Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Its terrible that one of your favorites had such a bad go this time around! I wouldn't be able to handle that iPad issue either and probably would have rudely said something to the parents as I'm over that type of behavior at this point.

Then to forget your appetizer, ignore your mushroom request and such sound like server problems over kitchen problems. I have a feeling she wasn't paying attention to you when ordering! Then for your husband's food to be overcooked - off night for sure! At least bread and dessert were good!

Ooh, that's disappointing. We had planned to go back there in a couple weeks and I was really looking forward to the scallops. Looks like a tiny portion!. I had the shrimp and pasta the last time and wasn't wild about it because it was way overcooked and I hate soggy pasta. I may rethink this one now.

We prettied ourselves up.

Very nice face paint ::yes::

Or at least some of us did.

And hopped in our carriage over to the Grand Floridian.

Aw, sweet picture :lovestruc

After 5 minutes of me making loud sarcastic remarks didn’t get them to turn it down, we asked to be moved.

Good for you. That is just super rude. I don't understand sometimes how parents can be completely oblivious to their kid's obnoxious behavior. If anything, I was more sensitive to that stuff when we were out in public :sad2:

For an appetizer we decided on their Crispy Rhode Island Calamari.
❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
Doesn’t that look just beautiful? Oh my bad, we never even received it.

What?? Not cool.

And the ugly…Despite me asking for them on the side there were the grossest food known to man, the only food I will not eat, the one, the only MUSHROOMS in there.

OMG, you were just not having a good night here.

While our desserts were great we were definitely disappointed in this meal. Between the appetizer that never came, MUSHROOMS (did I mentioned I didn’t like them?), overcooked shrimp/pasta, and the drive-in movie i-pad atmosphere this meal certainly left a lot to be desired. We could have dealt with any of these things in isolation, but cumulatively they built up. We did save $38.65 with our tables in Wonderland card but it will be a while before we go back again. For bread and dessert only 2 Forky’s will be given.

Thank goodness for almond cheesecake. I've thought about going here but I don't love seafood and based on this, there are far better places to go anyway.

This one will keep you glued to the screen.

:rotfl:

I was on the edge of my seat when she dropped her stuffed animal :P

Who brings their kid to a signature restaurant and lets them blast their ipad for every diner to hear?! :sad2: Not everyone's philosophy, but I've got two young kids and I love to go to signature restaurants, but I know they are loud and rowdy so I wouldn't interfere with someone else's dinner by taking them. The ipad noise is no different than them hooting and hollering (in my opinion).

Despite the appetizer's mysterious disappearance and the mushrooms in the entree, both your desserts looked amazing. I'm glad the meal ended on a high note with those tasty dishes.

Tried Narcoosee's on 3 occasions now and have had either service or food blunders each time. It's off our list for now. Sorry you also had a not so great experience. Loved Casey's recap (and face paint) though!

I HATE when people use their devices in public without headphones!!! Riding on the train, which is already loud and annoying on its own with people who have their sound all the way up enrages me, but in a beautiful signature restaurant atmosphere, that is so much worse!! Shame on the parents.

Doesn’t that look just beautiful? Oh my bad, we never even received it. Our waiter felt bad and brought us another round of drinks on the house.
I'm sure you'd rather have had what you actually ordered, but yay for drinks on the house!

Despite me asking for them on the side there were the grossest food known to man, the only food I will not eat, the one, the only MUSHROOMS in there.

🍄🤮 I'm totally with you on this one. Nasty fungus!

Sorry that your dinner wasn't what you were looking for.

I don't understand how oblivous some people can be. At least you had wine to take back with you to the room. ;)

We were seated quickly but immediately kept hearing loud noises that we couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. Turns out the kid seated at the table that was right above us (Narcoossee’s has a second level about 3 steps up) had his ipad on the railing facing our table and it was blasting something. His parents were blissfully unaware and apparently so attuned to themselves that they couldn’t even bother to bring headphones. After 5 minutes of me making loud sarcastic remarks didn’t get them to turn it down, we asked to be moved.
You are so much nicer than I am....I would have marched right over to the table and asked them to turn it off. What is with some people????
We also got some of Narcoossee’s amazing sourdough bread and butter.
It is delicious!
or an appetizer we decided on their Crispy Rhode Island Calamari.
❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
Doesn’t that look just beautiful? Oh my bad, we never even received it.
Seriously?? They were really off their game.
First the good, the scallops and gnocchi were both seared to perfection but there were only 4 scallops and just a few more gnocchi. Now the bad. There were just way too many peas in here and while the lemon sauce was delicious like Nomad’s there wasn’t much truffle going on in there. And the ugly…Despite me asking for them on the side there were the grossest food known to man, the only food I will not eat, the one, the only MUSHROOMS in there. Like any good parent I picked them out and gave them to my child, but sheesh. Strike 2.
4 scallops?? What are they....nuggets of solid gold? that's a bit skimpy.
I am thrilled to say this was creamy, crunchy, cheesy, cherry and almond perfection. Pure heaven.
That does look wonderful!
Jason went with the Narcoossee’s Candy Bar with Dark Chocolate-Mocha Bar with House-made Guanaja Chocolate Gelato.
Bill and I split that 4 years ago and we could not finish it. So good though!
For bread and dessert only 2 Forky’s will be given.
2 Forkys is generous!

haha! If I can do it anyone can do it!!! Where are you guys staying? I’m in the land of will change my resort 5 times before then..but currently at the boardwalk
Anyone but me you mean :P I think we'll end up in the moving lots camp with you as we've already changed once. Started at Coronado but at AKL right now. The military rates we usually book are no where near as good as they were. Thinking we'll get AP's again and hopeful that will make it cheaper and maybe get us to an Epcot resort because I'll need all the food and wine.

omg this is the absolute worst!!! We are 100% in the give a kid an iPad camp, but I always have headphones and if not she isn’t getting the iPad! I legit can not deal with this! I find it so inconsiderate! I could go on but I think you get the idea.
Same with us! Though in a restaurant we don't even let Casey watch videos and she has to play games with the sounds down. If only all parents were more like us!

Such a bummer when an old favorite disappoints. Hopefully it was just an off night for them. I've never tried Narcoossee's but would like to some day … I think?
I can't believe you haven't been there. I would have figured you'd eaten just about everywhere. I think you should give Narcoossee's a whirl just go to the bar and have nothing but that almond cheesecake for dessert! That they could never mess up

I am so disappointed to hear about your dinner at Narcoossee's :( It has been on my bucket list for years and my husband and I were thinking of going there for our anniversary this May. I have had my eye on that pasta dish Jason had and dream of it every time I read in your reports of getting it
If its your anniversary meal I don't think I'd go there. Its just too hit or miss. Plus when I looked at the menu online it appears the dish Jason got is no more. Which is odd b/c that had been on the menu forever

'm really reconsidering our options now... Maybe hubby gets his wish and we got to California Grill again...
I'd definitely go to CG over Narcoossee's. I'd also give Jiko some serious consideration. That would be where i'd wanna go for our anniversary.

God don't you just love considerate parents! Seriously-how hard is it to bring a set of earphones so everyone has a good time! Some people have a really hard time comprehending that they are actually not the centre of everyone else's universe :confused3
I really do. They are just the best. I wish there were more parents in the world like this set. The universe really would just be better off for it :earboy2:

Glad your desserts were great, shame about the rest of the meal and hey, I didn't know you hated mushrooms! I mean I don't think you've ever mentioned that fact! Ever!! We are clearly twins separated at birth as I too hate those hideoous, taste like dirt, vegetable 😋
I really should mention that I hate mushrooms in my intros or something. Clearly people do not know this and everyone would just be better off for it.

At least I'm no longer alone in the mushroom club. @ariane37 used to firmly be there with me but she's a traitor and joined the mushroom dark side.

Love Casey's vlog -that girl knows how to make both face paint and candy last the distance. :rotfl::)
If she could figure out a way to sleep in the face paint and keep it going for one more day she would!

So sad that Narcoossees wasn't that great! That almond crusted cheesecake looks delicious though!
Thankfully the cheesecake saved us from an otherwise disastrous meal.

I would have done the same thing. Clearly, they have not watched our Disney Etiquette vlog...LOL!
Clearly! That really should be mandatory watching before anyone is allowed to pass through the WDW gates

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy this because it had those dreaded fungi on it!!! I would have sent it back...Because that's the kind of witch I am. LOL!
I wanted to send it back but nice Jason didn't want to send his pasta back so I felt bad. Plus at least my unpicky kid would eat them

She's a natural. get that kid on tv!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤
I keep telling you, Jen, Joe, and Casey Jo on the Go is gonna become a thing!

I had to refresh my Nook to make sure that photo loaded correctly. Wow
Oh its correct and obscenely large!

This dish might get me to like Cauliflower. We haven't been to AK the last couple of trips but at least I now know where to eat lunch.
You should definitely try it. If you don't like cauliflower like this you are definitely never gonna like it

OK I am So disappointed in your Narcoossee's meal! Ugh so many complains the last few months but our visits are always awesome. That IPAD though :headache: I also would have been complaining loudly, probably embarrassing the boys, and then asking to move.

Despite me asking for them on the side there were the grossest food known to man, the only food I will not eat, the one, the only MUSHROOMS in there
:laughing:
I called ahead and told them no matter how nicely you asked, not to make any mushroom allowances for you.
Correction this had been one of our favorites, but in this case both the pasta and shrimp were overcooked so it really wasn’t enjoyable. Strike 3!
Damn I never had overcooked pasta with that and I've gotten it like the last 5 visits :( So sad
At least I'm no longer alone in the mushroom club. @ariane37 used to firmly be there with me but she's a traitor and joined the mushroom dark side.
Oops I did it again at Il Mulino in January too :poop:

We also got some of Narcoossee’s amazing sourdough bread and butter.

I could live on sourdough bread alone! Yum!!

Sorry the rest of the meal wasn't stellar...at those prices you hope for more!! The desserts looked good though. I love the video!

Its terrible that one of your favorites had such a bad go this time around! I wouldn't be able to handle that iPad issue either and probably would have rudely said something to the parents as I'm over that type of behavior at this point.
It really was just a bad experience overall. I tend to be pretty outspoken but me and my mouth also tends to embarrass my introverted husband so sometimes I just let the passive aggression rule the day.

Then to forget your appetizer, ignore your mushroom request and such sound like server problems over kitchen problems. I have a feeling she wasn't paying attention to you when ordering! Then for your husband's food to be overcooked - off night for sure! At least bread and dessert were good!
I think it was just a bad night for everyone in the restaurant. I don't remember the specifics but the table next to us was complaining about their meal too. But hey it only cost like $150 so it can all be overlooked :P

Ooh, that's disappointing. We had planned to go back there in a couple weeks and I was really looking forward to the scallops. Looks like a tiny portion!. I had the shrimp and pasta the last time and wasn't wild about it because it was way overcooked and I hate soggy pasta. I may rethink this one now.
The scallops portion was small but it would probably be ok for one person. Just not enough for the two of us to share.

We've loved the shrimp and pasta for years but clearly from your experience and ours they are having some issues.

Good for you. That is just super rude. I don't understand sometimes how parents can be completely oblivious to their kid's obnoxious behavior. If anything, I was more sensitive to that stuff when we were out in public :sad2:
I know I am the exact same way. I always wanted to ensure my kid wasn't taking away from anyone elses experience not ensure that my kid was as distracted from me as possible :P

Thank goodness for almond cheesecake. I've thought about going here but I don't love seafood and based on this, there are far better places to go anyway.
There are definitely much better places to go. For seafood Flying Fish is the far superior experience and since you don't love it just go anywhere else :D

I was on the edge of my seat when she dropped her stuffed animal :P
Weren't we all. I really was fearful there that perhaps it wasn't going to make it

Who brings their kid to a signature restaurant and lets them blast their ipad for every diner to hear?! :sad2: Not everyone's philosophy, but I've got two young kids and I love to go to signature restaurants, but I know they are loud and rowdy so I wouldn't interfere with someone else's dinner by taking them. The ipad noise is no different than them hooting and hollering (in my opinion).
Parents who paid a lot of money for their vacation and deserve nothing but the best of course :earboy2: I'm with you on the ipad being just as bad as if the kids were poorly behaved as I'm guessing that ipad is the only reason that kid was neither hootin' nor hollerin'. I get its Disney but its still a signature restaurant and should be treated as such.

Despite the appetizer's mysterious disappearance and the mushrooms in the entree, both your desserts looked amazing. I'm glad the meal ended on a high note with those tasty dishes.
Yes thankfully dessert totally saved our meal.

So they forgot your appetizer and just...never brought it? What the Forky? 🤨
Yep. We didn't realize we weren't going to get it until our entrees should up. What the forky indeed!

Tried Narcoosee's on 3 occasions now and have had either service or food blunders each time. It's off our list for now. Sorry you also had a not so great experience. Loved Casey's recap (and face paint) though!
Sounds like its off both of our lists. We've had service issues in the past but the food always kept us coming back. After this trip it will definitely be a while until we give it another whirl.

I HATE when people use their devices in public without headphones!!! Riding on the train, which is already loud and annoying on its own with people who have their sound all the way up enrages me, but in a beautiful signature restaurant atmosphere, that is so much worse!! Shame on the parents.
Even on the train! I would have thought that people would be a bit more considerate there since everyone is commuting together. Clearly not everyone is as kind and considerate as Miller Lite loving ladies :earboy2:

I'm sure you'd rather have had what you actually ordered, but yay for drinks on the house!
A small concession but who am I to turn down a free drink :drinking1

🍄🤮 I'm totally with you on this one. Nasty fungus!
Welcome to the ❌🍄 Club! Hey @luvpoohandcompany we've got another member!

Sorry that your dinner wasn't what you were looking for.

I don't understand how oblivous some people can be. At least you had wine to take back with you to the room. ;)
But we had to buy the wine at the store in the GF so we didn't even have that 😭

You are so much nicer than I am....I would have marched right over to the table and asked them to turn it off. What is with some people????
Pretty sure I've never been accused of being nice :P but since I've been known to embarrass my family before I usually go the passive aggressive route.

Seriously?? They were really off their game.
They truly were. Between the service and kitchen it was just a mess

4 scallops?? What are they....nuggets of solid gold? that's a bit skimpy.
Maybe they were gold? Perhaps I should have tried to get cash for them instead of eat them and dinner could have been saved :D

2 Forkys is generous!
True! Were it not for that dessert it would have been a big ole 1 or even 0

The best part of the video is who IS Casey talking to exactly? Who is them? Gwen thought that was hilarious.
Don't you know she is talking to you? She thinks that as soon as she makes a video it goes on YouTube and her legions of followers start consuming it immediately

OK I am So disappointed in your Narcoossee's meal! Ugh so many complains the last few months but our visits are always awesome. That IPAD though :headache: I also would have been complaining loudly, probably embarrassing the boys, and then asking to move.
We've always been happy there too, hence us returning time and time again but this was just bad. Think we'll lay off for a while and give them time to turn their Ipads off and get their act together

I called ahead and told them no matter how nicely you asked, not to make any mushroom allowances for you.
Oh that was so nice of you! When they say travel agents really go that extra mile now I know what they are talking about

Damn I never had overcooked pasta with that and I've gotten it like the last 5 visits :( So sad
This was probably the 5th or 6th time we've had this and it was a first for us too. Jason should have sent it back, but unlike his wife he doesn't like to cause a scene

I could live on sourdough bread alone! Yum!!
You and me both!

Sorry the rest of the meal wasn't stellar...at those prices you hope for more!! The desserts looked good though. I love the video!
At least the dessert and some Casey saved the day

I am thrilled to say this was creamy, crunchy, cheesy, cherry and almond perfection. Pure heaven.
At least they haven't messed up this fantastic dessert. :)

We gave Narcoossees two chances and that is enough for us. The first time we had good food, except for the shrimp dish, which wasn't my favorite. The second time I just ordered soup and salad and ate part of my husband's entree. I think we only returned for the almond cheesecake. :)

I can't believe they never brought you the appetizer. Did the server ask if you still wanted it? Especially since you were sharing your meal with Casey.

We went to Narcoossees once, 10 years ago and haven't been back.

Narcoossee's was a weird dinner for us too. That's super annoying about the iPad. People were really very oblivious when we were down there.

Anyone but me you mean :P I think we'll end up in the moving lots camp with you as we've already changed once. Started at Coronado but at AKL right now. The military rates we usually book are no where near as good as they were. Thinking we'll get AP's again and hopeful that will make it cheaper and maybe get us to an Epcot resort because I'll need all the food and wine.

I have just over a month to convince you... I feel lately we always end up at Epcot resorts, I just have a hard time convincing myself to stay else where. But ugh the current price is insane!!

Same with us! Though in a restaurant we don't even let Casey watch videos and she has to play games with the sounds down. If only all parents were more like us!
I mean they should all be like us we are pretty fabulous!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter