09/16/06 Double Scoop Group- see ya real soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzneprincess

This page intentionally left blank
pindesign.jpg
Ok OK I know I am nutz, but hopefully myself and my family will be sailing on this cruise, as well as our 05-27-06 cruise! I would love to get our thread started early, I know of at least one other DISer who will be sailing and that is EricAmanda01! So come on girl, get over here and post! I rebooked this sailing on board the 11-27-04 Magic

Here's what's been planned this far, in case you haven't had a chance to go over all the posts:

1) DISers Meet - Sailway Party on Deck 10 Starboard right after drill

2) Double Scoop Group Website - Post your info or PM Karen (TADsMommy)

3) Double Scoop Group Gallery - Send you family picture(s) to Rhonda

4) Goodies - we will be ordering wristbands and buttons, post or PM ericamanda01 for wristbands and sirena (me) for buttons. Both will be around $2- $3 each. Click here for the wristband picture.

5) Door signs/Tshirts - I have posted two designs that you could use for tshirts or door sign. PM or post your email address so I can send you the jpegs for designs including the buttons.

6) Tag game - We will be using the list from the Double Scoop Group website for the tag game.

Graphic for our cruise..please feel free to use for iron on or make us all t shirts! :lmao:

tshirtidea2.jpg

Port Canaveral (Saturday)

Palo Dinner
WldWcnWmn (Thea)
purpletart (Cindy)
AAOSAM
Candy cole

Castaway cay (Sunday)

StingRays

WldWcnWmn (Thea)
purpletart (Cindy)
seashells (asha) 10am
akasleepingbeauty (Rhonda) 11a
Gacruisers
AAOSam2
Smoothsailing
CruiseForFun
PaulaSillars - 11am
Pumba's Mom 2:00

Seahorse Catamaran
Candycole

Banana Boat
WldWcnWmn (Thea)
purpletart (Cindy)

Parasailing
seashells

Eco Tour
Joannel
Spectro is #1 145pm

Snorkle
Gacruisers
Gail
gssmks (Gail)

Glassbottom boats
Gacruisers

Nature walk & Kayak
Misterfibble & Tiggery

Sea Day (Monday)

Palo Dinner
Gacruisers

Costa Maya (Tuesday)

Resort snorkel & beach break
ericamanda01
dzneprincess
Gail

dolphin encounter
akasleepingbeauty (Rhonda)

Majahaul beach
seashells (Asha)
akasleepingbeaty (Rhonda) After dolphin encounter
candycole

David&Ivan ruins tour
WldWcnWmn (Thea)
purpletart (Cindy)
Julie
gssmks(Gail)

Dune Buggy
Joannel
AAOSAM2

Chaccohoben Ruins
Gacruisers
Smoothsailing
CruiseForFun
PaulaSillars (tentative as we might do David and Ivan's one instead)
submarine
ga cruisers 12:50
AAOSAM2
Gail
gssmks(Gail 12:50)

Xcaret
Smothsailing
CruiseForFun
Candycole

Tulum Ruins
PaulaSillars

Sea Day (Thursday)

High Tea

PALO dinner
ericamanda01
dzneprincess
Gail
Misterfibble & Tiggery
gssmks(Gail)

Palo brunch
Gacruisers
Misterfibble & Tiggery

PALO Brunch (private Room) 10:30 am
ericamanda01 (Amanda )
dzneprincess (Amanda)
WldWcnWmn (Thea)
purpletart (Cindy)
seashells (Asha)
Joannel (Joanne& Denise)
skoi (Julie)
gssmks (Gail)
Beaker (Kathy and Jeff)
Paula
newtodcl (Teresa)
TADsmommy (karen)

Castaway Cay (Friday)

Parasail
ericamanda01 1030
dzneprincess 1030
Gail
gssmks(Gail 2:30)
AAOSAM2
Misterfibble & Tiggery

Stingrays
WldWcnWmn (Thea)
purpletart (Cindy)
seashells (10am if Monday does not work out)
akasleepingbeauty (Rhonda) 11a

Glass bottom boat
seashells (1245p)

Banana boat
candycole

Palo Dinner
Joanel
Smoothsailing
CruiseForFun

Cozmel(Wednesday)

DCL Fury Catamaran
WldWcnWmn (Thea)
purpletart (Cindy)
Joannel

Paradise Beach
ericamanda01 (Amanda)
dzneprincess (Amanda)
seashells (Asha),possibility of going to Mr Sanchos as well..

Atlantis

Yay more food and Palo ressies for us!! LOL Come one, has anyone booked this yet, other than me?

Sorry i'm a little slow on the uptake. Christmas, finals and DH have taken my brain and all three are playing hockey with it! Let's see who else we have goin with us!

Looks like just you and me right now babe! LOL More fun for us huh? I am not sure if Steve and the kids will come with me on this trip. I may try to put together a girls only trip :-) We shall see.

We will be across the ship in SPH rooms 5524 and 5522. Just booked yesterday as we could not pass up the deal! We are a family of 5 and seem to have made this a September tradition the next few years!

I know of one other DISer who is on this cruise as well. We met on the hurricane Jeanne cruise last September........what a fiasco! Can't happen to us again, right?

We will be cruising September 24, 2005 as well.........

Happy New Year,

Missyoh8

Welcome missyoh! YAy so we are now officially 4 DISers? LOL Get you DISer pal over to this thread missy! LOL Myself and Amanda01 were on the Sept 19th 04 Wonder, and were one of the lucky folks who had a perfect September cruise this year! We are hoping our luck holds up!

Yes it do be! Welcome aboard!!!

Oh hey I just noticed your counter! I guess our counters can be changed!

Hey Missyoh8-I found it! We are Missyoh8's fellow Hurricane Jeanne traveling Buds! We were also booked on the 9/24/05 but had to cancel, but we still had this one booked. "We" are: myself-Darcy, DH and DT's (dear twins) Jacob and Jenna who will be 11 at time of travel. There is another Hurricane Jeanne Diser's on this cruise as well-Zitofamily-i will try to bring them in! Can't wait-we are doing Universal Orlando in place oth the cruise this summer-anyone have any tips about there? Talk to you all soon!
Darcy

Ah welcome aboard! I have cruised with Zitofamily before! LOL We cruised toe Halloween 03 Cruise together!

I am seriously considering this cruise. The only drawback for me is how far out it is. It is almost 2 years away. The prices are very very good and hard to pass up. Maybe you guys can help me out. What is Costa Maya like? Is it better than Grand Cayman? A couple of you have indicated that you have rooms in the 5520 area. Are these verandah rooms? Are they category 5 rooms?

Annae,
We have 5020/5022 connecting Cat 10s. But instead of being an inside room it has a obstructed view porthole, thus we call them SPH (secret porthole rooms). If you are even thinking about the cruise, and you have the money for the depo, I would recommend you go ahead and book it. Prices are only going to go up, but if you book now you lock in that price. THen, if for whatever reason you cant go, yo can cancel up to 75 days (final payment date) and get ALL your money back!!!!!!!!!!!DO it do it do it! No one can really plan for 2 years out, BUT I do now that 2 years from now I will still want to get the best deal possible, KWIM? BTW I use Dana at www.micdan.com and she is awesome, give her a call at the number listed on her website ( she seems to have an issue going on with her email system at times) and you should get a lower price from here than what you have been quoted thus far. Tell her Amanda says Hi. The savings might be just what you need to make you decide to cruise.! Let us know!

As of yesterday the other secret porthole rooms next door to us and to the other dis'er on this thread were both available. The idea is you are paying for a cat 10 room and really it is a cat 9 because there is a porthole but it is obstructed. They usually book up as soon as the cruise begins to book. We have never stayed without a verandah but when we saw the rooms available we could not pass up the chance to get such a great deal.

We did go to Costa Maya last fall and truthfully were not impressed. It is a very underdeveloped area and seems quite poor. I am sure in time it will be built up but they are not there yet. I think we had a very bad experience and it might have been isolated. My sister was there two weeks after us and she and her family had a ball, just grabbing a taxi and heading to whatever beach the driver thought they would like.

What gets me on this cruise is the 2 days at CC! We did not make it there last year because of that darn Jeanne........the one time we were there it was truly the best day we have ever had as a family....MAGICAL

Hope this helps. I agree, you can always cancel and get your money back but the prices if you book now are truly fabulous. We are paying less for 9/06 than we are for 9/05!

Good luck,
Missyoh8

Okay I did it. I booked it. We are in cabin 5520. Thanks for the advice. We got a great deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter