Zoom airlines

MazdaUK

<font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><
Anyone tried them? Thinking of using them to go to Vancouver but DH is concerned there might not be movies (DS of 12 and 6 + no movies = :sad: )

Certainly very cheap, but what are the planes like?

I am sure a Diser used Zoom to go to Toronto last year and was very pleased with them.

Claire ;)

No seat back Tv but they do have drop down ones, £2.50 per drink, complimentary wine with 2 meals you get on board, pretty standard stuff really, why not pack gameboys or portable dvd players to keep them occupied?

Claire L said:
I am sure a Diser used Zoom to go to Toronto last year and was very pleased with them.

Claire ;)

Yep, we did. We upgraded to more legroom (and more luggage allowance and free drinks :teeth: ) and were very pleased with the experience. We were expecting much more of a budget feel considering the cost, but food, staff etc were all lovely. :)

Charlotte

Were the movies good? They will be taking gameboys, but they do like a good movie.

I can't actually remember exactly what they were showing, but it was recent, up-to-date stuff. Oh hang on, one of them had J-Lo in it, one of those stepmom films. Can't remember what else, sorry. Rather embarrassing since I did watch them!! :blush:

Charlotte

Charlotte - do the Zoom premium seats have individual seat-back tvs?

I'm currently very unimpressed with Zoom :mad:

I booked our flights (for the end of July 2006) last August - choosing to upgrade to premium seats and selecting our seats at the front of the premium section to give DH (6'3") as much legroom as possible.

10 days ago, whilst checking our booking, I noticed Zoom had changed our inbound flight time to 2 days later. When I checked the timetable, it showed our outbound flight didn't exist (it had also changed to 2 days later), although our booking showed it unchanged. I rang to query this, and to ask why we hadn't been notified as it says we should have been in the terms and conditions. According to Zoom, the changes were so recent they hadn't started to notify passengers yet. I asked whether our outbound flight would also be changed and was told it would. I also asked whether our pre-selected seats would remain the same, and was assurred they would simply be transferred to the new flight date.

So, guess what? Yes, we've been allocated different seats and DH no longer has the front row we especially wanted - even though we booked last August!!

And, no, no-one from Zoom has contacted us to give us the promised option of keeping the changed booking or cancelling for a full refund.

I shall be making a phone call tomorrow... :mad:

Hilary, I don't think that is very good :(
How did you get on? Any luck?

Hilary said:
I'm currently very unimpressed with Zoom :mad:

I booked our flights (for the end of July 2006) last August - choosing to upgrade to premium seats and selecting our seats at the front of the premium section to give DH (6'3") as much legroom as possible.

10 days ago, whilst checking our booking, I noticed Zoom had changed our inbound flight time to 2 days later. When I checked the timetable, it showed our outbound flight didn't exist (it had also changed to 2 days later), although our booking showed it unchanged. I rang to query this, and to ask why we hadn't been notified as it says we should have been in the terms and conditions. According to Zoom, the changes were so recent they hadn't started to notify passengers yet. I asked whether our outbound flight would also be changed and was told it would. I also asked whether our pre-selected seats would remain the same, and was assurred they would simply be transferred to the new flight date.

So, guess what? Yes, we've been allocated different seats and DH no longer has the front row we especially wanted - even though we booked last August!!

And, no, no-one from Zoom has contacted us to give us the promised option of keeping the changed booking or cancelling for a full refund.

I shall be making a phone call tomorrow... :mad:

Hilary

That is terrible, please let us know how you get on.

Sue :cutie:

heres a piccy of there aircraft!
i love the colors!
981749.jpg

and heres a cabin photo!
375619.jpg

hope this helps!

Update on my 'complaint' with Zoom - their phoneline has been permanently either engaged or out of order this morning, so I've just sent them an e-mail...

Sorry to hear about your problems with Zoom - hopefully they will get everything sorted out for you!! :sunny:

And to answer your earlier question: no, there are no individual seat back tv screens - there are a few large central screens. We sat at the very back row on the right side of the Premium Economy section, very good seats (nice and quiet, close to PE toilets, great view of tv screen).

Quite funny, on the outbound flight I was wearing a Mazda racing t-shirt with the Mazda "Zoom Zoom Zoom" logo on the back - I think every single crew member chatted to me about my t-shirt at some point! :) Oh, and on the way back one of the cabin crew recognised us and asked if we weren't the ones who celebrated a wedding anniversary a couple of weeks earlier! :)

Anyway, hope things work out for you!! :hug:

Charlotte

LeCras said:
Quite funny, on the outbound flight I was wearing a Mazda racing t-shirt with the Mazda "Zoom Zoom Zoom" logo on the back - I think every single crew member chatted to me about my t-shirt at some point! :)
Charlotte

LOL! :rotfl:

Thanks for the info on the TVs - it's nice to know what to expect. That's if they don't ban us altogether after my email! ;) ) I'm sure everything will work out okay; it's the lack of information that's bugging me at the moment, along with the fact that we seem to have lost our seats requested all those months ago, presumably to someone who booked later than us.

I saw loads of good reviews. I discounted complaints about lost luggage and flight delays - we were delayed by 4 hours on the way back from WDW with Virgin - as they happen even with the biggest airlines. But when I say flights having dates moved and even airports - what good is going from Gatwick and coming back to Stanstead!!???!! - I decided I'd rahter have less room than the stress. So we've booked with Air Canada, as DH has wanted to fly with them ever since the "good old canadian hospitality" ads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter