09/27/08 - Farewell to the Adventurer's Club - Join us!

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan

<font color=blue>Identifies with Pumbaa's Flatulen
We are hoping to gather a group of AC fans for one last chance to enjoy the Hoopla at the AC. Who wants to throw back a Kungaloosh with us?

Cinderellafifi
Jason71
Katiebell
Luv2Roam
miste76
PatriciaH
RachelTori
Sawx04
tink1957
whois figment

I arrive that day and am definitely interested! I'm meeting up with a friend so if she's game, we're in!

:cheer2:

And I would also like to keep up where the CW performers go (what club) as we would certainly visit any establishment they revert to.

I am currently looking into tickets and a room... my next trip wasn't planned until the end of October... that will be too late. Hopefully, I can plan one more trip for this year!!!

Update: We have our airline tickets and will be adding a value or moderate room!!! We will be at PI all weekend from open to close!!!

Being making plans since Friday evening. Get there early, I expect a packed house.

Our flight back home is on the 26th, so we'll miss the goodbye party :sad1: But I'll be there in spirit, anyway...our last visit to the AC will be on the 24th...although we might head back for an encore on the 25th after Wishes at MK. How late is it open?

I too expect a packed house. We had plans to go to PI on the 26th already, but how can you miss the final night of something that you love so much? So, we turned our itinerary upsidedown to make this happen.

26th Friday
Fly into MCO
Check into POR
DTD
Maybe see Beverly Hills Chihuahua at the AMC
Dinner at Raglan Road at 6:30pm
Party at PI

27th Saturday
Sleep Late
Eat at Boatrights
DHS 11:00am to 4:30pm
Cap’n Jack’s at 7:00pm
Farewell Pleasure Island Party at the Adventurer's Club

28th Sunday
Sleep Late
Epcot open from 9am to 9pm
Lunch at Rose & Crown at 12:00pm
Dinner around the WS
Enjoy the F&W Festival
See Sheena Easton

29th Monday
Magic Kingdom 9:00am to 12:00am

Sounds great, we'll be there.:cool1: I'm so glad that we already had this trip planned, we will divide our time between AC & CW, so sad to see them both go...what is Disney thinking?:mad:

Yeah, I know what you mean. When the rumors about this started swirling, Corey and I knew that our chances of seeing PI still in operation in December were slim to none. So, we decided to hope and pray that the pixie dust would hold out for us and that if we went for our anniversary, that we would be blessed with one last visit to PI. We both love the CW and the AC, so to find that we get to be there the last two nights is an unexpected bittersweet gift.

Corey and I are going to focus on the CW early on the 26th and then head over to the AC. On the 27th, Corey's friends from high school that still live in Florida are going to gather at 8Traks and Mannequins to do what they have done for years, dance their behinds off. :dance3: I am going to hang out at the AC with you guys that night.

OMG! I have wanted to meet you for a long time. You were the F&W Fest details connection last year! You posted the details before AllEarsNet or anyone else could get them up here on the DIS! You are one of my planning heroes. I owe you a :hug:

I swear, I am not a creepy stalker. :)

OMG! I have wanted to meet you for a long time. You were the F&W Fest details connection last year! You posted the details before AllEarsNet or anyone else could get them up here on the DIS! You are one of my planning heroes. I owe you a :hug:

Keeping an eye out every day for the listings again this year! :thumbsup2 We are also going with a big group on Saturday the 20th to PI. "Club Hop Until We Drop... R.I.P- P.I." :dance3: So sad...

PatriciaH,

I just wanted to echo Lindy's sentiments too! Your F&WF information last year was invaluable. (you are a Planning Hero to many, I'm sure!) Another hug! :hug:

I'm not a stalker either! :)

I am so sad about this guys !
Seriously I'm at work and keep crying from reading these posts and all of the great people who will be there that night.
Our flight doesn't get in until 10am on Sept 28th !!!! :sad:
Lynn

Is there any way for you to change your trip arrangements? I hate this for you too. There are so many people that are upset by this closure. I don't know what Disney was thinking.

I wish that if they had decided that they wanted to turn DTD into retail and restaurants only that they had at the same time announced plans for a new adults only experience area with news on relocation of the AC and the CW to that new area. Even if the new area was another 2 or 3 years before it was to come into existance it would have made the PI closure news much easier to take.

:hug:

I wholeheartedly agree Lindy:sad2: if they had just given us hope for the future, it would help soften the blow. Instead they break our hearts by taking some of the best places at WDW for adults and even for the 13-20 year olds since they could at least go to AC & CW and enjoy a good show.

By the way, I realized that we have ADRs for Spirit of Aloha at 8:00 that night so as soon as it's over, we'll be there with bells on :dance3: assuming that we can get in. I have a feeling it will be packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter