»»June 16, 2012 Father's Day Cruise on the Fantasy!««

So does anyone know, when do they actually start building the Fantasy?

It's under construction now at Meyer Werft. After they floated the Dream out, they moved the Fantasy in to the main building from a side building.

SFLTIGGER
David, DW - Sherry, DS (10 at sailing)
Deluxe Ocean view stateroom w/ verandah Cat. 5C Deck 7, Port side near mid-ship
First cruise EVER!!! :cool1::cool1: (longer than 4 hours)
DW B'day is 5/25

SFLTIGGER
DW B'day is 5/25

Welcome aboard to our cruise!!!

Welcome :yay: Glad to see more people joining us on the cruise. Especially a first time on the Disney cruise, you will be pleasantly surprised, and probably hooked like the rest of us.

Welcome :yay: Glad to see more people joining us on the cruise. Especially a first time on the Disney cruise, you will be pleasantly surprised, and probably hooked like the rest of us.

.... probably .... :rotfl: I'm already hooked just looking at pictures, trip reports, etc.

I just don't know if I can stand it until then. We had planned on going late summer/early fall 2011 (5 day), but we are doing DVC points and waited too long to book the Dream. Oh Well, just have to wait it out the 7 day on the Fantasy. :rotfl2:

.... probably .... :rotfl: I'm already hooked just looking at pictures, trip reports, etc.

I just don't know if I can stand it until then. We had planned on going late summer/early fall 2011 (5 day), but we are doing DVC points and waited too long to book the Dream. Oh Well, just have to wait it out the 7 day on the Fantasy. :rotfl2:

You will be glad you waited for the 7 day...5 day would be just enough to make you wish you had waited anyway LOL

Yeah we just did the 3 day...it was sad...like a little taste of a pure vacation and heaven, then they kick you off the boat (well not really) but a week I think will be a good makeup!

Hello everyone!!! We are booked on this cruise and the 6/9/12 sailing as well. It will be Myself(Tina), DH(Tim), and 4 DD's 15, 13, 7, and almost 2. We are just outside of Chicago. This will be my 14th Disney cruise and the family is not far behind!! We are so excited for 14 nights on the ship!! Can't wait!

SFLTIGGER
DW B'day is 5/25

Welcome to you both! Merry Christmas!

Greetings all! We just booked this cruise while on the 11 Night Holiday Southern Caribbean Cruise. Still somewhat exhausted, so I will catch up later. But I wanted to stop by to say 'Hello'.

Greetings all! We just booked this cruise while on the 11 Night Holiday Southern Caribbean Cruise. Still somewhat exhausted, so I will catch up later. But I wanted to stop by to say 'Hello'.

Glad youa re going to be joing us!!! Welcome Aboard!!:cool1:

:welcome: When you recover, we'd love to hear how the holiday cruise was.

Hi everyone--we were originally going on the Thanksgiving dream cruise but it won't work for what we had planned so we're going to do the June 10-15 Dream double dip and then we'll stay a night at Port hotel then hop on to the Fantasy for 7 days of bliss :) I'm soooooo excited we'll get to experience both the Dream and the Fantasy!!
we've never cruised, but I'm positive we'll love it, so we're just going to jump in with both feet

It will be me(41) my dh (45), our daughter will be 7 at sailing. I just joined the facebook group too!

Hi everyone--we were originally going on the Thanksgiving dream cruise but it won't work for what we had planned so we're going to do the June 10-15 Dream double dip and then we'll stay a night at Port hotel then hop on to the Fantasy for 7 days of bliss :) I'm soooooo excited we'll get to experience both the Dream and the Fantasy!!
we've never cruised, but I'm positive we'll love it, so we're just going to jump in with both feet

It will be me(41) my dh (45), our daughter will be 7 at sailing. I just joined the facebook group too!

Welcome aboard! You are going to be hooked on cruising!!! Glad you made your way over to our facebook group also!!! Look forward to getting to know you better between now and our sail date!

Welcome to you both!!! :yay:

Still recovering from the Holiday Cruise, but a little about us...

It is myself and DW, and at the time of the cruise, DD16 (birthday 4 days before we sail) and DD14. This will be our seventh cruise, all on Disney. Our first cruise was an Eastern on the Magic, and the Holiday was similar to the Eastern, but with some extra stops in the middle.

On this past cruise, we tried to mix beach and nature stops. Ironically, St. Maarten and St. Thomas were our beach stops. St. Maarten we did an afternoon at Orient Beach. On St. Thomas, we did an all day snorkel trip, ending with beach time at Honeymoon Beach. This was a great day.

DD16 is a dancer; it is her goal to work on a Disney ship when she is older. DD14 is a gymnast. DW teaches preschool, I work in Information Systems security.

Time to do some more unpacking and laundry.

Still recovering from the Holiday Cruise, but a little about us...

It is myself and DW, and at the time of the cruise, DD16 (birthday 4 days before we sail) and DD14. This will be our seventh cruise, all on Disney. Our first cruise was an Eastern on the Magic, and the Holiday was similar to the Eastern, but with some extra stops in the middle.

On this past cruise, we tried to mix beach and nature stops. Ironically, St. Maarten and St. Thomas were our beach stops. St. Maarten we did an afternoon at Orient Beach. On St. Thomas, we did an all day snorkel trip, ending with beach time at Honeymoon Beach. This was a great day.

DD16 is a dancer; it is her goal to work on a Disney ship when she is older. DD14 is a gymnast. DW teaches preschool, I work in Information Systems security.

Time to do some more unpacking and laundry.

Both my DD's are gymnasts. Does DD14 compete? If so, what level? My DD12 is Level 5 this year and DD9 is just starting competition at Level 3.

Both my DD's are gymnasts. Does DD14 compete? If so, what level? My DD12 is Level 5 this year and DD9 is just starting competition at Level 3.

DD14 who is only 12 right now (I have to start a new post asking how others are referring to kids, are you using their current age, or the age at the time of the cruise?) competes. She is a Level 6. She was supposed to be a Level 6 last year, but broke her elbow a week before her first competition. She was healthy enough at the end of the year to compete once as a Prep Gold, then go to States and Regionals.

When she first started competing, I played the music for all the girls at our home meet. Six years later, I now work some of the bigger meets by providing the sound equipment, emceeing, and still playing the music. It is a lot of fun, and will probably continue after she tires of the sport (which I hope is not soon).

Okay - how have others been posted info about their kids? Have you been using their current ages (for me would be DD12 and DD14) or ages on the day we sail (DD14 and DD16)? It is very weird for me to call my eldest a 16 year old, but it may make it easier to keep track of the ages of the kids on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter