replied to you above but it's not there???

Anyway, would hate to have thought you had a bad experience of us in the UK......glad it wasn't so........:flower3:

Oh and Cowfish is excellent!!

No worries! I got a good giggle out of the misunderstanding! LOL! I would love to visit the UK sometime.. perhaps one day.... :)

Cowfish is on my MUST TRY list whenever we visit next time! My mouth keeps watering over the truffle fries on the menu (I'd get them without the bacon though!) We are busting our rears to pay off some things so that we can get back to Orlando! I've got a HUGE food budget planned because there are so many places I want to eat! LOL!

I also missed the second part of your question. I make reservations ahead on OpenTable (I think that's where most are). Except for the few places you can't make resevations. I just like to get it all set ahead of time.

We've found that HRC is so big that there is never really a long wait. We went once on a Saturday at 7 and still were seated right away. Once though, we were meeting friends and there were 11 of us total and one of our group called the day before and let them know we were coming and what time (not an official reservation) and once we checked in our table was ready within 10 minutes of our arrival. Of course, we do not go during the busy summer months so YMMV.

I also missed the second part of your question. I make reservations ahead on OpenTable (I think that's where most are). Except for the few places you can't make resevations. I just like to get it all set ahead of time.
Unfortunately, Uni's restaurants have moved OFF of the Open Table platform. It used to be so easy to use the app to make reservations... Now you have to go to Uni's website, find each individual restaurant on the website, and then click the link for that restaurant's reservations. It's way more of a pain than it used to be. :-/

Fellow Kentuckians here, too.

Last year we ate at Hard Rock (enjoyed it very much), Finnegan's (dh and I loved it, boys were ok with it), and we got the Great Feast at the Three Broomsticks - that was hands down the best meal we had in the parks. The rest of our meals were offsite or at the fast food in the parks.

We made no ressies (visited 2nd week of June), and never waited more than 10 min.

Dh and I did have our adult dinner alone at Cuba Libre, and it was excellent.

We always eat breakfast at Trattoria- love it

Breadbox at Citywalk
Blondes in the park- love a good sandwich
Jakes at RPR
Louie's and Sal's for pizza
Mel's diner( might get ridiculed for this but we are one of the few that enjoy it).

Nba City and Latin Quarter were our favorites- Hard Rock used to have the best French dip sandwich anywhere but they took it off the menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter