~ºoº November 27, 2010- Western Magic! ºoº~

If Weather.com is to be taken seriously, we are looking at potential showers on Saturday for leaving port (lets hope it holds off for the sail away party!) and then high 70s to 80s at the ports the days we are there. Cozumel may have scattered showers as well...but IMO, too early to tell.

As long as I can fly out of here and get to the ship, I am happy! :beach:

I am envious of anyone that is packed! Since we are surprising DD, I haven't even pulled out our suitcases yet. I get to spend tomorrow am with my DD before taking her to my in-laws (I work 145pm-745pm at Expedition Everest). DH gets off around 4pm, so he will go have dinner with MIL, FIL, BIL, DN, DD. We are leaving DD down there overnight because we are both working Fri am. (Actually I just gave my shift to someone, so thankfully, I have time to pack Fri am). The plan is since the pets will be down at in-laws, I will pick DD up Fri, and we can hang out until DH gets home from work. Then we are taking off for Port Canaveral...she knows we are spending Friday night in the hotel-still has no idea about the cruise. Tomorrow night will be a busy night of grabbing the clothes, making sure all laundry is done, packing extra goodies...

We are just to much alike, it's kind of scary, Steph! We got a verandah for our 3 night last year, and I don't know if I can cruise without one! So, veranda-land it is for us as well....

Last time I was always out there at night after everyone went to bed and up before everyone else in the morning, watching the sunrise...ah...just a few more days and I can be doing that for REAL!

Got a few more things done...now just have to pack the carry on. Turned in our bucket of change ($125) not too shabby...DS is at a friends and DD is downstairs with a friend playing Just Dance...so, hopefully I can get the last packing done and RELAX!

Only 1/2 day for me on Friday as well...I will be logged off by 11 (if not earlier!).

:banana:

Except I'm a bunch older!!!

I have the clothes laid out now, a few things need to be ironed...I hate to iron and that is why I am online right now! :lmao:

I'm having trouble matching tops to bottoms...I picked up a cute skirt off the sale rack and its got lots of colors, so I thought I had plenty of shirts to work with...none of the colors are quite right....so I'm going to be slightly mismatched but at this point, I'm hoping it will be too dark to notice in the dining room! :scared1:

OK, Sulley has returned from the basement...and is cracking the whip...pretty brazen for someone who doesn't have to go to work on Friday! :mad: I have detailed the catching and carting of the furkids to the vets for boarding to him!:rotfl: Almost wish I could be home to watch that!

If Weather.com is to be taken seriously, we are looking at potential showers on Saturday for leaving port (lets hope it holds off for the sail away party!) and then high 70s to 80s at the ports the days we are there. Cozumel may have scattered showers as well...but IMO, too early to tell.

As long as I can fly out of here and get to the ship, I am happy! :beach:

yeah, but the rain chance Sat is only 15%...and it's for 'a shower' according to Accuweather.

I'm hoping Cozumel doesn't rain...it's our only beach day...and I will give you all fair warning...this is our 6th cruise and it has rained at Castaway Cay every single time REGARDLESS of what time of year! :lmao:

(just little passing showers mostly, but STILL....EVERY TIME)

yeah, but the rain chance Sat is only 15%...and it's for 'a shower' according to Accuweather.

I'm hoping Cozumel doesn't rain...it's our only beach day...and I will give you all fair warning...this is our 6th cruise and it has rained at Castaway Cay every single time REGARDLESS of what time of year! :lmao:

(just little passing showers mostly, but STILL....EVERY TIME)

My 12th DCL trip, and no rain for us on Castaway Cay...let's hope it stays that way :-)

We had cool weather last year on our cruise, you literally felt the temp drop 10 degrees after we got out of the car at port as a storm blew in. We had on and off showers that first day (after the sail away party), but the kids were still in the pool. Nassau day was overcast as well, but again...didn't stop us!

CC Day was also overcast, the water was a little chilly, but we still snorkled all the way out from the family beach.

So....seeing the sun would be a bonus for us, and I will go with Stephanie B's streak of no rain on CC....that gets my vote!

My 12th DCL trip, and no rain for us on Castaway Cay...let's hope it stays that way :-)

Our ninth and it has only rained one time and that was after we had a half day of beautiful sun.,

Well, I'm hoping you guys' luck wins out over mine!!!!

Baking pies, clothes all laid out, checked FEs again...dang...one short on the boys...sending Sulley to Michaels on Friday....he's gonna be sorry he took Friday off by the time I'm done with him! :lmao:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my DIS friends!

Looking forward to meeting you all in 2 days....

Been up since 4:30 again today.....this is getting old. But, I did catch up on a bunch of the shows that I DVR. :happytv:

Time to hang with the kids (they just woke up) and hopefully finish the packing before we head to my parents' for dinner.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day spent with family and friends!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Darcy, you beat me up this morning...I slept until 7 :scared1:

Now I'm baking one last pie before I get the bird in the oven...we are hoping to eat about 1 or 2....DS2 and DDiL2 have to be at her parents later....

Hope everyone's day is full of laughter, good food, family and friends! It's just around the corner...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Darcy, you beat me up this morning...I slept until 7 :scared1:

Now I'm baking one last pie before I get the bird in the oven...we are hoping to eat about 1 or 2....DS2 and DDiL2 have to be at her parents later....

Hope everyone's day is full of laughter, good food, family and friends! It's just around the corner...

I was surprised that there were no posts from our early bird Nana Tink. :wizard: I ended up crashing on the loveseat for about 45 minutes while the kids watched a movie. Just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

Off to start getting everyone ready for the day (and get them to do some more homework).

Steph - don't forget to let us know who wins the "lottery" and gets to take home the garbage. :rotfl:

I finally got the Sombrero Mickey ears done yesterday for our door....

Well, DH got up at 430am to head into work at MK TTC. DD is still asleep. I have been awake since 530. I did manage to package all of the FE goodies this am (it's going to take a whole suitcase). Just have to finish the laundry, pack the suitcases, get DD, dog, cat down to my-inlaws before I head into work at 145pm. It's no doubt I will stay very busy today :-) Turkey dinner with my fellow cast members today at Expedition Everest. DH and DD will enjoy turkey festivities at my in-laws.

However you spend the holiday, enjoy your time with family and friends. Today is my first holiday without my mom and dad. I know that they are smiling down from heaven. My goal is to live each and every day to make them proud. That includes getting through this first holiday without them. I am so thankful we have a cruise in just 2 days. I so need time with my DH and DD away from reality!

Stephanie B

Happy Thanksgiving to all! We are on our way tomorrow afternoon. Only half packed and looking like I need an extra suitcase. With the dress up clothes, it just doesn't fit to pack 4 of us in two suitcases any more. (Lots of kids clothes....) Ok, we have carry ons too. Diaper bag, computer bag, DD has a backpack and little suitcase...Guess I have too many shoes...

However you spend the holiday, enjoy your time with family and friends. Today is my first holiday without my mom and dad. I know that they are smiling down from heaven. My goal is to live each and every day to make them proud. That includes getting through this first holiday without them. I am so thankful we have a cruise in just 2 days. I so need time with my DH and DD away from reality!

Stephanie B

Stephanie, I understand. I just lost my Dad just before Christmas two years ago....my mother passed away several years ago. I know they are proud of you...and I think you are doing an amazing job reaching your goal...I think this cruise is a good thing for you all :grouphug:

Stephanie E

Hey all!

Well...after two sixteen hour work days we got onto our flight this morning and we are now laying by the pool at animal kingdom lodge with a frozen pinacolova. DH is sound asleep in his lounger with a can of beer in his hand. Hopefully he can do both at the same time. :)

It is quite warm here and a little overcast but beautiful to just start to relax!!

Hope everyone has a nice (hanksgiving........see you all in two lore sleeps!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
We have packed about 75%....I am startin to twitch! We drive halfway tomorrow then get up and drive to the port Saturday!!! Can't wait to meet everyone!
Now must go watch my Saints whoop up on the Cowboys. Have a great and safe trip, and SEE YOU REAL SOON!

PS did anyone see captain Mickey in the parade today? I freaked and took a picture. its on my blog lol!
www.runningwithsass.com

We are here!!!!!!! Just had a drink at bay lake tower top of the world lounge. Dinner at citricos to come. Lucked out and got a 740 there so we didn't have to wait for 930 at whispering canyon. It's vacation time!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and is filled with turkey and lots of other goodies and happiness. We had 2 turkey dinners ... the early "Texan" one at noon at home and a later "Missourian" one this evening at our neighbors, so all that workout over the last few months just went to pot. Oh well. Not like it would matter consider I'm going to be Mrs. PacMan as soon as I'm on the boat. :lmao:

Speaking of ... I don't suppose there's anyone else on this board left?? I think we're the only ones flying in on Saturday morning. Again, we like to live on the edge. Did I mention it snowed today ... in St. Louis?? What are the odds? It was near 80 degrees on MONDAY! Are other parts of the country have weather as nutty as the Midwest or is it just us?? :confused:

Oh, and, we still haven't started packing yet. That's the "task del dia" tomorrow. Oh, plus, being able to give my DS a haircut and get my nails done. Given how work's been the past 2 weeks, it'll be a breeze. :thumbsup2

In case I've not mentioned it earlier, I'm soooooooo happy to be on vacation!! I worked 'til past 8 last night and have been so stressed out from fire-fighting all week that robbed me of my sleep and immunity. Hence, I came down with yet another cold. Can you believe it? I thought when you get a cold, your immunity goes through the roof, and you're guaranteed not to get another one for at least another 6 months or so??? What's up with that?? :headache: So, DS is just getting over his 2nd cold, I'm in the middle of mine and hoping to high heavens that neither of us infects my DH. We'll be a real fun bunch to meet, eh?

Anyway, here's wishing everyone safe and happy travels ... looking forward to meeting you all on Sat!

DH and I packed and are about 1/2 way done. DD is at in-laws overnight. DH and I both had busy days at work...but that's holiday time at WDW. He has to work at 6am tomorrow, and thankfully I found someone to take my shift. I am going to finish the packing, mow the lawn, and may be hit a liquor store before scooping up DD to wait for DH to get home so we can go to the hotel at the beach. She still has no idea we're cruising Saturday.

Small crisis tonight, couldn't find our FE and magnets. Crisis averted, located. Phew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter