“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now why you should NOT do this last or near the end of your trip. Frozen was down. I know it's down a lot, so keep that in mind. They offered soarin as an alternative but my kids are both too short. They offered to let us rider swap, but that's no fun. So yeah... no ride for us.

Sorry it ended up being such a disappointment for you.
Question - so was Soarin' still running that late with the regular crowd or just specifically being kept open for party guests? I'm just wondering how long the line is at closing.

It should be something without a height limitation, since this is geared mostly to younger kids
It's the "Frozen Ever After Dessert Party" so including the FEA attraction fits the theme. Any other attraction would not and the other attractions mentioned would be a long-ish walk from the party area. Kids do attend, but adults make up the bulk of the crowd.
Like meeting Anna & Elsa... that would have been great and more attractive than FEA anyhow
Because it is mostly adults, a M&G with A&E wouldn't be of that much value to most guests. Disney feels that offering the FEA attraction is the way to go and IMO, they're right. They need to get the ride to operate reliably.
or just specifically being kept open for party guests?
Yes

It's the "Frozen Ever After Dessert Party" so including the FEA attraction fits the theme. Any other attraction would not and the other attractions mentioned would be a long-ish walk from the party area. Kids do attend, but adults make up the bulk of the crowd.

I don't want to argue with the expert on this topic (you), but at my table there were 6 adults and 4 kids (two of which were mine). So yes, more adults than kids. But there were no adults without kids and none of the adults would have been there without their kid(s)... And of the 4 kids at my table, only 1 was tall enough for Soarin'.

And anyway, adults can and do enjoy meet & greets. If they offered that, people at my table would have been happy. At least 3 of the 4 kids would not have been left out. Offering a ride with a height restriction isn't a good or fair substitution. No one wants a change, but at least offer something that everyone could participate in.

I really cannot believe Disney intends this event for adults... otherwise, would they really choose the Frozen theme and FEA as the ride? How many adults want to ride FEA if it were not for their kids? I certainly would not, I'd much much rather ride Soarin' or Test Track. Aside from the alcoholic beverages, I did not feel the event catered toward adults at all (snowflake glasses, the frozen theme...).

Last edited:
Question - so was Soarin' still running that late with the regular crowd or just specifically being kept open for party guests? I'm just wondering how long the line is at closing.

We left after illuminations, so I don't know, sorry. When we told them our kids could not ride Soarin' because they were not tall enough, they told us "thanks for understanding and have a good night."

Reactions: CJN
I really cannot believe Disney intends this event for adults... otherwise, would they really choose the Frozen theme and FEA as the ride? How many adults want to ride FEA if it were not for their kids?
I can understand this sentiment; but we are a party of just 2 adults going. The price point plus a generous alcohol allowance is the clue that this party is geared more for adults. I like the addition of a Tier 1 FP included; and while the theming is not important to me, I happen to like Frozen and am especially looking forward to riding FEA at the end of the evening.

I can understand this sentiment; but we are a party of just 2 adults going. The price point plus a generous alcohol allowance is the clue that this party is geared more for adults. I like the addition of a Tier 1 FP included; and while the theming is not important to me, I happen to like Frozen and am especially looking forward to riding FEA at the end of the evening.

Agree - we were a party of 3 adults last time and booked this for the dessert party/Illuminations viewing as we love the show. FEA after hours was a bonus in our case and soarin would have been fine with us as well. I think the paper return FP for Frozen is also an acceptable alternative although its unfortunate some were not able to use it.

We have booked for our Thanksgiving trip and will a party of 5 - again all adults.

Totally agree with you. I'm an adult & have no children. I enjoy the Dessert Parties & this one with the included alcohol is definitely geared for adults even though they offer children's pricing too. I don't get all the Frozen bashing that goes on. If you don't like it you don't have to partake but not everyone is a fan of the same characters or attractions.

Attending event tonight

Where and when do I check in? I can't find this info on my receipt

Attending event tonight

Where and when do I check in? I can't find this info on my receipt

Website says...
  • To check in for this event, please meet the greeting Cast Member at World Showcase Plaza, located next to Port of Entry and adjacent to the Mexico Pavilion.
  • The Frozen Ever After Dessert Party venue is held in an uncovered, open-air setting.
  • In the event of inclement weather, the dessert portion will take place at an alternate indoor location. A Cast Member will direct you to the alternate location at the time of check-in. You may call (407) 560-7377 after 5:30 PM for recorded weather information.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/frozen-ever-after-sparkling-dessert-party/

Website says...In the event of inclement weather, the dessert portion will take place at an alternate indoor location. A Cast Member will direct you to the alternate location at the time of check-in.
Good luck with that. Unfortunately the vast majority of Epcot CMs are not aware of the dessert party and are unable to tell guests where it's being held. You lucked out 123SA, I won't be there to annoy or harass you.

Edited - I originally referred to Monique5, it should have been 123SA as they were going not Monique5.

Last edited:
Website says...
  • To check in for this event, please meet the greeting Cast Member at World Showcase Plaza, located next to Port of Entry and adjacent to the Mexico Pavilion.
  • The Frozen Ever After Dessert Party venue is held in an uncovered, open-air setting.
  • In the event of inclement weather, the dessert portion will take place at an alternate indoor location. A Cast Member will direct you to the alternate location at the time of check-in. You may call (407) 560-7377 after 5:30 PM for recorded weather information.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/frozen-ever-after-sparkling-dessert-party/

Thanks! This is the info I needed.

We hit Disney World on Saturday and the next Saturday we'll be at this dessert party! I'm so excited, but I don't want it to get here too quickly because it's our last night. :)

We did this last night. It was a total bust. And I have some advice for people that book this... don't do it near the end of your trip.

The weather has been somewhat rainy so it was no surprise it was held inside. However... it was incredibly packed in. I literally could not get from my seat (Table 10) without asking people to get up from other tables. And I'm not big... the table layout was just about as dumb as possible. That alone made for a bad experience. I know why it has to be inside, but come on! Find somewhere that can accommodate the party size. It's also a lot more people than I thought... 12-ish tables of 10 people.

Now why you should NOT do this last or near the end of your trip. Frozen was down. I know it's down a lot, so keep that in mind. They offered soarin as an alternative but my kids are both too short. They offered to let us rider swap, but that's no fun. So yeah... no ride for us. They also gave people fastpasses for frozen until the end of the month, but we are leaving today. So no luck for us. They told us "thanks for understanding".

I thought the viewing location was nice and luckily not raining. But that plus some okay desserts (the brownie was good) was no way worth what we paid. Oh well, I booked this for dec 28, but going to cancel it. I was hoping the desserts at these parties would be tastier than typical club level desserts, but they are pretty comparable (meaning they are good/decent but not great).

Your experience may/will vary, and I'm sure it's nicer when rain isn't predicted.

I'm sorry that the alternatives didn't work out for you. We're both adults, so for us Soarin' would be a perfect alternative if FEA isn't running. We're mostly interested in making IllumiNations a little more special on our last night. I was very happy to learn that there would be no characters at this event when it was announced, so a character meet wouldn't be an appealing alternative to me unless it was one option with Soarin' as the other.

Good luck with that. Unfortunately the vast majority of Epcot CMs are not aware of the dessert party and are unable to tell guests where it's being held. You lucked out Monique, I won't be there.

I have heard that. However, OP needed info, my response (complete copy & paste for website) was for OP, since I am not there and haven't attended yet, and seemed like OP attended tonight.

OP needed info, my response (complete copy & paste for website) was for OP.
You did good.
It was just a heads up because I can't tell you how many times I've been told by guests who because Epcot CMs couldn't help them out, usually arrive late because they couldn't find the party location.
since I am not there and haven't attended yet, and seemed like OP attended tonight.
That was an error on my part, I meant to post 123SA not you as they were going not you. I corrected my post.

We attended the event on 8/31 and I truly can't say enough good things. I had originally booked an HEA garden viewing for tonight, but as we were staying at the Boardwalk we decided that being able to walk our one and three year old back quickly after the event would probably work better for our young family. Prior to our trip we decided that we would stay out one night in our 8 days to see fireworks as my daughter loved them on the 4th of July. The food and drinks were much better then we expected, and we really did enjoy them. I often read there are many great places around the world showcase to see the show, but for us not having to worry about where to go on the first night of Food & Wine was really nice. The glasses they hand out are pretty cool.
We weren't sure how our one year old would react as he had not seen fireworks before. When I asked for the best place to take him as a just in case scenario an amazing CM went out of his way to make sure we had a place to take him where he wouldn't be bothered by the noise and we could still see the show. He stood by the entrance waiting for us just in case. The second our son started to scream we were able to whisk him off and we weren't panicked about him bothering anyone around us. He was still having a hard time so the CM found a great little distraction for him. We got to still see the show from a decent vantage point and let our 3 year old ride FEA, which without being given some sort of accommodation would not have been the case. It was a true magical moment for us and was very appreciated.

Yeah! Enjoyed?

I attended 8/31 as well.

The good:
We liked the food offerings --especially the cheese fondue. The popcorn was a big hit too. The adult drink selection was nice as well. We preferred the selection at this party over the selection at the Star Wars dessert party.

We especially liked just sitting as a family and being able to talk for a bit.

We liked walking out of the park when it was fairly empty. The photopass photographers were still out, so we got some nice photos

The bad:
I feel like I should have received a discount for my obscured view. We were at table 25. IT was to the left of the bar along the fence (as you face the bar). I had read at some point that tables were assigned in the order it was reserved. I don't know. I was on-line booking it literally the moment it opened, so I'm not sure this is true. It is possible that Disney attempted to "accommodate" us because we had a wheelchair -- this happened at the Star Wars dessert party. (I didn't ask for the accommodation, I don't know how they knew we had a wheelchair in our party, and I didn't want it. Yet I was stuck with it. I had to track down a manager in order to view the fireworks with my son, husband and daughter -- the handicapped viewing had a total of 6 groups in it. It was about 1/3 full and the attendant said that me and my 11 year old couldn't go in. We were a party of five, all walking together and she dropped her arm down in front of me and said no. It was too crowded. We were the only people stopped. I'm sure of this because we were the last of the group. If they hadn't made us go to that spot, we would have just gone to the regular spot and watched it altogether, but of course by this time it was full. I found a manager who let us sit with the rest of my family.) Anyway, when we sat down at Epcot, I immediately thought that the view wouldn't work, but I convinced myself not to go complain. I was still angry about the Star Wars Dessert party and figured I was just being sensitive. I hadn't seen the show from this angle before and I stupidly assumed that of course we wouldn't spend $$$$ to be seated in an area where you cannot see the parts of the show that take place on the water. Our table was behind a very large bush and some strange pole. We were the only group that had to get up and find an area to see the fire part and the globe, which wasn't easy since I didn't want to step in front of another table and obscure their view. Once the fireworks started we sat down again, but I had to get up again to take a photo that wasn't of the pole. Honestly, this table was not at all acceptable. I loved the party, but unless they can guarantee that I wouldn't have to sit there, I wouldn't do it again. If you find yourself behind that bush and pole, ask to be moved immediately.

(Apparently there is a water fountain during the show too, totally didn't see that at all.)

I attended 8/31 as well.

The good:
We liked the food offerings --especially the cheese fondue. The popcorn was a big hit too. The adult drink selection was nice as well. We preferred the selection at this party over the selection at the Star Wars dessert party.

We especially liked just sitting as a family and being able to talk for a bit.

We liked walking out of the park when it was fairly empty. The photopass photographers were still out, so we got some nice photos

The bad:
I feel like I should have received a discount for my obscured view. We were at table 25. IT was to the left of the bar along the fence (as you face the bar). I had read at some point that tables were assigned in the order it was reserved. I don't know. I was on-line booking it literally the moment it opened, so I'm not sure this is true. It is possible that Disney attempted to "accommodate" us because we had a wheelchair -- this happened at the Star Wars dessert party. (I didn't ask for the accommodation, I don't know how they knew we had a wheelchair in our party, and I didn't want it. Yet I was stuck with it. I had to track down a manager in order to view the fireworks with my son, husband and daughter -- the handicapped viewing had a total of 6 groups in it. It was about 1/3 full and the attendant said that me and my 11 year old couldn't go in. We were a party of five, all walking together and she dropped her arm down in front of me and said no. It was too crowded. We were the only people stopped. I'm sure of this because we were the last of the group. If they hadn't made us go to that spot, we would have just gone to the regular spot and watched it altogether, but of course by this time it was full. I found a manager who let us sit with the rest of my family.) Anyway, when we sat down at Epcot, I immediately thought that the view wouldn't work, but I convinced myself not to go complain. I was still angry about the Star Wars Dessert party and figured I was just being sensitive. I hadn't seen the show from this angle before and I stupidly assumed that of course we wouldn't spend $$$$ to be seated in an area where you cannot see the parts of the show that take place on the water. Our table was behind a very large bush and some strange pole. We were the only group that had to get up and find an area to see the fire part and the globe, which wasn't easy since I didn't want to step in front of another table and obscure their view. Once the fireworks started we sat down again, but I had to get up again to take a photo that wasn't of the pole. Honestly, this table was not at all acceptable. I loved the party, but unless they can guarantee that I wouldn't have to sit there, I wouldn't do it again. If you find yourself behind that bush and pole, ask to be moved immediately.

(Apparently there is a water fountain during the show too, totally didn't see that at all.)

Thanks for the info. Definitely will note to remember for our party. So sorry that happened to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter