1 member of party with ticket, what are my options?

ks12066

Mouseketeer
My son was given a 10 day park hopper with no ex. by his parents last summer. We were trying to book a WDW vacation for Sept. with the free dining, but the reservationist said that we all had to have the same package. Is there any way around this? We do not want to buy him another ticket. I knew that we could not buy the dining package for him without purchasing a ticket, but I know he needs a resort ID for EMH. What suggestions do you have? Thanks!!

Unfortunately, to get the Dining package, every member of the reservation must get the same ticket. You could all get one day tickets, and upgrade all but his when you get to the resort. You will still have to buy him a 1 day ticket, but at least you won't be shelling out for a longer one.

Also, if he won't be using the one day ticket, it can be saved for a future trip. As long as the ticket isn't activated, it is good for as long as you need it.

Do I just make room reservations for the whole trip and get 1 day tickets? I have never done anything like this before. Thanks!

ks12066 said:
Do I just make room reservations for the whole trip and get 1 day tickets? I have never done anything like this before. Thanks!

You book the free dining package with one day base tickets for everyone in your party.

When you get there, take all the tickets (except your son's) to guest services and have them upgraded to number of days you want.

Keep your son's ticket to use for a later trip.

This will allow everyone in your party to have a room key that will be used EMH.

Enjoy your trip.

I love the quote in your signature. :thumbsup2

This is eactly what we are doing in Sept. When we went last month I upgraded my 8 day ticket to an Annual Pass, but my mom did not want to. For our Sept trip I bought the pkg with each of us buying just a one day base ticket. When we get there we'll just upgrade her ticket to a 9 day ticket, I'll use my Annual Pass, and then I'll save my one day base ticket for another trip next year.

FYI: Alot of annual pass holders did this last year during the free dining promotion. I still have a 7 day MYW ticket with pluses that I bought last Sept when I took my son and D-I-L down there. I took it back last December just to have the ticket taken off the old room key (to get a myler park ticket) and had them double check that I would still be able to use it in a year or two and they verified that the ticket had never been activated (by putting it in a turnstyle) and assured me the ticket would remain good for life (as long as it is never activated). They suggested I use it to renew my Annual Pass when it expired in January or told me I could just use it one year when I didn't have an annual pass.

ks12066 said:
Yes & then you could sign up for the newsletter at www.mousesavers.com & get the monthly link for ticketmania they have great prices. the newsletter comes out the 15th of each month.

Kae

Kae said:
Yes & then you could sign up for the newsletter at www.mousesavers.com & get the monthly link for ticketmania they have great prices. the newsletter comes out the 15th of each month.

Kae
Would ticketmania prices save her over $60 per ticket she has to spend to purchase the 1 day base tickets? Wouldn't it just be cheaper to stick with MYW passes?

Since the OP will have to purchase 1-day MYW base tickets for everyone in her group, it will be cheaper to simply upgrade those tickets than it will be to purchase tickets from any of the ticketbrokers.

For example, the cost of an adult 1-day MYW base ticket is $67.10 w/tax. To upgrade to a 10-day hopper, it would cost $199.15. If the OP were to purchase a 9-day adult MYW hopper from one of the Mousesavers links, it would cost her almost $240- and that's in addition to the $67.10 that she would have spent on the 1-day pass for the package.

MomofKatie said:
Unfortunately, to get the Dining package, every member of the reservation must get the same ticket. You could all get one day tickets, and upgrade all but his when you get to the resort. You will still have to buy him a 1 day ticket, but at least you won't be shelling out for a longer one.

Also, if he won't be using the one day ticket, it can be saved for a future trip. As long as the ticket isn't activated, it is good for as long as you need it.

Would someone please verify this? My son is getting a 1 day-1 park ticket for our trip in August. He will not be using it. Can I really save it for another time? Do I have to do anything while I'm there to get it "saved"?

Thanks!! I was just going to throw it out, because I thought it expired. :rolleyes:

DON"T THROW THAT TICKET AWAY!

A 1-day pass does not expire until you've used it!

You can save the room key with the ticket on it in a safe place.

OR

Go to Guest Services and have them pull the ticket off of the room key and save the "paper" ticket in a sfe place for future use.

We'll be doing this in August when we go for the free dining. All of us have leftover park passes from a previous trip and really did not want to get tickets. I'm trying to make this part of the trip more affordable since we're also going on the cruise afterwards. DH would have flipped over the cost of our WDW stay if I'd included hopper passes for the length of our stay. The overall cost was much easier for him to swallow with just 1-day passes included.

I'll be pulling the passes off of our room keys and stashing them away for another time. I'll upgrade them to 10-day no-expiry hoppers on a future visit when I have the cash available to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter