“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

I'd do EXACTLY that in a heartbeat! I loved the pool at the Royal so much!
I so hope this trip happens! I really like staying at Royal and the perks for the price are wonderful!
You will LOVE it!! Sooooo good!
I can’t wait to ride Hagrid’s it has such awesome reviews!
personally am loving that they added park hours for my trip. Hopefully that cuts down the wait times too.
I’m glad. The park hours were so short for our January trip, it didn’t even make PH seem doable.
Congrats! I just registered for mine here in New Jersey. My grouping isn't quiet yet, but I feel good knowing I am on the list. I am ready to get this show on the road!
That is good you can register for it, my husband can’t yet and my kids will be last in line. My mom did get hers.
June will be good too! We are missing our annual February Trip and I am feeling the sadness lately. At least you have March to look forward to.
We have never been in June, I know it will be hot but we don’t mind the heat. December is the only month we haven’t been if we make the June trip!
I am with Andi! The waits are rough right now! And the fact that the lines are outside of the ques also is not idea if it is hot out. Going in June might help with this... Maybe things will change by then. Park hopping will def help with getting to outdoor restaurants.
Of course this week looks really quiet and we canceled ugh! Oh well. Andi hates long waits so it will be interesting for her! Patience use to be her virtue now not so much, lol 😆
Sorry you're not feeling well (although your description made me laugh), but very happy for you that you're fully vaccinated.
It didn’t last more than 24 hours so that was good
can't wait!
(Although now I'm not looking forward to the yucky feeling part of it.)
My best nursing advice to you is premedicate with Tylenol or ibuprofen about 30 minutes before the vaccine and then take the above meds every 6 hours for about 24 hours, this will help!!
Hope that works out well for you.
June will be a new month for us, good to check it off the list! Fingers crossed March and June happen!

Hi Caroline! Your plans sound great! :flower1: It will be so nice to have Park Hopping back when you go. It seems that every month, more options open up for the guests. I hope you and Andi have an amazing time! You deserve it!
I am so excited about PH, we love to do that. I don’t think we have done 1 park per day in over 5 years at least! I sure hope we can go in March, time will tell.
And I am so glad you had the opportunity to get the vaccine! Most of the ER staff where I work have had their second shots, but now, the people who resisted getting the vaccine for various reasons, are all coming down with Covid-19. We don't have herd immunity yet!)
I am very glad to have had the opportunity to get the vaccine. Our numbers have decreased quite a bit, however like you we are having pockets of spread on certain units in the hospital 🏥 I hope that improves. I know almost every nurse and staff member in my department got the vaccine 💉
Hi Caroline! So nice to hear from you with an an update! I am very happy to hear that you have received both doses of the vaccine....that is excellent news! I am hoping for mine this spring as I am in tier two as school staff. Can't wait!
Thanks Susan! I am so happy I was able to get the vaccine. It is so important for everyone that is able to get one to do so as soon as it is offered! I hope you can get yours soon!
Beautiful! Jack and I are doing one night at Gran Destino before the DVC portion of our trip. I moved our dates up to August 7-15 just in case we still have to quarantine upon return.
We will miss each other in August now! I love Gran Destino and look forward to staying there. We can even check out the bar now that Andi is of age, yay 😀
Your plans sound great and I really hope they come to fruition!
You and me both!
Congrats on the vaccine and the trip planning!
Wise moving the January trip to June. You'll be more relaxed then to fully enjoy it!
March trip sounds great!
June and December are the only 2 months we have not been to WDW and I plan to remedy that this year! Do plan on going this year? I hope so!

Sounds like a fun trip, Caroline!

And congrats on getting your second vaccine! :cool1: I got mine last week and about 16 hours after I got it I got a fever (102.5) and chills and felt really awful:crazy2: But I felt batter about 12 hours after that and I'm so thankful I got it!
Thank you Kelly, I hope we can do the March trip! I have now canceled 4 trips since the pandemic started. That is sad 😞
A few my coworkers had a fever as well. I just kept medicating myself with Tylenol or Ibuprofen and it did help. I’m glad you didn‘t feel sick for to long, that was a high fever 🤒
I am so glad to hear you've had the vaccine
Thank you Tracy! I am glad I had the 2 doses now! I hope everyone can get one soon.
Absolutely. Just to be driving through the Disney gates and be on property will be such a treat. It's been nearly a year to the day since I've been and I miss it so much :sad: I am so hoping your March trip will be everything you are hoping for and more. Can't wait to hear more about it as it gets closer! :goodvibes
It has been a whole year since we were there! So just soaking in the atmosphere will be wonderful! I will update again. I did make my dining ADR’s a couple days ago, yay!
I am glad you are fully vaccinated!
Thank you Alexis! I read All about the vaccine and did feel comfortable getting it! Science is amazing!
really hope your March trip gets to happen, sounds like a fun time planned!!
I do too. Really missing Disney atmosphere 🎆

It didn’t last more than 24 hours so that was good
Good!
My best nursing advice to you is premedicate with Tylenol or ibuprofen about 30 minutes before the vaccine and then take the above meds every 6 hours for about 24 hours, this will help!!
Ohhhhh... thanks for the tip! Makes perfect sense.
June will be a new month for us, good to check it off the list! Fingers crossed March and June happen!
Hmmmm... not sure if I've been in June? Maybe? :confused3

We have never been in June, I know it will be hot but we don’t mind the heat. December is the only month we haven’t been if we make the June trip!
You should plan an early December trip as well!!! It is the best! But I guess Andi would be in school still, huh? Maybe a short one right after Thanksgiving?

June and December are the only 2 months we have not been to WDW and I plan to remedy that this year! Do plan on going this year? I hope so!
Unfortunately I think it will be 2022 before we can visit :(
This is the longest we've gone from visiting WDW since our first trip in1994. We usually go once a year for 2 weeks (occasionally longer) but in 2019 we all went to Portugal and rented a beautiful villa fully expecting to visit WDW in 2020. That'll teach us to make plans :rotfl: Fingers crossed we get back soon :goodvibes

Unfortunately I think it will be 2022 before we can visit :(
This is the longest we've gone from visiting WDW since our first trip in1994. We usually go once a year for 2 weeks (occasionally longer) but in 2019 we all went to Portugal and rented a beautiful villa fully expecting to visit WDW in 2020. That'll teach us to make plans :rotfl: Fingers crossed we get back soon :goodvibes
I sure hope you get to plan a trip for 2022! It is so hard to keep canceling trips, so sad! I keep making plans for additional trips this year to make use of our AP!

I didn’t realize you haven’t ridden Hagrids! Omg it’s amazing, you’ll have to do it twice so you can each ride in the sidecar and on the bike!

and you know how I feel about those macaroons :love: So happy you have all your trips to look forward to. FYI June was the only month I hadn’t been to Orlando but we fixed that last year when Universal opened, it was hot but NOT August hot lol

I didn’t realize you haven’t ridden Hagrids! Omg it’s amazing, you’ll have to do it twice so you can each ride in the sidecar and on the bike!

and you know how I feel about those macaroons :love: So happy you have all your trips to look forward to. FYI June was the only month I hadn’t been to Orlando but we fixed that last year when Universal opened, it was hot but NOT August hot lol
I am really excited to ride Hagrid’s hopefully sooner than later, who knows! I have been reading about possible Florida travel restrictions again, ugh, I can’t win.
I think June and December are now the only 2 months we haven’t been. I hope to remedy that!
Have a fun Birthday trip!!

Sounds like a fun trip, Caroline!

And congrats on getting your second vaccine! :cool1: I got mine last week and about 16 hours after I got it I got a fever (102.5) and chills and felt really awful:crazy2: But I felt batter about 12 hours after that and I'm so thankful I got it!

Got my 2nd dose too and other than a sore arm felt pretty good. No fever or GI stuff this time around thankfully.
I so hope this trip happens! I really like staying at Royal and the perks for the price are wonderful!

For sure, I'll bet they are!
I can’t wait to ride Hagrid’s it has such awesome reviews!

It is so over-the-top. Just a fantastic ride in every respect.
I’m glad. The park hours were so short for our January trip, it didn’t even make PH seem doable.

I get that. WE still did, but spent the evenings eating some great meals at The Springs.

I would fully concur with this and did it for myself last week.

Last edited:
That is awesome!! Keep me updated. I just read about the vaccines starting in the UK today. 28 days and you will be immune to this awful virus 🦠 I hope we get to start the process soon!
I was being to literal when you said that, I thought you got it today, I was really impressed, lol! I saw the 90 year old lady get in the UK. I know that wasn’t you, haha 😂
Whoop whoop got my first jab on Saturday past! Hope is on the horizon. Next shot not until end of APRIL but still I'm happy to have got my 1st :goodvibes

get that. WE still did, but spent the evenings eating some great meals at The Springs.
I‘m excited to try some new places at DS, I have Cityworks, Wine Bar George, and The Boathouse ressies so far!
t is so over-the-top. Just a fantastic ride in every respect.
I have heard nothing but awesome reviews for Hagrid’s very excited to ride
Got my 2nd dose too and other than a sore arm felt pretty good. No fever or GI stuff this time around thankfully.
Yay! I am glad you didn’t feel to awful!
Whoop whoop got my first jab on Saturday past! Hope is on the horizon. Next shot not until end of APRIL but still I'm happy to have got my 1st
I love how you all say the Jab, My son Jack and I say that now all the time, 😂 He was telling me his friend, who is a nurse, got his jab! My mom had her jab and has the second one tomorrow. Why do you have to wait until end of April? That is way past the 21-28 day recommendation. I sure hope Jack, Andi, and Joe can get their Jab soon! Probably still a few months out for them.

Last edited:
I love how you all say the Jab, My son Jack and I say that now all the time, 😂 He was telling me his friend, who is a nurse, got his jab! My mom had her jab and has the second one tomorrow. Why do you have to wait until end of April? That is way past the 21-28 day recommendation. I sure hope Jack, Andi, and Joe can get their Jab soon! Probably still a few months out for them.
Glad you're all getting jabbed ( hope Andi and Jack don't have too long to wait) and really wish my second was sooner but apparently the powers that be looked at the evidence and decided to concentrate on getting as many people as possible their first vaccine in order to decrease the number of people being admitted to hospital/dying from covid. As long as your 2nd jab within 12 weeks of the 1st (mine is 10 weeks) they say it will still have full protection one week after the 2nd jab and 70%+ protection 3 weeks after the 1st. I got the pfizer so I'm not sure if those getting the Oxford jab are getting their 2nd dose sooner than me. Hopefully all over 50s will have had their 1st jab by the end of April and all adults by end July. I did ask if things moved faster than hoped could I move mine forward but the nurse said that it was unlikely to be the case. I do feel like there is light on the horizon-it's been a long long year! All being well my older kids and grandson will be able to visit us inside the houose from middle May which will be amazing!

Glad you're all getting jabbed ( hope Andi and Jack don't have too long to wait) and really wish my second was sooner but apparently the powers that be looked at the evidence and decided to concentrate on getting as many people as possible their first vaccine in order to decrease the number of people being admitted to hospital/dying from covid. As long as your 2nd jab within 12 weeks of the 1st (mine is 10 weeks) they say it will still have full protection one week after the 2nd jab and 70%+ protection 3 weeks after the 1st. I got the pfizer so I'm not sure if those getting the Oxford jab are getting their 2nd dose sooner than me. Hopefully all over 50s will have had their 1st jab by the end of April and all adults by end July. I did ask if things moved faster than hoped could I move mine forward but the nurse said that it was unlikely to be the case. I do feel like there is light on the horizon-it's been a long long year! All being well my older kids and grandson will be able to visit us inside the houose from middle May which will be amazing!
That is good!, I had the Pfizer as well. I think getting As many vaccinated with some protection is a good idea! The severe illness and death reduction is sooo needed!! The roll out here is slow as well. Most people over 65 are getting it now in our town. Our rates are way down in Minnesota, fingers crossed it stays that way 🤞

Hello Everyone

I am checking in with trip plans! I’m not sure if anyone has been taking bets on my trips, will they go or won’t they. The odds are 6 to1 so far, lol. Six trips rescheduled. If I was a gambler I would say she is canceling again. It is all in the wording right! I technically am rescheduling. Lol 😂

Andi is still nervous 😬 and I found out, late last week, one of my coworkers will be out for 6-8 weeks. This makes it so hard for me to be on vacation. I decided to have my TA change our dates again! She must love me, haha 😆

New dates are 4/20-4/27 at WDW, staying at the lovely Gran Destino lake view room. We will also spend 2 nights at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal. This will be at the end of trip, 4/27-4/29. I will still plan to get Annual Passes at Universal by upgrading our current tickets. This will come in handy for the other trips I have planned this year and early next year.

I have decided to go on the trip even if my favorite sidekick does not. I have found out Ariana will be down there the same time and we plan to meet up and tour together. This will be really nice. We met on the Epic trip. I am excited too see her again. I may cancel the Universal part if Andi doesn’t come.

It is so odd to have pushed out and canceled so many trips. This is the first time in 12 years we haven’t gone to Disney when we had it planned. It is also the longest we have been away from the parks in at least 10 years!

There are some positives about changing to late April, flights were cheaper, so I got another credit, crowds will hopefully be a little less, Ariana will be there, flower and garden, and I paid a little less for our reservations, yay!

The big negative is I have to wait longer for my Disney fix!

We arrive around 2:30pm the first night and right now I have MK booked. I am not sure if I will change it or not. It will depend on the hours. I have City Works Eatery scheduled at 7:30pm in DS. I have heard good things and you can be seated outside.

I have Epcot planned with Via Napoli on day 2

DHS on day 3 with Wine Bar George at 7:30pm

DAK on day 4 with a hop to Epcot for La Hacienda at 6:30pm

MK on day 5, I am not sure about our meal this day, maybe Tony’s to sit outside??

DHS on day 6, I am thinking lounges this day for drinks and small bites

DAK on day 7, I have The Boathouse scheduled for 7:15pm

MK on day 8 for a few hours in the am, we will then head over to Universal for 2 nights.

We will have Express pass for our days there, yay! I think we will eat at Jake’s and on City Walk. I will get donuts from Vodoo and macarons from Toothsome’s Emporium. Frozen butter beer is always a favorite! I want to try an ice cream sundae in Harry Potter World at the ice cream shop. I may even go on the Mummy! It scares me but I also really love it! ET is also a big favorite of mine.

These are my plans and I am sticking to them, right? You all can start your betting now, 😂

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. Dare I say our COVID-19 numbers are so low right now, yay! I hope it keeps getting better and everyone that wants a vaccine will be able to get one soon! There is optimism in the air! 🎈🎆

See ya real soon. :earsgirl::smickey:

I had some really cool gifs and for some reason the Dis is not letting me post them, oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter