09/16/06 Double Scoop Group- see ya real soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Annae!
I can't speak for everyone but even though it is far away (20 months) I am getting through by telling myself that we have more time to save! we are in 6060-this is a category 5 verandah-same one we had for the Hurricane Jeanne cruise 9/25/04! we loved it! We had a great DISboard thread going for that one with all kinds of things planned but Hurricane Jeanne changed all that. I made some great friends on that cruise and I am sure that we will be so fortunate to make some more on this one as well.so let us know for sure if you are onboard-we'd love to have you!
darcy

Welcome Aboard!! We booked straight through DCL for this cruise as well. It was only $100 less per state room to go through an agent and we are hoping to get the "book onboard discount" when we cruise in September of '05.

Congrats and glad to know you neighbor! :boat:

Missyoh8

I know I said it early, but I highly suggest you all give Dana a call and see what she can do for you. CHances are good that she will save you even more money. Missy, I understand about the onboard discount, I wonder if the price tier will be up to the next level by then? I booked my 05/27-06 cruise the DAY the rates came out, I think ti was September? Then, on my Nov cruise, I ? rebooking for an even greater discount, the prices had already gone up! Anyways, if you are successful at getting the discount in Sept, when you ome home call Dana and she will be able to take the price even LOWER!!!! She is awesome!

I tried to call Dana several times. I keep getting voicemail. I am at work so I didn't want to leave my number for her to call me back here. I did check the deck plans and it would appear that the room we booked (5520) would have a slightly more obstructive view than the other four rooms. Do any of you have any prior experience with my cabin? How obstructed is the view?

I do not, this will be my 1st time in a SPH, no actually I will be in the same rooms on my 05/27/06 cruise. I will see then. BUt they are wildly popular rooms, but if you go here http://dcltribute.com/ and scrool down to the external links the very last one, has actual photos of the SPH rooms.

I did actually email Dana and was hoping for an email back.........I got a message from her on my answering machine for which I do not have time to call back (I was hoping for all email communication). We have figured out the numbers and even if the cruise goes to the next price level, by the time we get the 10% and $200 per stateroom credit we should still be way ahead of the game! I think my husbands adding machine has gone into overdrive figuring out how to get the best deal on a Disney Cruise!

We are actually cruising in '05 with our 25% off voucher which was good on anyones lowest fare! I will suggest that everyone get insurance!! We had it last year during the cruise and were reimbursed over $2600 for the 3 days we spent driving around Florida. I would never cruise without it after that.

Have a good one,
Missyoh8

Amanda, Dana did call me back. I called my own travel agent as well. My own travel agent quoted me the same as Disney but with a $100.00 onboard credit. Dana quoted me at $155.00 less than disney. Does anyone know anything about pirate night?

Good to know you got in touch with her. I think she is awesome and her great attitude is contagious!
Pirate night was great fun! It started at dinner, where the menu was a keepsake treasure map, and all the waiters were dressed as pirates. They even had pirate do rags on the tables for the guests! Then after dinner there was a great pirate party, were Capt Hook and his henchmen take over the ship! Oh boy my DS 5, loved it because he loves Hook! Then, our 11-27-04 cruise was the 1st one to witness the cool new fireworks they shoot. Some people also bring their own pirate things from home and dress up!

My husband and I are also booked on this cruise (past HURRICANE FRANCIS CRUISERS ) Nice to see this thread...looking forward to it!

SO how is everyones weekend going thus far? I have spent the day being upset with my kids and their constant mess. SIGH......I need a vacation.

Amanda, Hope your weekend improves! I am fighting off the flu (with little sucess) I am exposed to so much at work (ER nurse) I always take it for granted that I am immune-not this time-whishing I now took the flu vaccine offered to us! Oh well, I am still able to surf the DISboards so all is not lost!
Darcy

dinny sorry to hear tha tyou are battling the ICKS! Heres hoping that you get better soon!

Wow! I'm gone for a couple of weeks and it looks as thought Amanda has recruited lots-o-people for the cruise! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I have the wonderous joys of laundry and homework ahead of me. Why did I go back to school again!? :earboy2: I just realized that my countdown is almost below 600! It will be nice seeing as it started at over 700!

Well you shouldnt stay away so long girl! Dinny its been 3 days, how are you feeling?

Well all I have to say it that Dana ROCKS!!!! :cheer2: Dana at micdan.com got us a cat. 7, two adults for $2098! So I put our deposit down that second! YEAH!!!!!! Now DH thinks I am crazy for putting the deposit down so far in advance. When will he learn! Silly man! Were goin, were goin! :earboy2: Doin a Disney dance!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter