You're taking a baby to Disney World?? Yep, we are!

I need to get to Walmart of those Road Rally PJs, my son will flip!!

If you do go with the towncar, they provide carseats at no extra cost. We went with the one that is a sponsor on this page and I can't say enough good things about them!!

So I am a park hopper kind of girl. But we stayed at the Swan/Dolphin last time so that was a part of the reason too. We knew we would be leaving the parks midafternoon most days to just relax at the hotel. So it made it easy to just head back over to Epcot if we were tired and didn't want to venture far. I liked having that flexibility. We also knew DHS wouldn't take up much time for us, we dont' do rollercoasters and it isn't our favorite park.

I just love hearing other moms talk about Dis trips!! It is so not the big dramatic experience people make it out ot be!

Oh and funny story, when we were there we were waiting for a character meet in Epcot. There was a nice couple behind us with 2 kids, maybe 7 and 5. So fairly self sufficient. They mentioned they left another son behind who was about my son's age (18months). My DH's jaw hit the floor. When we were out of earshot he went on and on about how that poor kid will see photo albums one day and realize he was left behind and be in therapy for years. Of all places to take a kid and have it be fun, Disney is #1!!

Yes, my son was born on January 9th, right on his due date. Been on time ever since. Eats at regular intervals, wakes up at the same time every morning and gets tired at the same time every night...will make planning this more simple. He's very much a morning person...wakes with a smile every day.

Yes, I can believe people asked you that about Jake. When dh was alive, we took dd to San Diego and did Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. They knew we were going these two places and still we got asked not only if we were leaving her, but why we were taking her. She was 17mo old. She was hiliarious. Was talking some. I can still see and hear her in my mind pointing at the whales saying "I see it! I see it!"

My daughter would never forgive me if I left her brother here. A girls only afternoon, sure. A week away from her brother whom she personally asked God for every day for 2 years...NO WAY! And we agree. He is the joy of our lives. I know we are going to have a blast. Heck, he smiles at every woman that talks to him so he might like the princesses as much as she does. And you certainly can't beat the price right? :rotfl:

I'm going to try to stick to their schedules. He and dd both like dinner around 5:30 and 6:30, and breakfast around between 8 and 9, so all our dinner ADR are between 5:20 and 5:40 and our breakfast ones are around 8:30. We have 3 of each. I can possibly do the parks all day without returning to the room (won't be worth returning cuz ds would be done with his nap by the time we got there), but I had better head to the exit by 7:30 cuz ds is no good past 9:00. I figure we won't see any fireworks or night time parades, but we will see lots of Christmas lights which is a bonus I wasn't expecting when I first booked the dates. Following TGM advice, I plan to plop us down for a snack and rest every day around 2 or 2:30..right near a parade route.

The pj's have Mickey on a scooter with Road Rally Racer on the shirt, so must be the same ones. They looked comfortable enough for late fall but shouldn't be too hot in Florida. Saw an adorable Lightning McQueen hat but they only had toddler size.

I got the idea for a memory book on this site of course. I got the links from the printable kid pages threads. The site mouseforless.com has everything. The pages I am going to put in ds's book have space for you to write down what the child liked, what they didn't like, what their favorite thing(s) was/were. And there was one for each park or another you could do for the trip so you can record how he likes the plane ride. I got a design from one of the designers on here RustManFan for each child that has Mickey Ears and says My first Trip to Disney World on the bottom. In one ear it has the child's name and in the other a red 2010. I am using those for the book covers.

We are flying too with my son on my lap. I have my son sit on my lap during church services so he has had experience being on my lap for 2 hours. Our flight is 90 minutes...nonstop on Southwest.

I thought about doing an early one, but don't want to get dd up that early now that she has to walk the airport. When she could be carried and/or strolled, we did it though no problem. Her first flight she didn't wake up until we went through security, on another she didn't wake up until we were at the gate and she did sleep on the plane. Jake will probably be fine. One thing I have learned is that if I am calm, my children are more than likely to be calm.

I'm not telling her a thing until the day we leave for selfish and unselfish reasons. Selfish-she'll drive us all nuts and will think of little else. In April leading up to her birthday, I got a note every day from her teacher saying she wasn't focused. What was she thinking about? Her birthday party...and it was nothing compared to this. Unselfish-in case something happens and I can't finish paying for it, I'd rather she never knew. It is hard though. Asked her one day "If you had a chance to have dinner with the Princesses, would you want to dress like a princess? (have an ADR at Akershus and 1900 Park Fare). She said, "Yeah...why?" I pointed at something and said, "Oh look at that." :laughing:

Poor ds is going to have flashbacks one day about hearing all the plans. :lmao:

Can't believe there is so little time left. :woohoo:

Oh, and we have hoppers even though I only plan to hop twice (once on Tuesday and once on Friday). I want my options open, especially since dd doesn't know about the trip. I don't think it cost anymore to upgrade once you get there though if you don't want to decide right now.

Such a coincidence they're only a day apart! Jake was a month early, he wasn't due until February 7th! That is crazy they asked you why you were taking DD to Sea World and the Zoo!! Jake took his first trip to the zoo right before he was 3 months old! Which princess will your daughter want to dress up as?

I need to get to Walmart of those Road Rally PJs, my son will flip!!

If you do go with the towncar, they provide carseats at no extra cost. We went with the one that is a sponsor on this page and I can't say enough good things about them!!

So I am a park hopper kind of girl. But we stayed at the Swan/Dolphin last time so that was a part of the reason too. We knew we would be leaving the parks midafternoon most days to just relax at the hotel. So it made it easy to just head back over to Epcot if we were tired and didn't want to venture far. I liked having that flexibility. We also knew DHS wouldn't take up much time for us, we dont' do rollercoasters and it isn't our favorite park.

I just love hearing other moms talk about Dis trips!! It is so not the big dramatic experience people make it out ot be!

Oh and funny story, when we were there we were waiting for a character meet in Epcot. There was a nice couple behind us with 2 kids, maybe 7 and 5. So fairly self sufficient. They mentioned they left another son behind who was about my son's age (18months). My DH's jaw hit the floor. When we were out of earshot he went on and on about how that poor kid will see photo albums one day and realize he was left behind and be in therapy for years. Of all places to take a kid and have it be fun, Disney is #1!!

The Road Rally PJs are adorable! I believe my cousin said she even got them on clearence for $2! I will take a pic of Jake in them next time he wears them, they look so cute on him!

We did park hoppers last year, and did 2 different parks every day. We'd go somewhere in the morning, and somewhere different in the evening. But I'm thinking maybe since this is such a short trip it's not worth it.

I cannot believe someone left their 18 month old son home while they went to Disney World!! I cannot even imagine doing that ever! Disney of all places! If you can't take your child there, where can you take them??

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday and I bought myself a birthday present...

400000024691.jpg

I can't wait for it to come in the mail!! :banana::banana::banana:

Disneyshopping.com was having a promotion, free shipping with the purchase of any costume. I already got Jakes Halloween costume last year before he was even born. I got him a really cute dinosaur costume from Babies R Us, regularly $30, the day after halloween $5!! But since shipping was $29.95:eek: and the baby Mickey Mouse halloween costume was $29.95, of course I got it instead of paying for shipping! So Jake has 2 costumes for his first Halloween. One to go trick or treating at home, and one to go trick or treating at grammy and pappys house!

102837M.jpg

I love Halloween!!

I am in! He is precious! We took our 14 month old baby girl to Disney in June. The memories & pics I got are priceless. One of the pics is my avatar. I can't wait to read more!!!

My DD (4) will be joining us for her fifth trip to Disney this November. For her very first trip, she was just one month old! We hadn't planned to take her when she was so small, but my DH was sent to Orlando for a business trip. I was home on maternity leave, so my options were to stay at home by myself with a newborn, or go to Disney with DH and have a fun trip. It was a very easy choice. The doctor said it was fine to take her, but we had to keep her covered and out of the sun.

She was a great little traveler and did fine on the plane, and she slept well in the crib at the Swan. I have great pictures of her looking up at the characters with really big eyes. The characters definitely play to little babies quite a bit.

I was surprised by how many rides she could do, even as such as small baby. We did lots of child swaps for the big rides, so we didn't feel like we missed anything. She slept through most of our dinners, so we were able to have some leisurely meals as well.

For our second trip, she was about 20 months old. She absolutely loved everything (other than dark rides!). She got a Minnie Mouse dress and wore it until it pretty much fell apart. It really was a magical trip, and I will have the memories forever.

Even though she doesn't actually remember those trips now, she loves to look back at the pictures. She FEELS like she remembers because she keeps seeing the photos and hearing the stories. Also, we have taken the same shot every year in a few locations, so it is cool to see how much she's grown and changed each year.

I can't wait to hear about all of the fun you have and to see your pictures.

Okay, I am so through. Your son's birthday is 2 days before my son's and your birthday is 2 days before mine. I turned 38 on Sunday. :rotfl:

My daughter's favorite princess is Tiana, followed by Ariel (who was the favorite by far from the time dd got into princesses, but got bumped when The Princess and the Frog came out) but I'm not sure I'm going to plop $40 down on the dress yet. She was talking about being Tiana in October, but when asked about it recently, wasn't sure. Add to it Tiana doesn't appear at either meal and is only at MK, I decided to go another route and get her a couple of very nice dresses that she can wear again later to church. I found some communion dresses at Sears.com that were adorable and marked down from $90 to $11, and ordered 2 on September 4th. I was so excited, but here we are at September 20th and they have yet to arrive. I'm thinking I missed something in my confirmation email they sent after I placed the order. If they were on backorder though, I would have noticed. They sure charged my card quick enough. I'm going to ask for my money back and go another route. I do though plan to get her a Tiana crown, wand and a shirt she can wear to meet her at MK.

For the meals, I have been looking at flowergirldressesforless.com and they have some georgeous dresses on sale. They also have the tiaras similar to the ones used at BBB for $4.95 as well as matching socks so I can get everything in one spot. Being this trip is a surprise, online shopping has been a Godsend.

So many princesses at Akershus, not sure what color dress to get. Looking at yellow, since it would match Belle (for the picture at the entrance) and shouldn't clash with any other princess there. Also considering turquoise. I found a lovely white/sky blue one for 1900 Park Fare. I buy her dresses for church perioidically, so I was able to get her opinion on the ones I was looking at without raising suspicion. :woohoo:

It's funny how there are so many different people in the world. You and I and others would never even consider going to Disney world sans children, but others do adult only trips. I'm sure they take their children at other times or I can't imagine the strife. I'm all for "me time" though between a nursing infant and a daughter still getting her footing after losing her dad, I haven't taken any. But when I think of me time, Disney World is not what comes to mind. :cool2:

jOINING IN! I so love your title. why is it that i always get that reaction when i tell people. seriously im like yes im taking him and twive within 3 months and im like whats your point? Happy belated birthday!! Im going to get that purse as a christmas gift to myself:yay:

I am in! He is precious! We took our 14 month old baby girl to Disney in June. The memories & pics I got are priceless. One of the pics is my avatar. I can't wait to read more!!!

I LOVE your avatar pic!! I'm looking at your TR right now!

My DD (4) will be joining us for her fifth trip to Disney this November. For her very first trip, she was just one month old! We hadn't planned to take her when she was so small, but my DH was sent to Orlando for a business trip. I was home on maternity leave, so my options were to stay at home by myself with a newborn, or go to Disney with DH and have a fun trip. It was a very easy choice. The doctor said it was fine to take her, but we had to keep her covered and out of the sun.

She was a great little traveler and did fine on the plane, and she slept well in the crib at the Swan. I have great pictures of her looking up at the characters with really big eyes. The characters definitely play to little babies quite a bit.

I was surprised by how many rides she could do, even as such as small baby. We did lots of child swaps for the big rides, so we didn't feel like we missed anything. She slept through most of our dinners, so we were able to have some leisurely meals as well.

For our second trip, she was about 20 months old. She absolutely loved everything (other than dark rides!). She got a Minnie Mouse dress and wore it until it pretty much fell apart. It really was a magical trip, and I will have the memories forever.

Even though she doesn't actually remember those trips now, she loves to look back at the pictures. She FEELS like she remembers because she keeps seeing the photos and hearing the stories. Also, we have taken the same shot every year in a few locations, so it is cool to see how much she's grown and changed each year.

I can't wait to hear about all of the fun you have and to see your pictures.

I'm so glad to hear you had 2 fabulous trips with your daughter!! That is an excellent idea to take pics at the same locations, I will have to do that!

Okay, I am so through. Your son's birthday is 2 days before my son's and your birthday is 2 days before mine. I turned 38 on Sunday. :rotfl:

My daughter's favorite princess is Tiana, followed by Ariel (who was the favorite by far from the time dd got into princesses, but got bumped when The Princess and the Frog came out) but I'm not sure I'm going to plop $40 down on the dress yet. She was talking about being Tiana in October, but when asked about it recently, wasn't sure. Add to it Tiana doesn't appear at either meal and is only at MK, I decided to go another route and get her a couple of very nice dresses that she can wear again later to church. I found some communion dresses at Sears.com that were adorable and marked down from $90 to $11, and ordered 2 on September 4th. I was so excited, but here we are at September 20th and they have yet to arrive. I'm thinking I missed something in my confirmation email they sent after I placed the order. If they were on backorder though, I would have noticed. They sure charged my card quick enough. I'm going to ask for my money back and go another route. I do though plan to get her a Tiana crown, wand and a shirt she can wear to meet her at MK.

For the meals, I have been looking at flowergirldressesforless.com and they have some georgeous dresses on sale. They also have the tiaras similar to the ones used at BBB for $4.95 as well as matching socks so I can get everything in one spot. Being this trip is a surprise, online shopping has been a Godsend.

So many princesses at Akershus, not sure what color dress to get. Looking at yellow, since it would match Belle (for the picture at the entrance) and shouldn't clash with any other princess there. Also considering turquoise. I found a lovely white/sky blue one for 1900 Park Fare. I buy her dresses for church perioidically, so I was able to get her opinion on the ones I was looking at without raising suspicion. :woohoo:

It's funny how there are so many different people in the world. You and I and others would never even consider going to Disney world sans children, but others do adult only trips. I'm sure they take their children at other times or I can't imagine the strife. I'm all for "me time" though between a nursing infant and a daughter still getting her footing after losing her dad, I haven't taken any. But when I think of me time, Disney World is not what comes to mind. :cool2:

That's a great idea to get dresses she will be able to wear again! Either yellow or blue will look beautiful! Have you ever been in Claire's? I think that's where I got my flower girl's tiara. It was adorable and pretty inexpensive!

My "me time" is laying in bed at night reading after Jake's gone to sleep. And disboarding of course!:thumbsup2

I'm sorry about your husband.:hug: I can't even imagine what your daughter, you, and your family are going through.

jOINING IN! I so love your title. why is it that i always get that reaction when i tell people. seriously im like yes im taking him and twive within 3 months and im like whats your point? Happy belated birthday!! Im going to get that purse as a christmas gift to myself:yay:

I love that people here don't think I'm crazy!:)

I decided to cancel the purse order... one thing that you will learn about me through my PTR is that I'm very indecisive! I can't help it! :confused3

I have way too many ADRs and I need some help narrowing them down.

November 14th
2:10 Mama Melrose
4:10 Prime Time
5:00 Les Chefs De France

Ok, as I said in my earlier post this first day will either be at Epcot for F&W or Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic. I'm leaning toward Hollywood Studios. So which restaurant do you like better, Mama Melrose or Prime Time? Fantasmic starts at 6:30, so I'm thinking we might be running from Prime Time to Fantasmic? And I definately want to see the Osborne lights.

Should I try to make it for the Hollywood and Vine character breakfast? Or is it not really that exciting?

November 15
Magic Kingdom Day!
My ONLY must do dining for this trip is Crystal Palace. So I have a breakfast and lunch ADR this day. I hate to hang on to both, but I hate to wake up Jake early for breakfast if he wants to sleep in, and I hate to keep him at the parks at lunchtime if he's ready for a nap then. So I have reservations for 9:15 and 12:50.

Then for dinner, Main Street Electrical Parade starts at 7:00. I have 2 different dinner reservations. Tony's at 5:15 and Kona at 5:00. I think I would much rather do Kona, but I'm nervous that we will miss the parade. So I'm thinking Tony's might be the better choice. What do you think?

November 16th
We're planning on doing Animal Kingdom this morning. We have an 8:20 reservation for Tusker Houes. Anybody ever been there? Thoughts? I'd like to get out of there, go ride the safari, and then go see Festival of the Lion King. If those are the only 2 things we do while we're at Animal Kingdom, I'm fine with it!

I have a 2:30 and 5:30 Kona reservation this day too, incase we don't go the day before. However, I'm hoping Jake will be napping around this time and we can't make it, that way he's awake and refreshed for MVMCP!

November 17th
The original plan was one day at each park, so this would be Epcot day (or HS maybe). But, I'm thinking I would be ok with skipping Epcot all together for another day at Magic Kingdom, but we'll probably wait until that morning to decide. If we do go to Magic Kingdom, I was lucky enough to find a 5:10 Ohana reservation... our FAVORITE place! However if we're at Epcot or HS, we're going to skip it. I also have another Prime Time and Les Chefs reservation for that day.

Am I missing any ther "must dos"? Which reservations would you cancel?

Thanks! I cried my eyes out!!! My all time favorite pic! Enjoy the read!

Oh I just found the part of your TR with Cinderella. OMG, so sweet! I'm in tears. I hope we meet some really nice characters with Jake. I'm going to have to show those pics to anybody who asks me why I would take a baby to Disney World! :lovestruc

Oh I just found the part of your TR with Cinderella. OMG, so sweet! I'm in tears. I hope we meet some really nice characters with Jake. I'm going to have to show those pics to anybody who asks me why I would take a baby to Disney World! :lovestruc

I was sobbing, and now you know why! And feel free to share! THAT is why I will bring a baby to Disney! She won't remember, but I always will & I can never get that moment again! I hope & pray that Jake gets wonderful character experiences. I did notice that if they have characters on their clothing or hats, in Jake's case, the characters take much more notice with them. And all the characters love babies! Be sure to get the "My 1st visit" button for him!

I think the characters do such a fantastic job with little ones! They know they could get a super bad reaction so they approach slowly and I had a few instances where my son was looking unsure and the character just sort of stood behind us for the photo and that was perfect! Not one negative experience with the characters or CMs, sincerely!:cloud9:

Since you are going during F&W one thing I will say is we only planned one Epcot meal (Rose and Crown at a perfect time for Illuminations, on my birthday!!!:banana:) The rest of the time we were in Epcot (which was a lot, it's our favorite park and we stayed at the Swan so easy access) we just hit the different food kiosks. No way we could have done meals and all the sampling we did. Just something to keep in mind!

Tusker House was the one ADR we ended up cancelling last time (we knew it was going to be too early for us to get up and moving) and I regret it. I have heard such great stuff about the breakfast there and my DS loves Donald. Next time for sure!!

I was sobbing, and now you know why! And feel free to share! THAT is why I will bring a baby to Disney! She won't remember, but I always will & I can never get that moment again! I hope & pray that Jake gets wonderful character experiences. I did notice that if they have characters on their clothing or hats, in Jake's case, the characters take much more notice with them. And all the characters love babies! Be sure to get the "My 1st visit" button for him!

I have a couple Mickey Mouse shirts that I'm planning on wearing on him while in Disney! I will most definately get him a "My 1st visit" button!!

I think the characters do such a fantastic job with little ones! They know they could get a super bad reaction so they approach slowly and I had a few instances where my son was looking unsure and the character just sort of stood behind us for the photo and that was perfect! Not one negative experience with the characters or CMs, sincerely!:cloud9:

Since you are going during F&W one thing I will say is we only planned one Epcot meal (Rose and Crown at a perfect time for Illuminations, on my birthday!!!:banana:) The rest of the time we were in Epcot (which was a lot, it's our favorite park and we stayed at the Swan so easy access) we just hit the different food kiosks. No way we could have done meals and all the sampling we did. Just something to keep in mind!

Tusker House was the one ADR we ended up cancelling last time (we knew it was going to be too early for us to get up and moving) and I regret it. I have heard such great stuff about the breakfast there and my DS loves Donald. Next time for sure!!

The last day for F&W is the first day of our vacation, so if we don't go to Epcot the first day, we'll miss it. So I'm not sure what we're going to do!

I'm excited for Tusker House, but as with all of our breakfast ADRs, it depends on Jake. He usually wakes up anywhere between 6 and 9, so hopefully we'll make it!

Wow, your trip is upon us. I know you must be so excited because I sure am.

How is Jake? From looking at my son I am sure he must be growing like a weed. I look at my son and feel like all he does is grow even though he doesn't eat much. He's actually shown no interest in meets (Gerber dinners) at all. Still only does fruits and veggies. He does take juice from a cup and formula and still nurses.

I am so looking forward to this trip. Even though I will be getting up early everyday, (My darling son has not slept past 7am on any day of his nearly 10 months) I am looking forward to not going to work, not fighting traffic, not having to do homework and study for tests with dd and just hanging out with my children absent the daily grind.

Now my daughter on the other hand, I'm hoping being at Disney will motivate her to get up in the morning. Interesting life I have, one child is a night owl and the other is a morning person.

I hope you have a great time.

I'm excited to hear your report too! :) I want to hear what it's like to take a young baby to DW! :) :cheer2:

I hope I am not too late to join in. It is such fun to read about babies' first trips to Disney. I am sure your little boy will have the best time. We are taking our boys for their second trip in December, so we get a lot of "You're taking two babies, again??" Yep, we are!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter