your thoughts about May

Joyfulsnuff

<font color=purple>Asks a lot of silly questions h
Sadly we have to cancel our trip in December but are thinking of rescheduling for the first or second week of May, I would like to hear opinions about crowds and weather during this time. Thanks a bunch!

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! As you can see, we've been to WDW in May in the past and that is when our next trip is planned. The crowds are manageable and the weather is beautiful. There was only one day during our last trip that it was TOO HOT!! The parks aren't "dead", but you want to see some people around!!! The kids like it because it's nice enough to swim every day. It's not the rainy season yet, so not much rain (if any) in May.

The end of April through the middle of May is the BEST!!

Just my opinion though!!
;)

I would go in a minute if we did not have school age kids. There should be low crowds and great weather. Good luck.

We have gone twice in may (first week and 2nd week)
Neither week was overly crowded but i found the 2nd week seemed a little less crowded
there seems to be more little people (totlers) at this time of year
weather was great (80's and 70's at nite)
This year is the last week of April, hoping crowds are low then
(keep going earlier to get more out of annual pass)

Joyfulsnuff said:
Sadly we have to cancel our trip in December but are thinking of rescheduling for the first or second week of May, I would like to hear opinions about crowds and weather during this time. Thanks a bunch!

Look at my signature and you will see somewhat of a trend for DH and I on any of our trips we take. :idea: :cool2:

Our anniversary is May 22nd, so all of our trips in May whether it be to New Orleans, Disney, or Atlanta has been to celebrate our special day! :lovestruc

May in my opinion is a FABULOUS time to visit Disney. Weather is good, yes it's hot, but I'm from here, so it's NOTHING like it can be in June, July, or August. Rains occasionally, but only about 20 minutes at a time and usually only on one day of our trip. The crowds are very bearable, only use fastpass when DH and I want to do a ride more than once. The flower and garden festival is going on during that time and it makes for an even lovlier visit at EPCOT. :flower1: :rose: :flower3:

It does tend to get busy that last weekend in May, but it's Memorial Day Weekend and that's expected. DH and I are usually leaving Disney at that time anyway, so it's nothing we really worry about anyway.

Have fun planning your trip, wish mine was next year.

Blessings,

Denise :wave:

We went this past May (7th-16th) and the weather was fantastic -- mid-80's during the day and mid-to upper-70's at night. There was only one afternoon with cloudy skies, and it sprinkled for maybe an hour--no heavy downpours! The crowds were low, and the most we waited for any attraction was 15 minutes (we did use Fastpass when available and necessary--Test Track and Kilimanjaro Safari were the only two really long lines during our stay). :cool1:
The Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT is in full swing then, and the topiaries are awesome to look at and take pictures of. :flower: The nightly entertainment is never disappointing (I hope Dave Mason is back again this year)!!! Also, at MGM in mid-May, they begin Star Wars weekends. There is something for everyone.
We had our kids with us. DS had a packet his teacher prepared before we left (we gave him 2 months notice, which helped) and my son had it done before we got to WDW! DD is in preschool, so that wasn't a problem.
This is the last year that we will take DS out of school--he'll be in middle school next year (but May is the only time of year I can take vacation time from work)...we'll have to figure out when/how to schedule the WDW annual trip---we really like going in May!
Anyway, the kids were paid quite a bit of attention by the characters. I suggest still making late reservations for character breakfasts, because very few people are there and you have them practically all to yourself (not to mention that making it "Brunch" can save on meal costs)! And if you wait until late in the day, at the Judges Tent in MK the kids can have Cinderella all to themselves! My daughter had a 5-minute conversation with her and a photo session with Cinderella, Perla and Suzy! :cloud9:

Joyfulsnuff said:

Well, my daughter and I used to go either the second week of Sept or the first week of Dec and then............she started taking advance courses and make-up work became a nightmare......so for the past two years, we have gone during Memorial weekend (we stay 9-10 days). While not as slow as the other times we used to go, this is a great time to go! We live in the desert and have NO humidity here, so the Sept trips used to be difficult. There seems (to us) to be a "magical" cutoff time where the humidity begins to rise! On June 1st, during both trips, there was a noticeable increase in the humidity! Not bad, just more. In May, you are not fully into the "rainy" season. But there certainly is not any question of whether you will be able to enjoy the pools in May as opposed to December. Park hours are usually longer. And the Flower Show is beautiful!

Don't worry, I really think you will enjoy visiting in May!

We love going in May (1st and 2nd weeks only), it's our favorite time to go to the World. You should go for it! The weather is great and the crowds are not a problem.

I love May we have only been there once during this time but it was great. The crowds were pretty low and the weather was fantastic. Luckly we get to go for 12 days next May!!! :cool1:

We love going in May. The weather is warm and the crowds are not too plus you get to enjoy the Flower and Garden Show. We went in June last year and the crowds were larger. This year we are going back in May again.

Weather is great (rained only 1 day out of the 10 we were there)

Crowds are minimal. Longest wait was 1/2 hour for RnRc

Just a very pleasant trip all around.

We went in May of this year and the weather was fabulous!! We've gone during other times of the year and nothing compared to the weather we had on this trip. We also went to Epcot for the first time in 13 years and it was worth going just for the Flower and Garden Festival...beautiful!! :flower1:

We went the first week of May 2002 and it was really hot. Orlando was experiencing an unexpected heat wave. We did enjoy the Flower & Garden Show. Don't miss the Flower Power Concerts at Epcot.

Oh good for you! We went for the first time in May last year and loved it. The weather was very warm and the crowd were low. All the other reasons people mentioned above I agree with.

That said, have a lovely time planning and enjoy your trip - it's really not that far away!

Laura

We went for our honeymoon in May 2003 (the 18th-28th) the weather was beautiful, temp. was about in the 90's everyday and we had no rain at all. Crowds were not too bad either, I have seen it less crowded in November, but it was not so bad crowd-wise. I have been there between Christmas and New Years too and it was absolutely packed at that time!!

We're going in May, too --- as I understand it, it'll be a great time to go! I'm wondering weather-wise what to expect? Does it cool off considerably at night? Should we plan for shorts during the day, or pants? We're from the northeast, so we are used to cooler temps and when it gets above, say, 70 we are definitely considering that to be on the warm side.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

We went for a week in May 2004 and are going for 2 weeks this May. GREAT time to go! We had gorgeous weather.

We are going in May and then on a 4 night Disney Cruise. Its a nice time of the year to go. The highs for that time of the year are 88 or so and the lows are in the mid to upper 60's.

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter