Your Unpopular Opinions

I am not jealous of stay at home mums. That's what a mum is supposed to do. Some women are married to say a lawyer or a man who makes good money and they choose to work and let others raise their children. That's greedy and selfish. IMO.

Voting should be mandatory for every citizen. You pay a fine if you don't vote.

It's ridiculous that marijuana is illegal but alcohol is not.

Your views on marijuana are actually not unpopular, I would say it's the opposite. I seem to have the minority view pot should not be legal anywhere. First, this is not the same pot as the 60s and 70s stuff. It is extremely potent. More research is starting to come out about the harmful effects on the adolescent and young adult brain.

Alcohol causes far more problems today than pot, true. But that's because it's legal and is in widespread use. If pot was legal everywhere, you would hear far more stories. To me, the difference is alcohol can be used responsibly over the course of time with no harmful effects. With pot, I think for the most part the damages are more subtle, but regular use over years id very harmful- especially for that 14-25 age range or so. Sure, you can say it's illegal under 18 but by making it legal for adults you're telling kinds it's ok.

There's a reason there's s stereotype of the slacker stoner. We don't need hundreds of thousands more.

Even though I love Christmas I agree with happy holidays because at the same time we are off for New Years

Chipotle (sp) is a over priced toco bell

I love Peeps. The staler the Peep, the better it tastes. I can easily eat a box a day (12 peeps boxes, not the 4 peep boxes). I prefer to open up a box and let it "air out" for a day before I eat them. Everyone else thinks I'm gross for it.
That's the best way to eat them.

People that cry poor saying they don't have money but continue to get tattoos and smoke. One of the clerks at the part time job I have is always begging for more hours because they need the money but complains she never gets to spend time with her H and kids. Yet, she and her H both smoke and they both recently got new tattoos. Priorities people.

Your views on marijuana are actually not unpopular, I would say it's the opposite. I seem to have the minority view pot should not be legal anywhere. First, this is not the same pot as the 60s and 70s stuff. It is extremely potent. More research is starting to come out about the harmful effects on the adolescent and young adult brain.

Alcohol causes far more problems today than pot, true. But that's because it's legal and is in widespread use. If pot was legal everywhere, you would hear far more stories. To me, the difference is alcohol can be used responsibly over the course of time with no harmful effects. With pot, I think for the most part the damages are more subtle, but regular use over years id very harmful- especially for that 14-25 age range or so. Sure, you can say it's illegal under 18 but by making it legal for adults you're telling kinds it's ok.

There's a reason there's s stereotype of the slacker stoner. We don't need hundreds of thousands more.
Not picking on you because you have valid concerns but it just reminded me of my last unpopular opinion:

The concept of personal responsibility is going by the wayside. People are saying this should be banned, that should be banned. Just look at all the stuff being suggested being banned and not just here on this thread. We are being legislated into sheep. If it doesn't affect you (global you) personally, stay out of it.

Ok, here goes:

Autism is not an epidemic.

Autism is not something that needs to be cured.

If you can't afford (or don't want) to stay home and raise children for at least a few years, don't have them. Paying others to spend all day with your kids so you can work is the most idiotic thing I've heard of.

Socializing is overrated.

There is nothing wrong with Gluten. It is a healthy protein. It is the reason why people in third world countries don't starve to death.

GMOs...no big deal.

"Toxins" only build up in people with non functioning livers or kidneys. "Detoxification" remedies are a bunch of baloney.

It's okay for men to drink fruity "pink" alcoholic drinks.

"Thank you for your service" is the worst possible way to "thank a veteran." If you want to thank a Veteran, use your brain when you vote.

I don't think Disney is "overpriced" or a "money hungry corporation." I think they provide a superior product at acceptable (even bargain, all things considered) prices.

Being a SAHM IS a job, but it is also a luxury. Nothing wrong with either viewpoint.

Not picking on you because you have valid concerns but it just reminded me of my last unpopular opinion:

The concept of personal responsibility is going by the wayside. People are saying this should be banned, that should be banned. Just look at all the stuff being suggested being banned and not just here on this thread. We are being legislated into sheep. If it doesn't affect you (global you) personally, stay out of it.

The reason for it is because personal responsibility has been banned in the other way too. It used to be that if you were a slacker stoner and didn't get a job you would then not have any money, any place to live, and any food to eat. However now the government is so willing to hand things to people that you can choose to not work and still get by. I have family members that are the perfect examples of the welfare/disability familes where the only real disabilities are being too lazy and stupid to get off drugs and get a job. Its sickening. So although I do agree pot should be legal I understand why many things have to be banned because if you let people be free to make bad choices you also have to make them accept the consequences of those bad choices and not bail them out. And if that means they don't eat anything today so be it.

Ok, here goes:

If you can't afford (or don't want) to stay home and raise children for at least a few years, don't have them. Paying others to spend all day with your kids so you can work is the most idiotic thing I've heard of.

I can get behind this only only because you did not specify a gender of who has to stay home...

So one more unpopular opinion from me. Dad's should be just as respected for being a stay at home Dad as Mom's are.

If I have kids I will not be able to stay home with them. Because I make well over 3 times what my husband does. We can afford for him to stay home with them, but not for me to.

We are being legislated into sheep. If it doesn't affect you (global you) personally, stay out of it.

I generally agree. I'm conservative in most ways, libertarian a bit, and liberal a bit. Just depends on the issue. For example, yes, in general I believe government should stay out of our lives. But drug abuse does affect society as a whole. We could go the way of some countries and legalize ALL drugs, I just don't think it's best for society. A hundred years ago I may have been for it. But these days there's just way too many irresponsible people, so for the greater good I would like to curb as much stupidity as possible. I mean, we could have no traffic laws. Trust the responsibility of others?

(I'm not trying to change your mind, or anyone's for that matter. Just sharing my unpopular view...)

That outdated stereotype just kills me. All the jokes that mainstream, national media make about everyone in Colorado toking up and being high all the time. It’s mostly about edibles now, not rolling a joint and smoking it. Probably about half the people I work with use. We are a professional office, degreed people. They aren’t high at work, just like no one is drunk at work. To a lot of folks, it’s no different than having a glass of wine or martini at the end of the day. They know what their limits are. We as an adult populace just said, this is silly, our state could collect insane amounts of taxes from this, let’s legalize it. So we did.

And yes, the under 21 crowd still has to buy it in the park by my house, which may be an unsafe product. Just like kids get a hold of alcohol while underage. It will always happen.

Anyway, back to this hysterical thread of observations and opinions!

I can get behind this only only because you did not specify a gender of who has to stay home...

So one more unpopular opinion from me. Dad's should be just as respected for being a stay at home Dad as Mom's are.

If I have kids I will not be able to stay home with them. Because I make well over 3 times what my husband does. We can afford for him to stay home with them, but not for me to.

Oh, absolutely. I think men are MORE than capable of being the stay at home parent. I think more men should step up and do this, to be honest.

The posts about who is or is not closed on Thanksgiving are popping up on facebook again.
I feel it is pretty disingenuous to get so up in arms over people being denied the chance to have that one particular day off a year "to spend with family" And why pick a holiday which falls on a Thursday and is followed directly by a day when virtually every retail employee must work(other than REI's--I do like that they are closing both Thanksgiving and BlackFriday)? That means anyone who does not live very near family really has no chance to get there for a visit on the Thursday holiday anyway.

I would be right there with you if you were encouraging retailers to close for EVERY federal holiday. More so if you included one regular weekend day as well. But, you know, most of the outraged Thanksgiving folks want to shop when and where they want the other 364 days year. So the whole movement comes across as kind of hallow and band wagonish.
Plus, nobody ever complains that grocery store workers, nurses, doctors, police, firefighters, or other people who have always had to work on holidays deserve to have a day with their families. Why? Because they would be inconvenienced or denied needed services if they got the day off. If you take a retail job (or any of the former ones I mentioned) you have to expect you will be working evenings, weekends, and holidays. Why should retail workers have it easier/better than them? And I worked in retail for many years, and my DH works in retail now. We are fine with him going in on Thanksgiving if he is scheduled to do so- it is what it is.

Ok, here goes:

Autism is not an epidemic.

Autism is not something that needs to be cured.

Socializing is overrated.

There is nothing wrong with Gluten. It is a healthy protein. It is the reason why people in third world countries don't starve to death.

GMOs...no big deal.

"Toxins" only build up in people with non functioning livers or kidneys. "Detoxification" remedies are a bunch of baloney.

It's okay for men to drink fruity "pink" alcoholic drinks.

"Thank you for your service" is the worst possible way to "thank a veteran." If you want to thank a Veteran, use your brain when you vote.

I don't think Disney is "overpriced" or a "money hungry corporation." I think they provide a superior product at acceptable (even bargain, all things considered) prices.

Being a SAHM IS a job, but it is also a luxury. Nothing wrong with either viewpoint.
Mostly agree with you except the not having kids and working part. I specifically want educated, productive women to be the ones breeding the next generation! I want that female neurosurgeon to continue her important work AND I want her genes in the gene pool. But that is not how it is working.
Idiocracy here we come

Being a female and not wanting children is not "weird" or "selfish" or "wrong". Plus, people really need to stay the heck out of my reproductive habits! It is NOT okay to ask when I will be getting married or having kids!

If you choose to do a job that is open on holidays then that is on you. Work it and stop whining. If you don't want to work those hours then find something else.

You don't have to love your family. Sometimes you get stuck being related to people who are horrible. It is okay to cut them off and tell them to get out of your lives. It is also okay to have friends that are closer then your family.

Mostly agree with you except the not having kids and working part. I specifically want educated, productive women to be the ones breeding the next generation! I want that female neurosurgeon to continue her important work AND I want her genes in the gene pool. But that is not how it is working.
Idiocracy here we come

Doesn't have to be the women staying home with the kids...

I agree pot should be legalized everywhere. CO has also seen great benefits that should be recognized by the rest of the country.

While I agree with a previous poster that alcohol is not needed for a good time, in many instances it does enhance the experience. Not sloppy drunk, but a fine wine with a good meal is to be savored. And it did make Chuckie Cheese more bearable :rotfl:Same goes for a good joint, not that I have smoked since the 70's. Not necessary, but something else to be enjoyed.

Rescue people, get off everybody's back. If somebody wants a purebred dog from an ethical breeder, that is their choice and does not make them monsters. Rescue organizations would be far better off lobbying for more restrictions on puppy mills and education about backyard breeders and designer mutts than they are ridiculing people who choose to responsibly buy a dog. Get rid of irresponsible breeders and you get rid of puppies in shelters. It is not the buyer, it is the producer.

No one group owns December. There are many groups that celebrate different things, so if somebody wants to acknowledge that and say Happy Holidays, it is not attacking any one group.

And my most unpopular opinion: I prefer Universal Orlando over Disney. Universal Studios' new areas are better themed than Disney. They have better rides. And you can still experience a fun theme park vacation without having to obsessively plan 6 months out. Love staying on site with express pass.

That made me think of another one. There is very seldom a good reason to rehome an animal. And 95% of the population should never have a pet because they are too lazy or irresponsible to do a good job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter