Your Predictions re Changes to DVC now that Iger is back as CEO

As resale buyer, I do hope we have access to an AP. We may not be DVC's ideal purchasers, but we DO largely spend our vaycay $ at Disney & should receive some perks. (DVC could have restricted resales but has chosen to allow them...We shouldn't be penalized for their decisions.)

Currently weighing purchasing 2023 tix now vs waiting for potential AP availability. Thoughts?

(A bit OT but important to all guests: I hope Iger hits the gas on all construction. Too much. Everywhere. Slow. Stalled. WDW should not be a constant construction site.)

Finally, thank you to eveyone, especially DVC owners, who posted, wrote letters, voted against TWDC Board, tweeted & signed petitions to remove Chapek... Now, it's a great big beautiful tomorrow & I'm looking forward to it. :thanks: :earsgirl:
I think if you buy tickets and they start sales of annual passes you will get credit for the unused tickets.

As resale buyer, I do hope we have access to an AP. We may not be DVC's ideal purchasers, but we DO largely spend our vaycay $ at Disney & should receive some perks. (DVC could have restricted resales but has chosen to allow them...We shouldn't be penalized for their decisions.)

Currently weighing purchasing 2023 tix now vs waiting for potential AP availability. Thoughts?

(A bit OT but important to all guests: I hope Iger hits the gas on all construction. Too much. Everywhere. Slow. Stalled. WDW should not be a constant construction site.)

Finally, thank you to eveyone, especially DVC owners, who posted, wrote letters, voted against TWDC Board, tweeted & signed petitions to remove Chapek... Now, it's a great big beautiful tomorrow & I'm looking forward to it. :thanks: :earsgirl:

They can not legally prevent someone from selling a timeshare. So, resales have to be allowed.

Any membership extras or perks program is something that is not be
required to be offered…which is why DVD has the ability to make the rules whatever they want as any costs associated with them are paid for by the developer out of their own profits, if those costs are there.

I would be surprised to see a change that offers resale owners the ability to buy the Sorcerer pass or any other type of discounted/special deal. The change in 2016 did happen while Iger was at the Healy.

But, I do hope…with the new rumors changing coming to park pass system…that the return of sales for APs will happen in 2023.

Last edited:
Unavoidable. Walt Disney World is too massive to NOT have multiple projects occurring at any given time.

As theme park fans, we should WANT 2-3 enhancements in progress at all times. The Tron coaster is an outlier, but significant improvements take 2-3 years and even smaller jobs result in construction walls for a year or so. (Tron is the most significant addition at MK since 7DMT opened in 2014.)

On the hotel side, with more than two dozen properties running 24/7/365, there's always something needing updates. If anything, Chapek deserves a little credit for the attention hotels received over the last couple of years. CR/Poly/GF all received major updates to both guest rooms and public areas. Before that we saw updates at SSR, Caribbean Beach and Coronado springs plus new construction of Riviera. Wilderness and BoardWalk are both in the early stages of significant updates.

Even road projects are inevitable given the size of WDW. Over the past 10 years they've completed the reconfiguration of Disney Springs, the MK resorts / TTC bypass and the entrance to Hollywood Studios. Updates to Floridian Way are probably next.

Could they complete some projects faster than they do now? Maybe. But we've got 15 years of history under Iger indicating he won't push for faster timelines.

They can legally prevent someone from selling a timeshare. So, resales have to be allowed.

required to be offered…which is why DVD has the ability to make the rules whatever they want as any costs associated with them are paid for by the developer out of their own profits, if those costs are there.

I would be surprised to see a change that offers resale owners the ability to buy the Sorcerer pass or any other type of discounted/special deal. The change in 2016 did happen while Iger was at the Healy.

But, I do hope…with the new rumors changing coming to park pass system…that the return of sales for APs will happen in 2023.
Unavoidable. Walt Disney World is too massive to NOT have multiple projects occurring at any given time.

As theme park fans, we should WANT 2-3 enhancements in progress at all times. The Tron coaster is an outlier, but significant improvements take 2-3 years and even smaller jobs result in construction walls for a year or so. (Tron is the most significant addition at MK since 7DMT opened in 2014.)

On the hotel side, with more than two dozen properties running 24/7/365, there's always something needing updates. If anything, Chapek deserves a little credit for the attention hotels received over the last couple of years. CR/Poly/GF all received major updates to both guest rooms and public areas. Before that we saw updates at SSR, Caribbean Beach and Coronado springs plus new construction of Riviera. Wilderness and BoardWalk are both in the early stages of significant updates.

Could they complete some projects faster than they do now? Maybe. But we've got 15 years of history under Iger indicating he won't push for faster timelines.
One thing way overdue is upgrading the monorail.

Even road projects are inevitable given the size of WDW. Over the past 10 years they've completed the reconfiguration of Disney Springs, the MK resorts / TTC bypass and the entrance to Hollywood Studios. Updates to Floridian Way are probably next.

Improvement & growth are inevitable & welcome.

Tearing up all 4 parks at once is not.

Yes. I'm an old-time Legacy guest. They were always ways to appropriately manage contruction & change.
And I'll never be convinced that TRON & MOANA required YEARS to complete.
Dereliction of duty. Mismanagement.

TWDC has a new hurdle to construction or structural upgrades. Things that fell under the jurisdiction of the Reedy Creek Improvement District are in an uncertain limbo for a while.

Last edited:
They can legally prevent someone from selling a timeshare. So, resales have to be allowed.

Interesting. When DVC began, renting points was strongly discouraged, if not prohibited contractually.
Resales were certainly not the industry they are now.
As a former Direct Sale owner & current Resale owner, I do hope that everyone who has purchased a DVC contract (a guaranteed source of revenue in the Parks & a fan-base that supports & promotes the Brand) is offered the opportunity to share at least in a tiny piece of the pie.

I predict it's possible as Iger begins to win back disgruntled guests.

Til then.... We've dodged a catastrophy so it's time to Remember the Magic ::yes::

I seem to remember buying my first AP when it was offered to DVC members for a discounted rate of like $399 - not tied to the pricing of Florida resident passes at all - just a DVC offering. It was pre 2016 because @ that point all of our points were resale & we were eligible. Found this 2015 article referencing those $399 passes :) https://dvcnews.com/index.php/other...resent-and-future-of-dvc-annual-pass-discount
IMO in today’s economy if we see discounting such as this offered, best to consider selling your Disney stock because they are seeing a need to fill the parks w/ us cheapskates 😂.

TWDC has a new hurdle to construction or structural upgrades. Things that fell under the jurisdiction of the Reedy Creek Improvement District are not in an uncertain limbo for a while.
I thought I knew what you were saying until I came across that "not".

At any rate, even with the pending change in RCID, they still have an obligation to proceed with projects as through they are a going concern.

Tearing up all 4 parks at once is not.
There are no projects currently in progress at Animal Kingdom. And the only one at Hollywood Studios is the new BBQ restaurant which is pretty well hidden from view.

Still, I would argue that there SHOULD be a project in-progress at each park pretty much all the time. Not on the scale of Tron or Moana, but refurbishments and enhancements are welcome.

And I'll never be convinced that TRON & MOANA required YEARS to complete.
Dereliction of duty. Mismanagement.
No but that pesky pandemic played an obvious role in the delays. Disney made a deliberate decision to not have Remy, GOTG or Tron open when crowds were limited, and to stagger their debuts. I suspect Iger would have done the same.

As for Moana, that is seemingly the last domino in a long series of projects for the park.

I don't work in construction so I'll leave it to others to comment on the challenges of demolishing & rebuilding the entire tram loop / security checkpoint, entry plaza, hub buildings and adding the Moana features while dealing with pandemic safety protocols and keeping the park opens to tens-of-thousands of guests per day. All overlapping with Remy, Guardians of the Galaxy, Space 220 and some work on Play Place / WOL pavilion.

Yes the Epcot project has been going on for a looong time and I'll welcome its conclusion. But it seems to be taking about the same amount of time as the fantasyland expansion which ran for 4.5 years. Once complete, Epcot won't see a project of this scale for decades.

Interesting. When DVC began, renting points was strongly discouraged, if not prohibited contractually.
Resales were certainly not the industry they are now.
As a former Direct Sale owner & current Resale owner, I do hope that everyone who has purchased a DVC contract (a guaranteed source of revenue in the Parks & a fan-base that supports & promotes the Brand) is offered the opportunity to share at least in a tiny piece of the pie.

I predict it's possible as Iger begins to win back disgruntled guests.

Til then.... We've dodged a catastrophy so it's time to Remember the Magic ::yes::

Contracts have always allowed for renting a reservation as long as it’s not done for commercial purposes, which is how it stands today.

Of course, not all CMs understand and will indeed say things that are not accurate.

As long as APs come back, everyone will get them..just don’t see them changing the membership extras program to include resale because Iger is now back in charge when he was the one in charge when it started.

At any rate, even with the pending change in RCID, they still have an obligation to proceed with projects as through they are a going concern.
Thanks for highlighting. The "not" was left-over from a previous draft of the sentence. I took it out.

As to your second sentence, the new permit and construction approval, under a governmental controlled entity does not have an iron clad obligation to allow projects to proceed. Usually, big projects have multiple levels and stages of permitting and approvals. An earlier approval in such a case would not bind the decision making body to approval of a later stage. In fact, it is generally a rule of law that an earlier legislative body cannot bind or restrict the powers of a later legislative body of the same level of authority. Such as, a special district with certain powers cannot require approval from a subsequent special district governing at the same level, even over the same project. Another example is an earlier house or senate cannot bind, restrict or usurp the power a later convened house or senate. If an issue comes before the later governmental entity they have the full power to make any decision they could without any such prior attempt at restriction.

The "bound by a going concern" concept applies more to partnerships in joint projects than to a permit applicant and a governmental body who decides the permit issues. "Going concern" is mostly used as a business or accounting term.

The "bound by a going concern" concept applies more to partnerships in joint projects than to a permit applicant and a governmental body who decides the permit issues. "Going concern" is mostly used as a business or accounting term.
As a recovering bean counter I'm guilty of mis-using this term. You are certainly correct about its customary meaning. My point was more about they need to continue business as usual instead of holding off until the dust settles. Their customers (primarily Disney) still need to be serviced.

As a recovering bean counter I'm guilty of mis-using this term. You are certainly correct about its customary meaning. My point was more about they need to continue business as usual instead of holding off until the dust settles. Their customers (primarily Disney) still need to be serviced.
"Recovering bean counter" (Laughs) Okay.
It seems all of this caught Disney in the midst of quite a few open and ongoing projects. I do feel for them. Their engineers and contracting personnel must be overwhelmed trying to guess the future and putting out fires. Tough jobs right now.

Contracts have always allowed for renting a reservation as long as it’s not done for commercial purposes, which is how it stands today.

Of course, not all CMs understand and will indeed say things that are not accurate.

As long as APs come back, everyone will get them..just don’t see them changing the membership extras program to include resale because Iger is now back in charge when he was the one in charge when it started.
Yes. Many advocate for your view. But since we're dabbling in predictions,opinions & viewpoints, I still hope resale DVC owners get a tiny piece of the DVC AP price discounts/types. And I predict it's possible, especially since the membership extras program is very fluid & not set in stone.
Never hurts to hope....We'll see.

I'm very interested in how Iger approaches the entire RCID issue.
I always wondered what he was thinking while Chapek was having to navigate that minefield.
We'll see...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter