Zootopia expansion coming to Shanghai

rteetz

DIS Veteran
‘Zootopia’-Themed Expansion Coming to Shanghai Disneyland

Today, Shanghai Disney Resort announced that a “Zootopia”-themed land is coming to Shanghai Disneyland, marking the second major expansion since the resort opened in 2016. Based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios’ hit animated movie, this exciting development will be the park’s eighth themed land and the first-ever “Zootopia”-themed land at any Disney park.

Guests will be invited to experience the mammalian metropolis of Zootopia “where anyone can be anything,” with a new major attraction that will seamlessly blend Disney storytelling and state-of-the-art technology to bring this fan-favorite movie and its characters to life – including Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde. Entertainment, merchandise, and food and beverage offerings will invite guests to fully immerse themselves in the Academy-Award-winning animated movie.

The development of the world’s first “Zootopia”-themed land follows the huge success of the “Zootopia” animated movie globally, particularly in China where it broke box office records to become the country’s No. 1 animated feature film in history.

Construction is targeted to begin later this year! As always, keep your eyes on the Disney Parks Blog for more exciting updates all the way from Shanghai Disney Resort.

So jealous. I might be in the minority but I’ve been crossing my fingers for something zootopia in animal kingdom. Absolutely loved the movie and I think it will fit in with theme park potential!!

I was trying to enjoy my post trip hiatus from these forums but I had to react, I’ve posted a lot how I wanted zootopia in animal kingdom

So jealous. I might be in the minority but I’ve been crossing my fingers for something zootopia in animal kingdom. Absolutely loved the movie and I think it will fit in with theme park potential!!

I was trying to enjoy my post trip hiatus from these forums but I had to react, I’ve posted a lot how I wanted zootopia in animal kingdom
Personally Zootopia makes 0 sense in Animal Kingdom. Zootopia is not about animals or conservation or anything that Animal Kingdom really represents. Even Pandora has that connection. Zootopia should go to DHS if it comes to the US.

Personally Zootopia makes 0 sense in Animal Kingdom. Zootopia is not about animals or conservation or anything that Animal Kingdom really represents. Even Pandora has that connection. Zootopia should go to DHS if it comes to the US.
I saw it as connection to the animals, maybe not conservation but at the very least animals. At least it has more sense than say, Indy or black panther

I saw it as connection to the animals, maybe not conservation but at the very least animals. At least it has more sense than say, Indy or black panther
I will agree to disagree. Zootopia is animal imitating people. Just my take. I would love to see Zootopia in the parks just not Animal Kingdom. I think there are plenty of other major areas they could use to expand AK whether it's a film or an actual place.

As I have stated previously and I think Maxrebo as well. Why does Shanghai get all the love and the new rides? Have all of the imagineers requested transfers to Asia? Kind of frustrating but more so disappointing

EBULPVFULQI6PG4TXFYEHZL2EI.jpg

As I have stated previously and I think Maxrebo as well. Why does Shanghai get all the love and the new rides? Have all of the imagineers requested transfers to Asia? Kind of frustrating but more so disappointing
Not sure what you mean by that. Shanghai is only a baby in terms of park years and bound for expansion. Shanghai also has a majority owner in the Shendi government.

WDW and DL are getting two incredible rides as part of SWGE.

Not sure what you mean by that. Shanghai is only a baby in terms of park years and bound for expansion. Shanghai also has a majority owner in the Shendi government.

Yea I know. I’m lumping in the other parks in Asia and Europe. I get SWGE as the exception but seems most of the innovation and ride development occurs in International parks

I also agree that Avatar is a unique addition.

I love Zootopia and like others, hope they bring this land stateside. I look forward to hearing the attractions and restaurants coming to the land in Shanghai!

Paris is the one that needs it most. They have been neglected for so long. Also the Asian parks all have other partners putting in money which helps.
As long as Epcot and DHS? I think the partnership is the pull here. Easy choice between a 100% investment in the US versus a 75% ( or whatever the %) oversees for the same return. US parks are jammed and I know that Paris is down but the economics shouldn’t always dictate the lack of innovation and development.

As long as Epcot and DHS? I think the partnership is the pull here. Easy choice between a 100% investment in the US versus a 75% ( or whatever the %) oversees for the same return. US parks are jammed and I know that Paris is down but the economics shouldn’t always dictate the lack of innovation and development.
Paris has been neglected from the start. Epcot and DHS while have issues none go as deep as the issues in Paris.

Disney War provides some great insight on the development of Paris (and everything else from the Eisner years) if you need a good read.

Paris has been neglected from the start. Epcot and DHS while have issues none go as deep as the issues in Paris.

Disney War provides some great insight on the development of Paris (and everything else from the Eisner years) if you need a good read.
Read before but it’s been quite awhile. Always intend to do so again but.... As I recall the ownership of the park was the major obstacle/ impedimen5 to the parks development and ultimately its success

Read before but it’s been quite awhile. Always intend to do so again but.... As I recall the ownership of the park was the major obstacle/ impedimen5 to the parks development and ultimately its success
Yes which is why Disney took over the ownership stake within the last 5 years. Disneyland Parc was the flagship and has been given proper upkeep would be one of the best Disney parks to this day. However it was neglected. Then we move onto Walt Disney Studios. That park was rushed simply because of the deal with the government and other ownership entities requiring it. That was called the worst park since it opened for the most part.

Yes which is why Disney took over the ownership stake within the last 5 years. Disneyland Parc was the flagship and has been given proper upkeep would be one of the best Disney parks to this day. However it was neglected. Then we move onto Walt Disney Studios. That park was rushed simply because of the deal with the government and other ownership entities requiring it. That was called the worst park since it opened for the most part.
Yep. A better outcome might have convinced me to take a trip to France. Me to Disney and my wife to whatever else there is to see.:duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter