You're here ALONE?????

OK, just today I had a CM at dining reservations say "You're going ALONE?!?! I can understand other people, but dining CRO? Come on, we're not that sparse.

The few hiccups I encountered will in no way stop me from going solo. It was the first visit where I was aware of the looks and questions of being in Disney alone. I have no trouble traveling alone. I enjoy it as much as going with family and friends.

Pat, you may be on to something. Instead of waiting 50 minutes to ride Dumbo or Peter Pan, I'm riding a Segway around WS or on the KTTK tour.

A trip to Disney just isn't a trip to Disney if I don't go solo. Going solo always affords me the opportunity to use the single riders line at Test Track and I always get asked by a Soarin castmember to fill in one extra spot before the next flight (I get this for other rides, too). And I get the FIRST ROW, on Soarin too! I've never been on Soarin with a friend or family member on the the first row.

I get extra attention from castmembers (the Jungle Cruise CM let me "drive" the boat, another tried to make me smile by bouncing a basketball off me, and yet another made me laugh by pointing out that there really was someone under the big coat I was wearing). People I don't know engage me in conversations I wouldn't have if I was with someone else. For some reason, I become a different person when I'm at WDW and that doesn't happen when I'm with a friend or family member. Bringing someone else along ruins the magic for me.:sad1:

1st solo trip I was nervous. Since, I've done 2 or 3. Doing another one this year. I love my solo trips. My wife is usually pretty great about them too. She knows how much I love Disney. I'm a park nut, which she isn't. She loves going, but once a year is enough for her. On my solo trips, I'm seriously like a kid in a candy store.

OK, just today I had a CM at dining reservations say "You're going ALONE?!?! I can understand other people, but dining CRO? Come on, we're not that sparse.

that was sad. :grouphug:

I make reservation last week for my March stay - I got told - well I should be able to find reservations for a solo traveler. Sounds like she had a bunch of request she just couldn't fill.

well she filled all of mind - make her feel good and me too!!!:banana: :cloud9:

I had to bold type that part. I'm chiming in as a solo, single traveler who
owns at BCV. :cloud9:

Sometimes I have people meet up with me, and some of the time I will be
touring solo, but I've never felt any stigma. Then again, I dine alone and
go to movies alone locally, so I guess I'm used to my independence.

OKW owner. Travel solo as I seem to be only person in family that enjoys Disney. I enjoy the family atmosphere of Disney and come 3 to 4 times a year on short 4 day trips. I guess I use it as sort of a retreat. :goodvibes

OKW owner. Travel solo as I seem to be only person in family that enjoys Disney. I enjoy the family atmosphere of Disney and come 3 to 4 times a year on short 4 day trips. I guess I use it as sort of a retreat. :goodvibes

This more and more what I use Disney for. It's not just being able to go to the parks, it's just a really nice place to spend a few days to unwind. Since I travel a lot for work, flying into MCO is relatively easy from just about anyplace in the US. Most of these times I am alone. Disney has my dollars for the next 40-something years with me being a DVC member. If I'm alone who cares? Beside I consider Mickey Bars:mickeybar :mickeybar perfectly acceptable as a breakfast food.

:rotfl2: just loved all of your posts--I'm going solo in march--and can relate to everyone of your comments,,
I'm looking forward to the do what I want to do when I want to do it routine,
looking to become a DVC member in the near future and can;t wait for that goodlooking cm to ask if I'm all alone --"why yes would you like to join me?.::rotfl:

I'm sure no one cares if you're on your own!! It's tough to be a server sometimes. If you walk up and there are 2 of you, they have to ask if that's for 2, just in case there are more. Same thing applies if there is one person. They don't actually care, I'm sure, whether or not you're alone, but they have to ask.

I recently came back from my first solo trip to Disney and I only heard 2 comments. The first was actually when I was calling CRO for Disneyland Resorts. This complete cad asked me why I was going myself and won't I get lonely. I quickly made my excuses and hung up. I called right back and got a more compassionate CM who said she thought it was cool.
The second was another guest actually heard me ask a Photopass photographer if he could take a picture with my camera for me b.c I was solo and she told me that I must be so brave and she couldn't do it.

I travel solo because my family is sick of Disney and I'm selfish. When I'm at Disney, I like to do my own thing.

I live in Orlando so I go the parks a lot alone (maybe too much) hehe. I've actually had some pretty nice conversations with Cinderella and Ariel about traveling alone and how they thought that was really fun! I think some CMs like solo travelers especially when you're in line for rides. When I was in line for Kilimanjaro Safari the CM seemed relieved that when she asked how many riders I said 1 after having to fit parties of 6 or more on that ride. Also, whenever I'm in line to meet characters, families and CMs have always been more than happy to take my pictures and chat up with me. I've have yet to have any awkward experiences going to WDW alone.

Maybe some of the people were jealous! I love my solo trips, but I have a hard time with people wanting to tag along. I felt like my December trip was a revolving door, as all sorts of friends and family came to visit for the day. It was nice on my last trip to have time to myself!

I just got back Friday from a 10 day solo trip, and I never had any problems or felt awkward. With all the conventioneers there, there are always either attendees alone, or their spouses having fun during meeting times. I have a 17 day solo trip planned for September, and I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't had a two week vacation altogether in years!

It was my experience and comfort level going solo at Disney that made it possible for me to go to England solo a couple years ago. Solo travel rocks!

Cool...Thanks for the reassurances...11 more days and I'll solo for the 1st time...Getting more excited...A little nervous, but I'm ok for the most part..
:)

Don't feel weird about going alone! Some of my favorite trips happened at Disney and elsewhere when I wasn't traveling with anyone. Going my yourself is great! You can do the single rider line and most other rides are always looking for just "one person."

If you are uncomfortable with saying you are alone, tell people that you are meeting up with others. They won't be the wiser. :)

You're here ALONE?????

Are you sure you got it correct - maybe it was YOU'RE HERE ALONE!!! damn your lucky!!

That would have been my response if I has run into you after 10 day with a special needs child and elderly mother. I'm looking forward to a trip alone one of these days.

Are you sure you got it correct - maybe it was YOU'RE HERE ALONE!!! damn your lucky!!

That would have been my response if I has run into you after 10 day with a special needs child and elderly mother. I'm looking forward to a trip alone one of these days.

If we ever cross paths, the Mickey Bar is on me! :mickeybar :grouphug:

Hey I can understand - not the special needs child - don't know to say sorry or congratulations.

the elderly mother definitley took mother to the parks for the last 20 years. She became very confused of our last trip. So can't travel anymore. She woke me up just about every night - several times a night....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter