• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

“Disney Drop” mystery box from Disney+?

If it helps, when I signed up originally, I believe it was through a promo I got either from D23 or my DVC (I can’t remember which). I wonder if the boxes are tied to that versus all signups. :)
Nope, I signed up through a D23 promo for the full 3 year plan and no box. I'm feeling like Disney doesn' t love me anymore.

I got the email on 9/8. I signed up for Disney+ the day it became available. First time I’ve received anything from them. I had a choice between animation, adventure or surprise me boxes. I chose Adventure. UPS notice states it will be delivered tomorrow 9/13. I’ll let you all know what’s in the box.

Are people deleting posts? This is the second time I saw that this thread was updated but nothing new was showing just a long ad about intermediate fasting

New posts on this thread have not been visible for some reason. Not sure any Admins are reviewing this thread or not. Everything posted earlier today is hidden at this point. Doesn't look like those posts will reappear either.

New posts on this thread have not been visible for some reason. Not sure any Admins are reviewing this thread or not. Everything posted earlier today is hidden at this point. Doesn't look like those posts will reappear either.
I thought it was just me! So glad I could see your post. I am also D23 3yr promo subscriber with Nov. Expiration and have heard nothing either.

From what I read about the promotion, subscribers are randomly selected. Not everyone will be offered a box. It’s just luck of the draw. Random people got them over the past year.

Our Disney+ is up for renewal in November and we received the email. Did the "Surprise Me" box and it arrived yesterday full of Spiderman merchandise - blanket, socks, pez, mugs, lots of artwork, spiderman pin and a recipe for spiderman cookies. Wonder if they will do this for every year renewal?

Well that answers my question, thank you! What a disappointment for me. I've been waiting since last year when I heard about the boxes that went out to all that renewed after their 2 year subscriptions were up. I never seem to receive anything but all the marketing and promotional emails. I don't even get AP related offers like new ride previews. I just don't understand it.
Me too! Move over we are all in the same boat. Seems to be a lack of consistency on a lot of issues at Disney lately!

Our Disney+ is up for renewal in November and we received the email. Did the "Surprise Me" box and it arrived yesterday full of Spiderman merchandise - blanket, socks, pez, mugs, lots of artwork, spiderman pin and a recipe for spiderman cookies. Wonder if they will do this for every year renewal?

I would hope they would rotate it through other subscribers but maybe they would hit the same people every year. Would seem rude though. I wouldn’t know I wasn’t getting anything if it wasn’t for the this thread so maybe they don’t spread the love. I assume most people have no idea some people get this gift

I just received the offer as an originally 3 year subscriber! Has anyone received an adventure box? If so, what was included?

Trying to submit our choice but keep getting a Session Timed Out message when I click submit. Did anyone else have issues submitting their choice?

Last edited:
I just received the offer as an originally 3 year subscriber! Has anyone received an adventure box? If so, what was included?
You may not want to wait until someone responds. After trying to get the order to go through, I got this page. However, I tried a few more times and finally got an order confirmation. I'm guessing there are many people trying to do this today.

Edit for additional question: "Trying to submit our choice but keep getting a Session Timed Out message when I click submit. Did anyone else have issues submitting their choice?"

Yes, just keep at it. It took me 15-20 minutes on two different browsers before I finally got it to work.

I just got this offer today .. it was confusing though! Took about half an hour to get to the offer page. I chose the Adventure box but the confirmation email says I am getting a Mystery Box .. oh well it should be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter