• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ZERO 11 month available at CCV ?

.......... to guess that it could be closing for a refurbishment.............. if indeed it wasn't being deliberately held for some legitimate reason.

Oh good grief. Do they even process what they are saying? Do they know it's a timeshare and can't just be randomly shut down? (oh wait - strike that last comment.......:rolleyes:)

But sad to hear that they think either of those things could be the possibility vs the most likely - a mistake made by them or a glitch.

DVC created the ecosystem at CCV where walking becomes necessary to secure more popular and lower point room types. A way to stop walking would have been for DVC to set up a well balanced resort in the first place. They didn't because they could make more profit from point heavy cabins. They don't particularly care.
Totally agree with you. But in this case, even the point heavy cabins and Grand Villas are also completely booked solid at the 11 month window.

Totally agree with you. But in this case, even the point heavy cabins and Grand Villas are also completely booked solid at the 11 month window.

Agreed. It smells odd. Those cabins shouldn't be full at 11 months. My comment was more a response to DVCsloth wishing Disney would prevent walking.

Last edited:

Probably some sort of glitch, but I have been watching CCV since September and it has been very low availability. Not only walking but October disappeared right at 11 months. The walkers show up as the first day at 11 months is gone but shows up a few days later. I wish DVC could find a way to stop the walking. I don't even bother for early December anymore at both of my home resorts VGF and CCV. We usually alternate between the 2 resorts and between Studios and 1 BR.
I tried to book CCV right at 11 months for a 3 day weekend in May 2022…..no availability. CCV really is just getting too hard to book. Thank goodness we use our fixed week in December.

We had planned a big trip to take my godson to Disney over that weekend in October and were planning to book a Grand Villa. Because I was concerned about availability, I decided to walk it. As of 10/5, I was actually surprised that there was still decent availability (even studios available). However, I encountered this very problem noted here Saturday evening when I went to move the reservation forward - the Grand Villas disappeared the day *after* I had held, and I couldn’t move the reservation forward - which shouldn’t be possible, as I had the prior days held. But I also noted every single room type is booked as of 10/5. Agree something isn’t right here, and I hope this is fixed because I’m really sad we can’t book the WL for this trip.

Too early for a soft goods refurb?

There has been no refurb announced for CCV and those for the next couple years are already announced. Moreover, DVC would not do a refurb at CCV that would close everything at once. Refurbs are typically done a section of the resort at a time so rooms are still available during the refurb, e.g., DVC would not do all the cabins at once.

As I mentioned above, this same problem happened with Kidani for a week in May 2022 and it was a glitch. Mentioned above are calls to MS where the MS personnel have insisted CCV is shown as full because it could be a refurb or that it is just reservations. That is the same responses I got when I called about AKV. The MS personnel seem to lack any knowledge of the reality of how reservations and refurbs typically work, e.g., when I called about Kidani they insisted that Kidani must have actually been filled with reservations when throughout the history of Kidani it has never filled completely for a week at 11-months out, many of its rooms are usually open even at 7-months out much of the year, and at the time other resorts and even Jambo were shown as open. Despite MS's insistence at the time that Kidani must be full, I finally got a manger to agree to contact the IT group to see if there was a glitch, and shortly thereafter every member must have cancelled the reservations MS insisted had occurred because the rooms suddenly became open.

Last edited:
There has been no refurb announced for CCV and those for the next couple years are already announced. Moreover, DVC would not do a refurb at CCV that would close everything at once. Refurbs are typically done a section of the resort at a time so rooms are still available during the refurb, e.g., DVC would not do all the cabins at once.

As I mentioned above, this same problem happened with Kidani for a week in May 2022 and it was a glitch. Mentioned above is calls to MS where the MS personnel have insisted CCV is shown as full because it could be a refurb or that it is just reservations. That is the same responses I got when I called about AKV. The MS personnel seem to lack any knowledge of the reality of how reservations and refurbs typically work, e.g., when I called about Kidani they insisted that Kidani must have actually been filled with reservations when throughout the history of Kidani it has never filled completely for a week at 11-months out, many of its rooms are usually open even at 7-months out much of the year, and at the time other resorts and even Jambo were shown as open. Despite MS's insistence at the time that Kidani must be full, I finally got a manger to agree to contact the IT group to see if there was a glitch, and shortly thereafter every member must have cancelled the reservations MS insisted had occurred because the rooms suddenly became open.
Yeah, when I chatted with MS yesterday, she was pretty insistent that reservations are being all booked up by members or guaranteed weeks. She discounted my suggestion of the possibility of an IT issue immediately. Not sure if that’s just part of their training. It’ll be interesting to see how long this goes for. Right now it’s 10/5 +9. I really feel bad for people planning trips for this time.

I'm shaking my head at the guaranteed week theory MS is throwing out. The availability falls off a cliff on Oct 5 (a Wednesday). How is availability suddenly disappearing in the middle of the week tied to guaranteed weeks? The refurb excuse is even worse. Did that CM not even realize that there is a difference between CCV and BRV????

I've had so many issues with various aspects of Disney planning lately that were obvious IT glitches. Yet, when you call or chat online, they refuse to even acknowledge there's even a chance it's their systems and tell you things just aren't available. Then magically - poof! - a week or so later everything appears. It's really getting old when things are supposed to be booked on a certain date and Disney's crappy IT systems won't allow it. Then it becomes dumb luck if you happen to be online when they do finally fix whatever is screwed up.

Yeah, when I chatted with MS yesterday, she was pretty insistent that reservations are being all booked up by members or guaranteed weeks. She discounted my suggestion of the possibility of an IT issue immediately. Not sure if that’s just part of their training. It’ll be interesting to see how long this goes for. Right now it’s 10/5 +9. I really feel bad for people planning trips for this time.

I think the frontline CMs have no idea and of course go to the must be booked, guaranteed weeks, etc. because honestly, that’s all they have access to. They probably don’t see any internal workings of it all.

So, I think emails and requests when chatting and calling to file an IT report is what we all need to do because it is obvious it’s not one of those reasons.

Last edited:
so what the CM want me to believe is that 24 cabins (and the entire resort of CCV) are being walked so far in advance that an entire week after the 11-month window is gone, yet standard view studios at VGF, Riviera, BWV (standard and boardwalk view), and values at AKV are only gone for the current 11-month day over columbus day weekend? Add in that with walking, dates release behind as walkers move forward, and that isnt happening either, as I've been refreshing every 10 minutes since 8AM just to see if anything populates behind the blocked out dates.

BLT standard view is blocked out for 2 days into the 11-month window and AKV Concierge for 3 - being the next longest to what is happening at the entire CCV resort.

CM can't really believe what they are telling us can they?

so what the CM want me to believe is that 24 cabins (and the entire resort of CCV) are being walked so far in advance that an entire week after the 11-month window is gone, yet standard view studios at VGF, Riviera, BWV (standard and boardwalk view), and values at AKV are only gone for the current 11-month day over columbus day weekend? Add in that with walking, dates release behind as walkers move forward, and that isnt happening either, as I've been refreshing every 10 minutes since 8AM just to see if anything populates behind the blocked out dates.

BLT standard view is blocked out for 2 days into the 11-month window and AKV Concierge for 3 - being the next longest to what is happening at the entire CCV resort.

CM can't really believe what they are telling us can they?

Believe? Probably not. Need to give a standard answer? Yes.

I just talked to tech support - the option you select for help with DVC website - and she verified that she could see that Copper Creek had no availability beginning on Oct. 5th. She agreed that it must be a technical problem and said she would forward screen shots up to the next level of tech support. She couldn't say how or when they might respond though... Hopefully it won't take too many more days to be corrected.

I just talked to tech support - the option you select for help with DVC website - and she verified that she could see that Copper Creek had no availability beginning on Oct. 5th. She agreed that it must be a technical problem and said she would forward screen shots up to the next level of tech support. She couldn't say how or when they might respond though... Hopefully it won't take too many more days to be corrected.

Thanks for the legwork on this

Fair enough haha...sometimes, I'd just appreciate them saying, I have no clue what the heck is happening right now.

I know...it would probably be a better answer to just say "Interesting...let me look into it". At least it sounds like those in IT can see it looks strange and working on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter