Ziplock Bags

*Valdez*

Mouseketeer
We all know there is a ton of information out there with the uses of ziplock bags, but it can be hard to locate all that info.

What tips do you have for the use of ziplock bags?

Our List so far:

Keep Wallet, phone, autograph book and tickets dry while on Water rides or in the rain
Put your wet umbrella in it, so your other items won’t get wet
Go last minute swimming, put your wet swim suit in it then in your luggage
Bottle of Sun block
Medications
Snacks
Change of clothes for little ones, then use it for the soiled ones
Easy to keep everything accessible
Pastries from World Showcase
1 gallon bag for each day with a complete outfit in it for a child
Use a 2 gallon bag for each day with a complete outfit for an adult- easy packing
Camera protection- to protect your camera in the rain and water rides
Small Ziploc with extra camera batteries
Small Ziploc with extra memory card for camera
Large Ziploc for pins to trade and corral new pins
Large Ziplocs for unexpected items
Small Ziploc for lipstick and sun block
Small Ziploc for ALL receipts/ park maps/ ADR’S
One for a used wet poncho
Items/Supplies for your monthly “visitor”- won’t do any good it they get wet
Television Remote Control
Keep Suitcase/Toiletries organized
Keeping Facial Tissue dry
Using as an Ice Pack for motion sickness
Putting Crayons and paper to keep the little one busy

1) keep your wallet, park tickets, camera, and anything else you don't want to get wet on water rides or the Florida down pour.
2)keep a large bag with your umbrella in case it rains, so your wet umbrella doesn't wet anything
3) store your wet swim suit just before you check out, no need to wait until it dries.

We keep sunblock in one so we don't have to worry about any of it leaking. Any medicine we bring stays in one. Snacks. Change of clothes for the little ones (or soiled clothes as the case may be). Diapers. Ziploc bags keep everything accessible and easy to find.

I usually buy travel sized empty squeeze bottle containers and I fill them up with the different sunblocks that we use and put them in a baggie to put in our backpack for the parks.. this way we don't have to carry the large size bottles around and I fill them back up once back to the resort each night. This way if the containers leak or if the outside is a little greasy, it doesn't get on anything in your backpack. I also throw one of those sunblock lip balms in there too.

Many people use them as a ziploc bag-meaning that they use snack credits for pastries/etc, bring them back to the room, put in ziplocs to keep fresh for the next morning. This works great for WS because it does not open until 11 and they have great bakeries.:goodvibes

I use them when I pack. The gallon sized are a perfect size to hold one outfit for my 8 year old - one t-shirt, one pair of shorts, one pair of socks and one pair of undies. The 2 gallon size are good for my, DH's and DS14's clothes for a day.

I squeeze out as much air as I can from each bag and it makes packing very easy. When we get to WDW, it makes getting ready each morning quick, no arguments about what to wear, just go grab a ziploc and get dressed!

Well if you've ever had your suitcase break open and your panties go flying across the airport terminal floor, your learn to :worship: the inventor of ziplock bags :rotfl:

One bag for them, one for socks, etc.

If I have a small bag in the parks, I bring a large zip bag to put it in for rides like kali, so the entire bag stays dry.

I put my camera in a zip lock bag for when it is raining, that way I can still use it and get some great shots and it doesn't get damaged. I got that tip from a fellow disser and it works really well.

I like the tip of having your autograph book, journal, etc in a ziploc to keep it from getting wet on rides...

I also like the idea of keeping a few extra ziplocs handy for those extra snack credits... great to keep until you're actually ready to eat it

The larger ziplocs for days of outfits is a good one too- even the younger kids or DH's can get the young ones dressed quickly in the morning and be off to the parks. Also works to keep the dirty items in after changing at night- (If you don't do the laundry thing at Disney...

I use them when I pack. The gallon sized are a perfect size to hold one outfit for my 8 year old - one t-shirt, one pair of shorts, one pair of socks and one pair of undies. The 2 gallon size are good for my, DH's and DS14's clothes for a day.

I squeeze out as much air as I can from each bag and it makes packing very easy. When we get to WDW, it makes getting ready each morning quick, no arguments about what to wear, just go grab a ziploc and get dressed!

I do this too. Its also great to put the dirty clothes in when done!

* small ziplock with extra camera batteries for the day.

* small ziplock with extra memory card for the day

* large ziplock for pins to trade and corral the new pins

* large ziplocks - two extra ziplocks for unexpected items to keep
either waterproof or just separated from the rest of the purse

* small ziplock for the lipstick and sunblock bottle

* small ziplock for all DDP receipts/purchase receipts/park maps

* not a ziplock but a large plastic store bag for the rain poncho once you've had to use it.

I fold a two gallon Ziploc in my back pocket (I keep a disposable rain poncho in my other back pocket). If I go on a water ride, or we get a sudden downpour, the ziploc is large enough to stuff with items we might be carrying, hats, cameras (already in a small ziploc) phones (also in a small ziploc).

Oh, and items for your monthly "visitor" should go in a ziploc too... not much good damp...;)

I love keeping my suitcase organized with the ziplocs. It makes things much easier to find and speeds along the getting ready process in the mornings. :goodvibes

I pack complete outfits for the kids in the gallon size ziploc bags. All they have to do is grab a bag and get dressed. No deciding what to match with what. I also think it helps with packing; takes up less space since you can squeeze the air out of the bags.

These are so helpful. Thank you all so much. DH has already said I should pack him in individual bags for each day.

We also use one to keep Kleenex/facial tissue dry.

Baby Ideas I use/used:

Quart Zip Bag - Baby Wipes for in park use so you don't have to buy the travel packs or carry the hard plastic containers

Gallon Zip - Baby Wipes in hotel room after opening the refill packs, the plastic tubs are just too bulky to pack

Snack Size - premeasure baby cereal to carry into park for baby's meals

Sandwich/Quart Zip - Carry 2 containers of baby food/premeasured cereal (see above) and spoon for each meal of the day - put together before you leave home for grab-n-go convience.

Gallon Bag - Extra Diapers, extra changing pad & additional Quart Bag with Wipes in backpack in bottom of stroller with other just in case items ;) (I normally carry 3/4 diapers in my baggallini, but you never want to run out diapers!!!)

General:
Quart Size - Use for collecting all the receipts you gather, you never know when you might need to straighted out a charge (I was double charged one night for a meal, and the front desk needed to see my receipt to straighten it out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter