• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get in line earlier rather than later. No one should judge you if you tag team in line. Just make sure everyone is back before you get too close to the front.
I’ll second this. We tag team all the time. We all get in line together, all stay there for a bit, then DH takes the kids to ride somewhere near by. This way everyone around me knows my group size and there’s no issues when they return. I also make sure they are back in line with me well before our turn. You will not be the only one doing this, trust me!

This is our first MNSSHP and also our first special WDW ticketed event ever. We are bringing 2 DDs, almost 3 and 7. The younger one especially loves Moana. Will it be frowned upon if DH and I tag team waiting in line for her while the other one takes them on some rides nearby? Does the line die down at some point or should we just get in line at 4:30 or so and wait it out? Our little one likely can make it until 8:30 or so but then all bets are off (she's a good stroller sleeper, which is why we are going when she's so young).

No, not at all.

I’ll second this. We tag team all the time. We all get in line together, all stay there for a bit, then DH takes the kids to ride somewhere near by. This way everyone around me knows my group size and there’s no issues when they return. I also make sure they are back in line with me well before our turn. You will not be the only one doing this, trust me!
What if we want to tag team with someone who gets in line first and we switch after DH and I get our wristbands? We would only increase the group by 2 people so hopefully no one would mind.

What if we want to tag team with someone who gets in line first and we switch after DH and I get our wristbands? We would only increase the group by 2 people so hopefully no one would mind.

I think that would really be between you and the person behind you.

Hey guys!
This is our first Halloween party and I'm a little nervous. I could really use some help with my itinerary. Is there some tweaking you would do?

Party: Sept 7th
Attendees: Me, DH, DD (13), DS(7)-we are Disneybounding as Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, and Piglet

Sleep late and enjoy resort
Lunch Crystal Palace 1:00-enter on regular day ticket
FP+ 2:35-3:35 Buzz
Monsters Inc
People Mover
Astro Orbitor
FP+ 3:55-4:55 Space Mountain
5:00 Pick up treat bags and check in, etc...(Bypass or somewhere else?)
FP+ 5:15-6:15 Tomorrowland Speedway
Teacups
6:40-7:10 Queen of Hearts and Tweedles
7:15-7:45 Lotso
7:45-8:15Check out Scream-o-ween dance party and Trick or treat around Tomorrowland)
8:15 Head to Frontierland to see Gravediggers and Butler and find a spot for parade
8:30-9:35 Parade from Frontierland
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes fireworks from Casey's (maybe decide to stay in Frontierland)
10:30-12:00 Either watch Hocus Pocus or ride more rides in Adventureland/Liberty Square or check Moana line (whatever the kids feel like doing)
(Trick or treat as we go by)

Not sure if you're feeling better or still with us.

6:30-7:10 Queen of Hearts and Tweedles
7:15-7:45 Lotso
7:45-8:15 Check out Scream-o-ween dance party and Trick or treat around Tomorrowland)
8:15 Head to Frontierland to see Gravediggers and Butler and find a spot for parade - Grave Diggers Meet & Greet, I'm not following. The Butler walks through there after his set, so you might be able to catch him.
8:30-9:35 Parade from Frontierland
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes fireworks from Casey's (maybe decide to stay in Frontierland)
10:30-12:00 Either watch Hocus Pocus or ride more rides in Adventureland/Liberty Square or check Moana line (whatever the kids feel like doing)
(Trick or treat as we go by)

Sounds fun! Hope you have a great time!

Sept 18
Me, DH, DS16, DD18, DDBF20
Costumes: Queen of Hearts, King of Hearts, Ace of hearts guard, Alice, and Mad Hatter
Must have Snack:Zero Waffle Sundaes at Sleepy Hollow when ever we find our way there :)
Keeping our time line pretty simple:
3:30 Arrive at MK Party Entrance
3:30-4:30 FP Enchanted Tales with Belle
4:50-5:30 FP BTMRR
5:30 get to Jungle Cruise before 6pm
5:30-6:30 FP Buzz Space Ranger Spin (May skip and go straight to Stitch depending on the time)
After Fast passes:
6:45-7:20 Elvis Stitch M&G
7:30-9:00 Rides and Trick or Treating around
9:30-10:30 10:15 HalloWishes
10:30-11:50 11:15 Boo-To-You Parade at Main Street

I see the updates that you made, you look good. I will add:
Zero Waffle Sundaes at Sleepy Hollow - Usually a bit of a wait as the waffles are made per order. Allow at least 20/30 minutes.

I see the updates that you made, you look good. I will add:
Zero Waffle Sundaes at Sleepy Hollow - Usually a bit of a wait as the waffles are made per order. Allow at least 20/30 minutes.
I have a change of plani need help on can I send you a PM to ask advice?

Sept 18
Me, DH, DS2, Bro, SIL, Mom, dad
3:45 Arrive at MK Party Entrance
4-4:30 – enter, get treat bag, maybe some photo ops FP POTC
4:30-5:30 FP Jungle cruise (aim to get there right at 4:30 or ASAP after POTC)
5:00-5:30 meet Mickey at main st USA??? (check wait times when first get in, might be able to do right away before POTC
5:30-6 FP Buzz Space Ranger Spin
After Fast passes:
6- 6:30 – space mountain/people mover/ speedway/whatever looks good and we have time for
6:30 – TAG TEAM: get in line for stitch/ someone get snacks (might sub out for Mickey or other character; just figured we were in tomorrowland already)
7:30-9:00 Rides and Trick or Treating around rest of the park (HM, small world, little mermaid, etc). Possible M&G with Cinderella/Elena , Aladdin group if lines reasonable
9:15-10pm – parade wherever we can see from, or go get M&G photos? any characters having shorter lines at this point?
10:15-10:45 – hallowishes, again from wherever we are (frontierland was suggested to us)
11 pm-midnight – last few rides or photos, headless horseman shot as leaving

Tuesday, Sept 18 / Me, DH, DS2, Bro, SIL, Mom, dad

3:30-4:20 Arrive & Bypass - Guest have been let in at 3:50
4:00-4:25 FP POTC - Missing Time Frame and I have no idea how this will work, especially if you plan on getting photos at the Bybass.
4:30-4:50
Jungle cruise FP+ 4:30-5:30
5:00-5:30 Mickey Town Square Theater
5:35-5:50 Buzz Space Ranger Spin FP+5:30-6
6:00-6:30 space mountain/people mover/ speedway/whatever looks good and we have time for
6:35-7:15 Stitch
– TAG TEAM: someone get snacks (might sub out for Mickey or other character; just figured we were in tomorrowland already)
7:30-9:00 Rides and Trick or Treating around rest of the park (HM, small world, little mermaid, etc). Possible M&G with Cinderella/Elena , Aladdin group if lines reasonable
9:15-10pm – parade wherever we can see from, or go get M&G photos? any characters having shorter lines at this point?
10:15-10:45 – hallowishes, again from wherever we are (frontierland was suggested to us)
11 pm-midnight – last few rides or photos, headless horseman shot as leaving

Priorities: Rides, photos, fun. Don't care about special treats, shopping, or any shows particularly.

This is my first every MNSSHP and our only disney day this trip. I want us to be able to get the full disney experience and go home with some great photos and meet a character or two, though Im not picky about *who* since I have concerns about my son crying meeting characters and thus wasting an hour in line haha. Please feel free to comment/suggest/tweak, thanks!!

I think I would like to try to the Maleficent cone, but wont go out of my way for it. I also am thinking we don't want to be right up front for fireworks or even parade, since my son has never seen either and might be scared.

Maleficent Waffle Cone $5.29 is at Storybook Treats. It is an "Anytime Treat" which means you can get whenever you want. You will not need to wait until 6pm or 7pm. Allow at least 20/30 minutes. You're good to go! have a fun trip!

Okay, so I've had a look at the showtimes and I can see you've got a good point there. So I've tried to make a tentative plan.

So I'm going with DH on Sept 18, though we haven't bought our tickets yet. We're probably just going to have a lie in and pool day before the party, so we'll just arrive when we feel like it, or by 4pm the latest. We have a UK 21 day ticket, so we've got more park entries than we'll use anyway, so we're not bothered about using a park ticket for an hour or two early entry.

Looking at the Magic Shots from last year, I think I want to do them all after dark, so should I aim to do an earlier show of the Hocus Pocus? I don't mind doing the first show so I can do the rest later. Also, do you know if the actors on POTC comes out at 6pm or 7pm? If they come out at 7pm, we'll hit the queue around 7pm instead as we don't want to miss that.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that we don't have to do all the magic shots during the party, as long as we get the ones that you can only get at the party that night, we can do the other ones on another day.

Your plan is loosely written the way you wanted but have you seen the Magic Shot Thread? Link: Post #10
8.00 - 9.15 Magic shots + ToT - This will not be enough time to get all of them done and go Trick or Treating. I'm sure there are more MS out there that have not been published. To save on time, I would ask each photographer what MS they can do. Some can and have done more. Have a great trip if you go!

Just finished reading this whole thread! We are heading to our very first ever MNSSHP this September! I am torn between dates - Sunday Sept 16 and Tuesday Sept 18. I've heard that Tuesdays are *typically* less busy?

• Likely Tuesday Sept 18 (unless you think Sunday Sept 16 is a better date)
  • Myself, Dad, Sister, Brother
  • Arrive between 3:00-3:45pm
  • Haven't determined any timing but this is what we'd like to do:
    • Must Dos:
    • 7 Dwarfs M&G
    • Pooh & Friends M&G
    • Boo-To-You Parade (open to location)
    • Hallowishes
    • Hocus Pocus show (likely later show)
    • Tag Team some treats!
    • A couple trick or treat spots
    • A couple magic shots
    • Only if time allows:
    • M&G: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy
    • Would hop on a few rides if time permits (Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, BTMRR, HM, Pirates)
    • Snag a SotMK card
We plan on going to MK during the morning and then a rest early afternoon at the hotel and get into our costumes before heading to the party and we have a couple other MK days so we are happy spending our time doing party stuff over doing rides/regular MK stuff. We'll likely need to grab a CS dinner sometime. We are still early in our planning process and are very open to suggestions from seasoned veterans!! :)

You would definitely have to line up for Dwarfs use Tag Team for rides which you should be able to get 2 done. Line up for Pooh M&G use Tag Team for one ride maybe snack or restroom break.

M&G: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy - These are separate M&G's, Mickey at Town Square Theater on Main Street.
Minnie, Donald with Daisy - Two separate lines in Storybook Circus. See: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-134#post-59639804"]Post #2665[/URL]. This sounds like a fun time!

Ok am going to give this a try:

Sept 25 3 adults
Self, nephew, his wife

3:30-4:30 bypass for photos, map, bags, SotMK card
4:40-5:00 FP Buzz
5:05-5:40. FP Jungle Cruise
5:50-6:20 DIS meet at HM
6:30-7:15 Ducks
Tag Team: You have one hour/Line up for Popcorn bucket at 6:45 if interested, lines did form. If did not get on Sunday
7:20-8:00 burger at Cosmic Rays mobile order
8:05-8:25 Rides
8:30-8:45 Cadaver Dans
8:45-9:30 ToT and Rides
9:40-10:30 HalloWishes
10:50-11:45 BTY Parade in Frontierland
11:45-12:20 Hocus Pocus
12:30 Headless Horseman Magic Shot

Is this doable? The other option I was considering, is having the Nephew and wife get in line for 7Dwarves and go join them after I get the Pooh shot

6:30-7:15 Ducks
Tag Team: You have one hour/Line up for Popcorn bucket at 6:45 if interested, lines did form. If did not get on Sunday - You do not have one hour here. I'm not sure which PC bucket you plan on getting, but lines formed early. If using Tag Team, you should go to the Ducks and the other two should get in line at the PC stand then they can meet you at the Ducks.
11:45-12:20 Hocus Pocus
Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card? At City Hall.
12:30 Headless Horseman Magic Shot

Have a great night! And low crowds, no bad weather or long ToT lines! :P

Sept 23 Me bounding as Donald Duck

Trying to get the M&Gs out of way for this party, main stuff will be at Sept 25 party. Will ToT on the way to different locations

4-4:20 Wristband, Bypass
4:20-5 FP - wherever I can find one - I will be there all day
5-6:00 Ride Fantasyland rides
6:00-7:10 Pooh and Friends
7:10 -7:30 try to get Oogie boogie popcorn
7:30-8:45 Ducks and Minnie and Goofy and anyone else I can find
8:45-9 Gravediggers
9-9:45 - Parade at train station and SotMK card
9:45 Mickey then head out to meet nephew and his wife and do Headless Horseman shot on way out

6:15-7:10 Pooh and Friends - Arriving at 6pm might be a bit too early but I would definitely keep my eye on the crowds and that area. Look for the party wristbands. ;)

UPDATE - Itineraries

September 30th & all of October Peeps, if you plan on watching Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular remember we get FOUR shows to choose from!

upload_2018-9-6_15-18-18.png

September 30th - October 31st: 7:40, 8:35, 10:45 & 12:00 AM

We were at the September 3 party, and I just want to say THANK YOU for all the work that goes in to helping us all plan out our itineraries. We were able to get everything we wanted done, and followed our itinerary pretty much to the letter. We just got home from our trip last night. I went in to the party with good intentions to post updates, but with the craziness of the night I never got around to it.

We were so worried that the weather would not cooperate, but everything turned out fine. There was just a light drizzle when we left AOA that afternoon, but it all cleared up by the time we arrived at MK. We were afraid that we would be too hot in our costumes (Peter Pan, Wendy, Tink, Tiger Lily) but the heat really was not an issue at all.

After arriving at MK at 3:45, we went straight to pick up our wristbands and treat bags, and then we picked up our Sorcerer's card. From there we headed straight to get in line for Jack and Sally. We got in line for them at 4:30, they came out at 5:00, and we were finished by 5:30. At that point we went to line up for the 7 Dwarves. That was a much longer line, but we were indoors in air conditioning and were able to sit down. I think we were in line by about 5:45, and we finished up with them at 7:15.

After that, we managed to do the following:
Ride the Mad Tea Party, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, eat dinner at Cosmic Ray's - Muenster Smash Burger, flag down Cruella de Ville as she was walking through Fantasy Land and get a photo with her, ride Haunted Mansion, spend time interacting with Madame Carlotta, eat a Jack Skellington Push Pop, ride Pirates of the Caribbean, ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin, meet up with some old friends for a few minutes who also happened to be at the party that night, watch a little bit of the Scream O Ween Dance Party, and stop by nearly all of the Trick or Treat stations.

We watched the fireworks from off to the side of the castle - not the best view of the projections, but not a big deal to us at all. At 11PM we staked out a front row viewing spot for the second parade from Main Street. It was incredible! We only waited there for about 15 minutes before the Headless Horseman came along. The parade got to us at about 11:30, and after it ended, we made our way as close as we could get to the castle for the Hocus Pocus show. After the show, we headed right out and got right in line for the Headless Horseman magic shot at the park entrance - no line, no waiting.

Overall, it was an incredible night, and we could not have asked for a better first experience at MNSSHP!

We were at the September 3 party, and I just want to say THANK YOU for all the work that goes in to helping us all plan out our itineraries. We were able to get everything we wanted done, and followed our itinerary pretty much to the letter. We just got home from our trip last night. I went in to the party with good intentions to post updates, but with the craziness of the night I never got around to it.

We were so worried that the weather would not cooperate, but everything turned out fine. There was just a light drizzle when we left AOA that afternoon, but it all cleared up by the time we arrived at MK. We were afraid that we would be too hot in our costumes (Peter Pan, Wendy, Tink, Tiger Lily) but the heat really was not an issue at all.

After arriving at MK at 3:45, we went straight to pick up our wristbands and treat bags, and then we picked up our Sorcerer's card. From there we headed straight to get in line for Jack and Sally. We got in line for them at 4:30, they came out at 5:00, and we were finished by 5:30. At that point we went to line up for the 7 Dwarves. That was a much longer line, but we were indoors in air conditioning and were able to sit down. I think we were in line by about 5:45, and we finished up with them at 7:15.

Ride the Mad Tea Party, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, eat dinner at Cosmic Ray's - Muenster Smash Burger, flag down Cruella de Ville as she was walking through Fantasy Land and get a photo with her, ride Haunted Mansion, spend time interacting with Madame Carlotta, eat a Jack Skellington Push Pop, ride Pirates of the Caribbean, ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin, meet up with some old friends for a few minutes who also happened to be at the party that night, watch a little bit of the Scream O Ween Dance Party, and stop by nearly all of the Trick or Treat stations.

We watched the fireworks from off to the side of the castle - not the best view of the projections, but not a big deal to us at all. At 11PM we staked out a front row viewing spot for the second parade from Main Street. It was incredible! We only waited there for about 15 minutes before the Headless Horseman came along. The parade got to us at about 11:30, and after it ended, we made our way as close as we could get to the castle for the Hocus Pocus show. After the show, we headed right out and got right in line for the Headless Horseman magic shot at the park entrance - no line, no waiting.

Overall, it was an incredible night, and we could not have asked for a better first experience at MNSSHP!
Sounds like an extremely successful night!

FANTASTIC! Thank you for letting us know. We hope DISer's can post but understand things happen. From the reports of others this party has been one of the best so far. Hope you came back with some goodies and stories to share with those close to you. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter