“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to show my AP card to get them so yes

Hmm, may I ask why you chose to pick them up rather then be mailed to you? And no, you don't have to pick them up as long as they are in your MDE account, you should be good to go however, on the MAIN page of this thread I have outlined why you should bring them.

@LucyBC80 I've given all the information which is based from what took place last year including links from those who reported here on the DIS. It is a fair warning and it's really up to you. :-)

Hmm, may I ask why you chose to pick them up rather then be mailed to you? And no, you don't have to pick them up as long as they are in your MDE account, you should be good to go however, on the MAIN page of this thread I have outlined why you should bring them.

@LucyBC80 I've given all the information which is based from what took place last year including links from those who reported here on the DIS. It is a fair warning and it's really up to you. :-)
I wasn't given a choice. I was told I had to show my AP card to pick up the tickets since I got the AP discount

I wasn't given a choice. I was told I had to show my AP card to pick up the tickets since I got the AP discount

AP's are tied to your MDE account. It automatically appears or should appear when you sign in. Even if you placed a call and gave them your personal info the CM should have seen your account unless your AP isn't active, is it?

I also bought the tickets using my AP discount but I bought it online and opted out of receiving a hard ticket (I don't live in the US). I got no pop up or anything stating I should bring my AP card (which I always carry anyway) or that I should go to will call. Since Magic Bands became a thing I never ever got a hard ticket to the parties I attended.

I also bought the tickets using my AP discount but I bought it online and opted out of receiving a hard ticket (I don't live in the US). I got no pop up or anything stating I should bring my AP card (which I always carry anyway) or that I should go to will call. Since Magic Bands became a thing I never ever got a hard ticket to the parties I attended.

I heard the shipping fees are insane if out of country., I'd definitely pass on that too. Though I would still get my plastic party ticket. ;) They're cute too and make a nice souvenir!

I heard the shipping fees are insane if out of country., I'd definitely pass on that too. Though I would still get my plastic party ticket. ;) They're cute too and make a nice souvenir!
It amounts to a third of the ticket price! A big NOPE on my part!

AP's are tied to your MDE account. It automatically appears or should appear when you sign in. Even if you placed a call and gave them your personal info the CM should have seen your account unless your AP isn't active, is it?
AP isn't activated yet. Maybe that is the difference? I was going to get it online but it was asking me to pay for them plus my room reservation which I wasn't prepared to do both as I had just made a payment on the room. THey did the same thing to me with the MVMCP ticket

Right now I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and book my plane ticket at $315 from Houston. Should I chance it going lower? Its actually a good price I think

Right now I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and book my plane ticket at $315 from Houston. Should I chance it going lower? Its actually a good price I think
Who are you flying with? We normally get our plane tickets for around $200-250

AP isn't activated yet. Maybe that is the difference? I was going to get it online but it was asking me to pay for them plus my room reservation which I wasn't prepared to do both as I had just made a payment on the room. THey did the same thing to me with the MVMCP ticket

In the future you should give them your confirmation number even it you only put down a deposit. The tickets can be mailed to you at no additional charge (for US residents). If you end up paying full price for the party tickets you can have them adjusted when you activate your AP at Guest Relations. This is just another option for you. You're perfectly fine! :-)

I usually wait for fall airline discounts but with the cost in fuel going up just recently I'm not sure. I would look to see on their website, if you can, how many seats are filled. I fly Delta and have this option.

I'm in Houston too but we booked with miles so I'm no help. If you don't mind waiting, I'd just price stalk and by at 3 months out. I was going to buy and save our miles if I could get $99 fares on Southwest.

I use the hopper app to decide. You plug in your info and it recommends when to book based on if prices are expected to drop or to increase.

I'm in Houston too but we booked with miles so I'm no help. If you don't mind waiting, I'd just price stalk and by at 3 months out. I was going to buy and save our miles if I could get $99 fares on Southwest.
Yea - I decided to wait a while longer. The return flight made it go up quite a bit unless I left at 7am - don't want that. Will keep stalking for a good price. I can also go out of Austin on SW if their fares go down. I live in BCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter