YVR - MCO pricing?

sasamong

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody!!!

I've been lurking for.. well.. a LONG time.... LOL!.

Long story short.. My hubby and I have been to the magical place in Orlando a couple of years back and since then.. I've upgraded to becoming a mother (got married too but that's :offtopic:).

I've been doing research and what not about visiting Disney with a toddler and decided it's probably best to fly out of Vancouver instead of driving down to Seattle (although currently.. it's more expensive to fly out of Seattle anyway).

I currently see ~$385 plus tax per person RT. Is this an 'okay' price ? How much did you pay for your tickets?

My plan is to leave on Oct.29 and return Nov. 12 (might stay a couple days later if that's what it takes for me and my little to experience christmas disney magic).

Thoughts? Tips? Tricks? (ANYTHING!!!!) haha

EDIT: Forgot to add that my little one would be 18 months old.

Last edited:
Hi there, the taxes out of YVR are high. We booked our flights at the end of last July for our upcoming spring break trip Feb. 27-Mar. 18, 2016, leaving on a Sat and coming back on a Fri (peak days). We paid $677.07 CDN (all taxes & fees incl) per person.

We are not flying direct. The times are pretty important to me as I have 2 young children (4 & 8), so I didn't want to do any red-eye flights. Our connections are not bad.

Outbound: YVR (8 am)-DFW-MCO
Inbound: MCO-PHX-YVR

Sounds like a reasonable price (at least based on what it normally costs to fly my family from Calgary to MCO).

You should be ok for Xmas, as the transition from it to Halloween happens pretty quickly after Oct 31.

That's pretty good. I paid $813 taxes in per person for Victoria to MCO this passed Nov. Looking at flight now we can go for about $550, put the hotel & Foo is much more due to the sagging C$.

Sounds like a decent price to me. We also fly out of YVR; on Black Friday we got direct flights from YVR to Maui for this coming May for $380pp incl taxes. This is a fantastic price and I liken it to Orlando as the flight time is about the same (perhaps a bit less). We never fly out of Seattle; despite what many think and have told me, we have yet to find it worth it. YVR is actually a bigger airport than SEA, therefore you are more likely to get direct flights (flying from Seattle it's harder to find direct flights to, well, anywhere!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter