Your thoughts on Oct BLT Waitlist?**UPDATED -WE GOT IT!!!!

MTW

Mouseketeer
We are waitlisted for Oct 18-23 for a BLT MK view or Lake view studio. Anyone have any guesses whether or not this will come through? I'm too anxious!

I do think there's a good chance simply b/c they may end up declaring more units into inventory before then. I'd still have a back up plan though.

Good luck!

I was waitlisted starting Fri 9/4 @ BLT for a 1 bedroom MK view and it came through. It was less then two weeks. I went on the website and saw that it became available. Good Luck.

Friends that we are travelling with gave up a lake view studio for those dates yesterday. When did you call? I think your chances are good.

Thanks! We waitlisted yesterday morning so hopefully something will come through...we do have a studio booked at VWL but we have stayed there before and DH (who I usually think doesn't much care) thought that we should try a new resort, which is why we were hoping for BLT. We could switch to AKL possibly, but with 2 young children thought that closer to MK would be the way to go. It's still a long time until Oct.
Thanks for the info flipflop! Hopefully that's one more studio available and even if we don't get that one, it's one more off the waitlist!

Thanks! We waitlisted yesterday morning so hopefully something will come through...we do have a studio booked at VWL but we have stayed there before and DH (who I usually think doesn't much care) thought that we should try a new resort, which is why we were hoping for BLT. We could switch to AKL possibly, but with 2 young children thought that closer to MK would be the way to go. It's still a long time until Oct.
Thanks for the info flipflop! Hopefully that's one more studio available and even if we don't get that one, it's one more off the waitlist!

Hopefully, we'll see you there! There are three families travelling together (including us) that switched to 1 bdr. BLT for those dates.

We were waitlisted for BLT standard view studio... September 17-23. We were only on the waitlist for 2-3 weeks, with a back-up ressie @ AKL. A weekly check of the member site showed that our BLT ressie came through. Hopefully yours will come through too!!!!

I got lake view today for 10/20-23 for a studio, so there may be something open now. Good luck.
Thanks! How does the waitlist work? Will it only fill the request if all dates are open? We aren't really sure how this works.
Flipflop - Hope to see you there! I am a little dissapointed that we aren't booked at BLT yet :sad2:

Thanks! How does the waitlist work? Will it only fill the request if all dates are open? We aren't really sure how this works.
Flipflop - Hope to see you there! I am a little dissapointed that we aren't booked at BLT yet :sad2:

You have it right all of your nights have to be available to fill your waitlist.

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1: I really lucked out...we are at BLT, Bay Lake View, Oct 14-22. Hope to see you there too!

fwiw, they declared more units at BLT into DVC inventory in documents dated March 6 and recorded March 13. This batch includes 7 2-br's, and 3 GV's.

fwiw, they declared more units at BLT into DVC inventory in documents dated March 6 and recorded March 13. This batch includes 7 2-br's, and 3 GV's.

How do they determine what type of room gets declared? I am really driving myself nutso and it's only been a week! It seems like everyone else is getting BLT but me :)

How do they determine what type of room gets declared? I am really driving myself nutso and it's only been a week! It seems like everyone else is getting BLT but me :)

really think you will get it. just be patience - easy to say, hard to do.

Rooms available for reservation probably are not related to the exact types of rooms declared. Maybe it's based on point values of rooms declared.(?)

For example, the first GV's that were declared were declared on March 6 2009. But I'm sure someone must have reserved a GV on points prior to that.

YEAH!!
Waitlist came through!!!!
We are booked BLT Lake View Oct 18-23.
Everybody do the happy dance!:cool1::banana::woohoo:
Now I understand why people get so excited over waitlists filling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter