09/16/06 Double Scoop Group- see ya real soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you? I know I miss it too. I have tried to follow that Ty Pennington thing, but the threads are just too long? Is it cold up there yet? We are still having 70 degree weather. We have had a few cold days but not many.

Take care,

Hey guys! I'm still alive to.

I have been very busy since the cruise. It took several weeks for me to get completely caught up from work. So much happened while I was gone this time. I usually have no problem catching up after a week off. Anyway, after getting caught up, I have been busy planning the Christmas trip to Disney. We leave December 15th, get to WDW on the 16th and don't leave until the 29th. We are so excited.

I can't wait to get to the warmer weather. It has been down in the twenties and thirties at night here. Twice, I have left my car out of the garage and then had to scrape the windows in the mornings. I hate that! I'm hoping that the Florida weather is unusually warm this year. We would love to run around in shorts and t-shirts the entire time we are there. I know that it won't be that nice for two full weeks, but Disney is doing Year of Million Dreams. My dream is for sunshine!

Well, hopefully, more people will stop in to say "Hello". The two Amanda's have started their own board. For some reason, it won't let me post on the board. I posted a few times and then got kicked off. So Amanda X 2, if you read this please let me know how to post again.

Well, I'd better try to get some work done. It's good to hear from some of you again.

Hi Gail,

I hope youhave warmer weather next month. We took are brownbag lunch to the beach today. It was beautiful.

When you go to Amanda's site youhave to log in. It doesn't always know . If you can see you name at the top then you are logged in. I hope that helps.

Have a good one.
Joanne

Hi everyone! :wave: I hope this finds everyone well! I was just sitting here thinking about the cruise and thought I would see if anyone has checked into this thread. I know it was only a few months ago, but my goodness it feels like a lifetime since we were on the ship. I miss it sooooo much! Although, Eric has figured out how to make the perfect Konk Kooler. I can't wait for the weather to be warm again so I can really enjoy them. Konk Koolers just aren't the same when it's 35 degrees outside!

Gail are you still having trouble with the site? If so PM me and we can figure out what's going on.

ericamanda01 said:
Hi everyone! :wave: I hope this finds everyone well! I was just sitting here thinking about the cruise and thought I would see if anyone has checked into this thread. I know it was only a few months ago, but my goodness it feels like a lifetime since we were on the ship. I miss it sooooo much! Although, Eric has figured out how to make the perfect Konk Kooler. I can't wait for the weather to be warm again so I can really enjoy them. Konk Koolers just aren't the same when it's 35 degrees outside!

Gail are you still having trouble with the site? If so PM me and we can figure out what's going on.

Hello girl! How are you? The last time I tried to post at the Cove it said that I could not post. I still sign on and read from time to time. Let me know what I am doing wrong!

I have been so busy. We leave Friday Dec 15th for our two weeks at WDW for Christmas. We are major excited. We have Candlelight Processional on 17th, MVMCP on 19th and Carriage Ride on 23rd. We got the Dining Plan so we have ADR's for all our favorite restaurants: Boma, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare and O'Hana. We have Mickey's Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue for the 28th. We just can't wait.

Are you guys still planning Disneyland? If so, when? That will probably be our next major trip. I'm sort of waiting for the rest of DCL 2008 itenerary. If they do Alaska as rumored, we will be doing that. My DD is wanting to do Mall of America, so we may do that for Spring Break this year.

It's so good to hear from you!!!

Look what we did everyone?
100_1155.jpg

I ruined Christmas cuz I just COULD NOT wait!

What cute puppies!!!!

It is so cold here in Michigan, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.... We will be a disney in January, I can't wait. We are pulling the kids out of school and starting to homeschool them so we are taking a vacation before we get started. I hope everyone is doing well and that everyone has a great christmas.... what I would give to be on that ship!!!!

amy

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. I am so not ready for Christmas. My kids want very specific and pensive things. So Patrick is getting an IOU for the playstation3 and Scott is buying his own electric guitar.

Amanda, did you get three dogs????

Well I booked the 2007 DVC member cruise, it's more expensive than a 7 day. But if looks like fun so we are giving it a try.

When do the Fall 2008 rates come out so we can all book again???

Well I need to get back to the Christmas cards.

Have a great holiday.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

JOANNEL said:
When do the Fall 2008 rates come out so we can all book again???

I asked on these boards today, and the response was late March or early April. I'm waiting on them also.

Those puppies look so cute! Oh My Gosh! Mekayla's dog died back in November so we got a new puppy, too (he's five months now) we called him "Gizmo" That's what he looks like, too. I'll upload a picture of him soon. Carnival wasn't too scary... we got home Sunday (the 4th) Mekayla said the kid's club sucked and their cookies aren't worth ordering room service for, but other than that, the cruise wasn't so bad, and at $400.00 a person...can't beat that! Belieze was amazing, I'd go back there anyday.

hmmmm. The terain was similar - the mayan ruins in Costa Maya were pretty awesome...when we got off the Glory in Costa Maya we left the Cruise shopping pier and went looking for David and Ivan from the Nature Tour (the tour we took in September) and we saw David and said hello. He remembered me and Mekayla (I think it was the facial tattoos) anyways...then we went to Majhual or however you spell it and hung out on the beach and snorkeled. In Belize (the next day) we went cave tubing - what a hoot! We had to hike about a mile in the jungle (very muddy, dirty job) and then we got into a lagoon type area with inner tubes (those big black ones) and then we lazily road down the river through cave systems. Very cool! Other than the hour drive in and out of the jungle we didn't get to see a lot of the countryside of Belize but it looked like Costa Maya. If we had more time in Belieze I would have liked to go into the city. But cave tubing was a trip. You can see some of the pictures from the tour company at www.cave-tubing.com

Hope everyone is doing well...havent heard from yall here or there so would love to hear from everyone!

We are all doing good, me and the DW are waiting on our August crusie across the Atlantic to bring the Magic home.......
I have heard they are going to do some more double dips in 2008, anyone thinking about a repeat????
pirate:

We are looking at October of 08. But all our double dip buddies are doing the Panama canal. We can't get that much time off and the kids go back to college in late August. So we have to go in the fall. The magic is going to be in dry dock in Sept. So it looks like we will go in October. I would like to do Eastern. I love the three sea days.

have a great Friday.

Sasha,
I hope you are still watching...... The pool is warm and floating has begun.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter