»»June 16, 2012 Father's Day Cruise on the Fantasy!««

My wife banned me from using Facebook with this thread. Same argument as before so I guess we'll just communicate with you all through the Dis.

My wife banned me from using Facebook with this thread. Same argument as before so I guess we'll just communicate with you all through the Dis.

It is not a problem we will have a presence in both places...and within the next 600+ days she might unban you LOL

600 days? Wow! I guess we have plenty of time to plan this one. :)

I think we should plan a cabin tour. Being that we will be on a new ship, I'd love to see the different categories of cabins. We have connecting 10's with the virtual porthole and would be open to being part of the "Parade of Cabins"

Jeff

I think we should plan a cabin tour. Being that we will be on a new ship, I'd love to see the different categories of cabins. We have connecting 10's with the virtual porthole and would be open to being part of the "Parade of Cabins"

Jeff
What is a cabin tour?

What is a cabin tour?

Designated people on the meet thread open their cabins for a group tour. You try to get one of as many different categories as possible to tour, so that everyone can see what all the different cabins look like.

New info on the Dream and shows.

Hey Disney Parks Bloggers! Today we have some fun news to share with you as we have just unveiled the lineup of entertainment for our newest cruise ship, the Disney Dream.

Our Guests will delight to some of the most elaborate original musicals presented at sea, over-the-top deck parties and, bursting above it all, the largest fireworks spectacular aboard a cruise ship.

Headlining the musical repertoire is “Disney’s Believe,” an original stage spectacular that combines a heartfelt story with a captivating musical score. Other productions include fan favorite “The Golden Mickeys: A Timeless Tribute,” featuring new musical numbers, and “Villains Tonight!” a fun-filled musical comedy starring Disney’s most famous evil-doers.

In addition to our nightly stage shows, we are re-imagining our popular “Pirates IN the Caribbean” evening with the creation of three distinct deck events:

•The evening starts with “Mickey’s Pirates in the Caribbean,” an interactive show featuring Disney characters.
•Later, Captain Jack Sparrow unleashes “Club Pirate,” a high-tech, open-air dance party.
•Of course, we’re still the only cruise line with fireworks at sea. We’ll take this distinctive Disney offering a step further with “Buccaneer Blast!” A new pyrotechnic spectacular featuring more fireworks than ever before synchronized to a dramatic musical score.
Check out this video to see what surprises await you aboard the Disney Dream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgK_PwoXYJ8&feature=player_embedded

Jeff

We have one of the forward corner 9A rooms...kind of wedge shaped and looks bigger on the deck plan than the other 9A rooms, but not sure how it will be laid out. Happy to share...I assume this would be on one of the sea days?

Leslie

I sew DD's Halloween costumes, and she wanted to be Ariel or Belle -- well, I vetoed that and made her a pirate costume. Why you ask? Well, now, she can wear it for Pirate night on our DCL cruises!!! Alterior motive pirate:

Good evening everyone. I am writing this as the last of my sunburn is fading away. We just returned from our very first DCL experience this past weekend. We went on the 3 day Wonder cruise to see if the kids would actually like it, and well the verdict was a resounding YES. needless to say I really wanted to do the Eastern trip next time so I talked my DW (Not much convincing) into booking onboard for 2012. So we are now booked for this cruise, barring any last minute changes or cancellations. I am dieing to go see the new boat and can't believe it's 593 days away still :( But I look forward to getting to know you and hope to have another wonderful time on a great cruise in 18 months!!!!

Docjason2
Jason, Heather (DW), Alex (DS, 7 at time of sailing), Lizzie (DD, 4 at time of sailing), TBA (DD/DS, will be 1 at time of sailing...we are due with baby #3 at the end of May and will let you know when we know :)
Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah, Category 04D, Stateroom #6614
First and only cruise 3-day Disney Wonder Oct 28th, 2010
Surprise trip for the kids, as they won't already stop asking if we can go back to the Mickey boat!
Main dining, 5pm show

Look forward to counting down the days with you all!!!

~Jason

:welcome: So glad to be sailing with you and your family. And congratulations on your upcoming new arrival!

None of us here are surprised that you are hooked after 1 cruise. :thumbsup2 We surprised our girls with a Western Double Dip last year and now have 2 more on the books.

Please come join our Facebook group, too. The link is in the 1st post of this thread.

Jason is it great to have you and your family join us on the cruise. Our children will be 5 and 7 at the time of sailing so they will be close in age. That will be a godo thing! We are trying to keep this group as well as the facebook group active since not everyone does facebook and we can keep everyone informed in both places easily!

Welcome Jason and congrats on the addition to your family!!

Our DD will be 5 at the time of sailing as well, and so far, no plans to add on yet..... :laughing:

Wow already so many families to meet and hopefully have the kids play with. This last DIS group I met mostly had kids in college so the little ones didn't really enjoy meeting with everyone else.

Also I was trolling through youtube this morning because I wanted to see the Dream floating out, and noticed the horn on the Dream is to the tune of" A Dream is a Wash your Heart Makes" instead of when you wish upon a star. Any idea what the Fantasy one will be?

Hello Everyone!

We just switched our reservations from June 30th to this sailing (saved $$)
We are doing back-to-backs with June 23rd. :cool1:
Hi Jeff! I remember you from the Baltic.
Oh- we have 12010 for both sailings--can't wait!

It's me (joanne), DH (john), DD16,(sara) and DD, 14(amanda)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter